Author Topic: [TechTalk] All you need to know ... about Voting in DPOS  (Read 9165 times)

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
That doesn't make sense. Delegate balance has nothing to do with bitassets. Delegates dont forge in proportion to their votes, it is fixed and goes to one person.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline jamesc

If my delegate account issues a BitAsset, would its forging power remain the same?  I ask, because I would want BitAssets to suffer just because it is more profitable to forge (or vice versa).

We currently use the term BitAssets to refer to market-issued assets. Any account can issue user-issued assets. This will not affect delegate block production. However, please note that a wallet with delegate block production enabled will not scan any transactions by default.

I'm wondering about bit assets (once implemented), not user assets.   If it were more profitable to have bitShares in the delegate balance why would anyone issue bitUSA?  If it were more profitable to issue bitUSA why would anyone be a delegate?  Hope this make sense..

Offline vikram

If my delegate account issues a BitAsset, would its forging power remain the same?  I ask, because I would want BitAssets to suffer just because it is more profitable to forge (or vice versa).

We currently use the term BitAssets to refer to market-issued assets. Any account can issue user-issued assets. This will not affect delegate block production. However, please note that a wallet with delegate block production enabled will not scan any transactions by default.

Offline jamesc

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile
In each round, all 101 delegates need to build one and only one block.

This is not true that each active delegate can only produce one block in each shuffle round. If some delegates are missing block, other active delegates may have the chance to produce its second block for each round. Since in a healthy network, delegates should not often miss blocks, this is only something need to clarify technically.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline gamey

• View Profile
I think no, for several reasons:

"BitShares" refers to a bunch of different DACs, not just the exchange
"BTS X" refers to a family of bank&exchange DACs (each with finite number of BitAssets), if the first one is "BTS" then what do we call the others?
XT will be used as a snapshot target (100% of at least first X chain will be direct XT snapshot) and won't be upgraded to any X chains (that's the plan for now at least)

Eventually we will need a hierarchal naming scheme no matter what

BTS/X/XT
BTS/X/XC1
BTS/X/XC2
BTS/X/XF1

etc

This is a source of infinite confusion.  I can't speak about when we get to the need of hierarchal naming, but I think it would help things greatly if you guys referred to BTS X as BTS eXchange.   BTS XT should be BTS eXchange Target.  Seems goofy, but it would help mitigate the endless confusion around these things.  Or perhaps "BTS XT (eXchange Target)".  Just go ahead and spell it out in the literature/posts. At least at the first mention. 

It is like trying to remember names of people you met a couple of weeks ago. It is worse as you get older ..
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline toast

• View Profile
XTS assuming a 4m supply I think

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline NewMine

• View Profile
You say pay, "10 XtS". What is XTS? Is that the same as  a BTS? Or a Bip?

XTS = units of BitShares XT

What is the AGS Explorer referring to when it says my BTS balance? XTS?

Offline toast

• View Profile
I think no, for several reasons:

"BitShares" refers to a bunch of different DACs, not just the exchange
"BTS X" refers to a family of bank&exchange DACs (each with finite number of BitAssets), if the first one is "BTS" then what do we call the others?
XT will be used as a snapshot target (100% of at least first X chain will be direct XT snapshot) and won't be upgraded to any X chains (that's the plan for now at least)

Eventually we will need a hierarchal naming scheme no matter what

BTS/X/XT
BTS/X/XC1
BTS/X/XC2
BTS/X/XF1

etc

Offline crazybit

according to road maps, Bitshares XT means Bitshares X Testing, and i think the final state of Bitshares XT would be Bitshares X, will we change the name again by then?

Offline crazybit

seems people out of the community get used to calling it  BTS rather than XTS ,and many people confuse about BTS and XTS,can we  just  keep the naming BTS ?gut feeling ,i do not think XTS is a good name.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 05:07:26 am by CrazyBit »

Offline toast

• View Profile

Offline NewMine

• View Profile