Author Topic: The reborn website bitshares.org ... Re-poll 1 month after !  (Read 8212 times)

Offline davidpbrown

BitSharesX is independend company so we just point to bitshares-x.info!
What you can see on this page is an included iframe, which one points to an extern page.
But i have no access to this server (jenkins)!

In the absence of obvious indicators of who to alert on each website, it's harder to know who to suggest to. Expecting then they can be encouraged or that those responsible are visitors here.

The http://bitshares-x.info/ doesn't suggest option for Linux download - even if that is only atm source+compile.
฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Seeing this thread, I'll just suggest again what I had already in a post that was deleted by MktDirector:Brian for not being Marketing related..

http://bitshares.org/resources/downloads/ is offering very old versions of downloads.

bts_wallet
Linux: Apr 6, 0:01:12 bts-wallet-20140406-nightly.deb

and the front of that page only suggests "Latest BitShares PTS Releases on GitHub" where it perhaps could suggest BTSX.

BitSharesX is independend company so we just point to bitshares-x.info!
What you can see on this page is an included iframe, which one points to an extern page.
But i have no access to this server (jenkins)!
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline davidpbrown

Seeing this thread, I'll just suggest again what I had already in a post that was deleted by MktDirector:Brian for not being Marketing related..

http://bitshares.org/resources/downloads/ is offering very old versions of downloads.

bts_wallet
Linux: Apr 6, 0:01:12 bts-wallet-20140406-nightly.deb

and the front of that page only suggests "Latest BitShares PTS Releases on GitHub" where it perhaps could suggest BTSX.
฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

I still don't see the update  ;)

will contact Taulent for changing this on next update .. sry for delay ...

when?

Was thinking i've asked  Taulant weeks before! Will contact him again ---  sry for delay

We deleted the BitSharesx subboard, right? So guess we should update X icon on Bank & Exchange Mainboard ...! Or i'm wrong with this? A bit confused ^^
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
I just came here to say this community needs a slick, clean "whitepaper" for BTSX and it needs to be listed prominantly on both bitshares.org and bitshares-x.info. Telling people to "read the whitepaper" is one of the main reasons bitcoin spread as fast as it did. Its a great way to market to nerds!
I mentioned this to BM at the hangout yesterday ... We came to the conclusion that we should collect everything and write a wiki article that can be used as a basis for a whitepaper

Good idea! But i like the idea also ... to create a section on bitshares.org for white papers ...

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I just came here to say this community needs a slick, clean "whitepaper" for BTSX and it needs to be listed prominantly on both bitshares.org and bitshares-x.info. Telling people to "read the whitepaper" is one of the main reasons bitcoin spread as fast as it did. Its a great way to market to nerds!
I mentioned this to BM at the hangout yesterday ... We came to the conclusion that we should collect everything and write a wiki article that can be used as a basis for a whitepaper

Offline AJ

• View Profile

Yes, great point. White paper is highly necessary for all audiences. Investors and Techies love reviewing white papers
btsx username: ajm - My BitSharesX Teaser video
http://youtube.com/watch?v=DRhwgmNsm9o

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx

Offline AJ

• View Profile
I like the layout. Simple and easy.

However, I feel bitshares is a complex project that needs to be marketed with more simplicity in working things.

I'm not sure if I missed it, is there really basic tutorials (step by step) guides measurable to the target readers who will find bitshares via Google.

I really like the SEO approach. How is the site performing BH the way with SEO rankings. Care to share some analytics and stats? Maybe we can joint together some ideas to help improve things.
btsx username: ajm - My BitSharesX Teaser video
http://youtube.com/watch?v=DRhwgmNsm9o

Offline Number 1

• View Profile
PTS: Pj8UH9ExVidcFd4LKtEgPSrwrtpYhPhug8

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

Offline bitmont

• View Profile

Offline Number 1

• View Profile
Guys any update on making bitshares.org better and simpler.

At a stage where the bitshares pump is on and people are taking notice we should have a website that is simple and easy to use.

Not as in the current format with 100's of links.

It is a web of confusion for anyone new to bitshares.

The intro video is excellent but everything after that is overkill.
PTS: Pj8UH9ExVidcFd4LKtEgPSrwrtpYhPhug8

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 06:05:46 pm by cass »