Author Topic: General marketing ideas & thoughts  (Read 14850 times)

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile
why do you think this forum has a lot of Chinese guys?

They know that they can't "Free their Money" with bitcoin. But they see this potential with Bitshares.

I don't know if 'Free your Money' says enough about Bitshares because you can say that about Bitcoin (even though it has flaws.) Why do you say they can't free their money with Bitcoin?

I agree with you about the Chinese guys though they are basically driving Bitshares volume at the moment.

BTC/PTS volume is only like $3000 daily, so basically on life support.
CNY/PTS is $14 000

So we should definitely put the slogans to the Chinese audience or ask them to come up with one that they feel speaks to them the most.

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
Fine. Forget about "high profits and yields".

But please focus on "Free your money" and "security of your wealth by protocol"

The only reason I invested in bitshares is because a brilliant mind had a brilliant idea. You don't need always Governments to control your money. YOU can control your money by creating a secure decentralised p2p banking system and exchanging wealth between other people directly without any Governmental manipulation.

Where Bitcoin's PoW and not true decentralisation failed, Bitshares should succeed.

It is inevitable that private money will exist in the future. We will soon have millions of cryptocoins from everyone of us, supermarket coins, different banks coins, government cryptocoins. All these will need the best decentralised and secured bank to get traded. Whatever asset decides anyone to hold will depend on his needs.

Bitshares has to be the ultimate bank backing all these assets. We need therefore a slogan very powerful that people outside crypto will understand and invest new money soon. If only cryptogeeks understand the potential of Bitshares what we will achieve in the best scenario is taking some of Bitcoin's market cap, but then existing bitcoin whales will manipulate bitshares as they want. I have no doubt that we the initial investors will make profits but Bitshares will never reach it's true potential.

People need to understand why a bitusd = usd.

"Secure your wealth and Free your Money in a decentralised autonomous banking exchange where robots work for the prosperity of humanity"

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
I really don't think all those generic slogans would work well. We *have* to emphasize what our actual innovations are or else it just marketing spam which turns the only people we have any hope of investing (rich crypto geeks) off

Sorry but I have to seriously disagree here with you...

I believe that rich crypto geeks, once bitshares is out there will know if it is something good to invest or not irrespective of whatever slogan you make...These are the smart guys who understand what is happening here...The product will convince these guys. ;)

You want to attract the other guys. The guys who invest in "real world" stocks and fiat fx trading. the ones that are desperately looking for an innovation to invest. The ones that currently just know bitcoin, they have missed that train and they know they have missed it but actually are looking to invest in the next best thing.

Fine, suppose we're targeting traditional investors instead of crypto geeks. How does "invest smart" and "high profits" tell them that we're anything to do with bitcoin technology? Do you think there's anyone NOT telling them that "we have a smart investment, you will make money!".
Fine
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
why do you think this forum has a lot of Chinese guys?

They know that they can't "Free their Money" with bitcoin. But they see this potential with Bitshares.

Same applies to myself who I am Greek. Our Government change the rules every now and then.. They can easily impose taxes on bitcoin, forbit transactions etc etc...They can't do that with Bitshares.

"Free your Money" for me is the most powerful slogan I saw so far!!

« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 08:27:14 pm by Zeus »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
+5% for everything .. ensured by protocol

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
I really don't think all those generic slogans would work well. We *have* to emphasize what our actual innovations are or else it just marketing spam which turns the only people we have any hope of investing (rich crypto geeks) off

Sorry but I have to seriously disagree here with you...

I believe that rich crypto geeks, once bitshares is out there will know if it is something good to invest or not irrespective of whatever slogan you make...These are the smart guys who understand what is happening here...The product will convince these guys. ;)

You want to attract the other guys. The guys who invest in "real world" stocks and fiat fx trading. the ones that are desperately looking for an innovation to invest. The ones that currently just know bitcoin, they have missed that train and they know they have missed it but actually are looking to invest in the next best thing.

Offline toast

• View Profile
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
BitShares: Free your money

+5% +5% +5% This is a very powerful slogan!!

"Protect your money. Bitshares"
"Invest smart. Bitshares"
"Invest in a new technology and realise high yields. Bitshares"

I don't like the approach of of Robots replacing humans... Rich people (who you want to invest fresh money on the system) are not necessarily clever to understand that. They will think that this is a scam...

Blockchain will be a mainstream world once a government or a bank uses it to create a new coin and crash bitcoin... I think we have a couple of years for that day to come.

Usual people want to find alternative investments that will increase their yield and secure their retirement. They want to listen slogans like:

Free your money
New alternative investments
High profits / yields
Invest in new technology
Invest now in Bitshares and retire sooner
Plan your retirement carefully. Bitshares
First get their attention and then they will learn about blockchain and dacs and robots...Just my 2 bts anyway...
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 07:54:33 pm by Zeus »

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
BitShares - Businesses powered by Blockchain Technology

technology?

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
"nothing to loose... much to gain!"
"bitshares"
  ;)

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
Bitshares - Your Share in future business

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile
I like:
Better Businesses through Blockchains

Only problem is using a term that isn't readily known (blockchains).    But I like how short it is and the use of alliteration. b

+5% That's probably my favourite so far. (I don't mind using one new word like 'blockchain' in a few months those words will be a lot more mainstream.)

My main concern was communicating owning Bitshares gets you a stake in a lot of different DAC's but if we have some Bitshares linked DAC icons on the homepage at some point then that should communicate it. 

I got

Bitshares  - 'Real decentralisation. Real profits'

(Some competitors Bitcoin/Ethereum etc. are not really decentralised and Bitcoin etc. is not really profitable.)

Others -

Bitshares- 'Replacing buldings with blockchains because it's better for business' 

Bitshares - 'Bringing liberty, prosperity & truth back to business' 

Bitshares  - 'Merchant ships bound for The New World of decentralised business.'

Offline carpet ride

• View Profile
I like:

Only problem is using a term that isn't readily known (blockchains).    But I like how short it is and the use of alliteration. b

That would be the perfect opportunity for people to watch a short video about blockchains...how much would it cost to have one professionally done?

I believe one reason people hesitate to enter the space is lack of understanding when it comes to the foundation, as well as core purpose & principles of the blockchain
All opinions are my own. Anything said on this forum does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation between myself and anyone else.
Check out my blog: http://CertainAssets.com
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline fuzzy

I like:

That would be the perfect opportunity for people to watch a short video about blockchains...how much would it cost to have one professionally done?
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline toast

• View Profile
I like:

+5% +5%

I actually think it's ok that it's a term that might be slightly intimidating. "If you don't know what a blockchain is, you better catch up quick, or these guys will leave you in the dust!"