Author Topic: General marketing ideas & thoughts  (Read 14844 times)

Offline gamey

• View Profile
I like getting away from using bitcoin but if the slogan is meant for people outside of the crypto community then they will have no idea what blockchain technology is.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
"Bitshares does for business what blockchain technology does for money"
or
"Bitshares does for business what blockchain innovation does for money"

+5%

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
I think it is safe to change a little bit our slogan to...

"Bitshares does for business what bitcoin dreams for money"
or
"Bitshares does for business what bitcoin dreamed for money"
or
"Bitshares does for business what bitcoin should for money:)  :P

even if bitcoin never fails we state that we are always some steps forward...
if they fail nobody will blame as because we follow a "dream", a vision...

or better move "bitcoin" out...

"Bitshares does for business what blockchain technology does for money"
or
"Bitshares does for business what blockchain innovation does for money"
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 09:04:14 pm by liondani »

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
Something you may want to consider...

The slogan "Bitshares does for business what bitcoin does for money" may hit us back... It is good for crypto investors but really bad if you want to attract new investors outside crypto...

Many people in the outside world liaise bitcoin as a buble, ponzi, drugs, scams, no value, crap...

I think that we should liaise bitshares with other concepts: 

investing in a new technology, a new financial asset, a technological miracle, the stock of the internet business, the companies of the future that operate autonomous and make profit to shareholders and things like that.

Please stop liaising Bitshares and DACs with bitcoin. Bitcoin might eventually fail and get replaced by another cryptocurrency issued by banks or governments once more and more people get more familiar with these kind of transactions. Bitcoin showed us the light in this new amazing technology but long term will most probably fail (remember Napster?). Not yet but sooner or later... We do not want to liaise bitshares with the future failure of bitcoin...

+5%

after all we have our unique revolutionary blockchain technology (not like mastercoin,counterparty, etc. that are bitcoin depended)

Offline gamey

• View Profile
That's a good idea, I can't see that many people clicking on audio link though and also where would we put it on the forum/website so that a casual investor easily finds this stuff, I think I have an idea, might be similar to Fuzznuts stuff but I'll make a new thread for it in a bit.

To me, the nice thing about audio is you can listen to it in the background and get the idea of what is going on. If you want to relisten to it, you go back to the page and rewind a few minutes. People listen to radio/TV all the time in preference over reading things.  Listen to podcasts while working, etc...

The main idea is that it leverages work that is already done.  If someone wanted to transcribe it, that would be better yet.

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
Something you may want to consider...

The slogan "Bitshares does for business what bitcoin does for money" may hit us back... It is good for crypto investors but really bad if you want to attract new investors outside crypto...

Many people in the outside world liaise bitcoin as a buble, ponzi, drugs, scams, no value, crap...

I think that we should liaise bitshares with other concepts: 

investing in a new technology, a new financial asset, a technological miracle, the stock of the internet business, the companies of the future that operate autonomous and make profit to shareholders and things like that.

Please stop liaising Bitshares and DACs with bitcoin. Bitcoin might eventually fail and get replaced by another cryptocurrency issued by banks or governments once more and more people get more familiar with these kind of transactions. Bitcoin showed us the light in this new amazing technology but long term will most probably fail (remember Napster?). Not yet but sooner or later... We do not want to liaise bitshares with the future failure of bitcoin... 

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile
The beyond  bitcoin dev hangout is pretty close to a weekly update. Every Saturday Dan spends I would estimate 15 or so minutes going over what has been done. Although I have been putting a bit of time trying to make the show larger it serves the dual purpose of a weekly update.

In fact fuzznuts always wanted the show to be a source of material for other producers of content. So following that plan we could use the part where dan gives his update into a short n sweet 5 - 10 min audio clip and post it separately as part of a weekly update.

That's a good idea, I can't see that many people clicking on audio link though and also where would we put it on the forum/website so that a casual investor easily finds this stuff, I think I have an idea, might be similar to Fuzznuts stuff but I'll make a new thread for it in a bit.

Offline testz

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

Bitshare Friend

These are DAC's that wish to honour Bitshares holders. However for whatever reason we can merely list them on the forum and encourage the community to get behind them but are unable to direct many additional resources from the marketing team to their promotion.

This is why having a virtual conference and meetup center (currently the mumble server) could serve a very important purpose.  We could have (and likely will have) community voice sessions with the DAC creators/community.

Having a low barrier to entry, largely in house content-production system that will be put into the beyond bitcoin show series...

+5%
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
agreed - many good ideas ..  +5%
i'll dive more into tomorrow ...
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 01:13:03 am by cass »
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline gamey

• View Profile
The beyond  bitcoin dev hangout is pretty close to a weekly update. Every Saturday Dan spends I would estimate 15 or so minutes going over what has been done. Although I have been putting a bit of time trying to make the show larger it serves the dual purpose of a weekly update.

In fact fuzznuts always wanted the show to be a source of material for other producers of content. So following that plan we could use the part where dan gives his update into a short n sweet 5 - 10 min audio clip and post it separately as part of a weekly update.

Offline fuzzy

Bitshare Friend

These are DAC's that wish to honour Bitshares holders. However for whatever reason we can merely list them on the forum and encourage the community to get behind them but are unable to direct many additional resources from the marketing team to their promotion.

This is why having a virtual conference and meetup center (currently the mumble server) could serve a very important purpose.  We could have (and likely will have) community voice sessions with the DAC creators/community.

Having a low barrier to entry, largely in house content-production system that will be put into the beyond bitcoin show series...
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 12:15:53 am by fuznuts »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
This is an awe-inspiring piece of work.
Worthy of being bumped periodically to see how we are doing.
Much appreciated!

:)
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Amazon

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Forum
very solid points. Can't agree more.  +5%
Forum Donation: PforumPLfVQXTi4QpQqKwoChXHkoHcxGuA

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
 +5%  lots of good stuff to consider
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.