Author Topic: Windows GUI yet?  (Read 2116 times)

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
If you can deal with a little bit of command line entry, you could start now.  I am not a programmer.  I can barely read c++ with a manual handy to tell me what it all means.  I was able to get the last test two test nets up and running on windows without too many issues.

The readme is a little sparse on some of the details, and the microsoft visual studio is a little confusing for about the first 30 minutes you use it.

Seriously though.  If I can figure it out, anyone can.  If you run into any issues post them, and we will try to help you through them.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
We'll have a windows GUI with the next wallet iteration.

The wallet you are working with is horribly outdated anyway - things move fast around here

Can windows users join dry run 3?  I mean does everybody like me who does not understand anything about programming can join this test---dry run 3?

Most likely
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline tianshi

• View Profile

The wallet you are working with is horribly outdated anyway - things move fast around here

Can windows users join dry run 3?  I mean does everybody like me who does not understand anything about programming can join this test---dry run 3?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Holy moly ... so exciting!!

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline puppies

• View Profile
I can get it to build in Windows,  but it won't work correctly.   I just get a blank white screen.   I've got htdocs generated and placed in a child directory of the directory holding qt_ wallet. Exe.  Upon startup it builds the chain,  exceptions,  and peers directories in the data directory.   The only other file it builds is node_config.json.  as far as I can make out it is failing to call the client somewhere in the clientwrapper stage.   I'm just about the furthest thing from an expert there is though.   Does anyone know the correct directory layout under Windows for qt_ wallet to function properly?   It would save me a ton of time.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline werneo

• View Profile
    • chronicle of the precession of simulacra
  • BitShares: werneo
looks beautiful  :P

Offline cgafeng

There is a preview on windows.

以下是windows下的界面,因为界面只是在qt里面嵌了一个浏览器控件,所以和直接用浏览器看到的界面是一样的。
1、创建钱包界面

2、帐号界面

3、转账界面

4、地址簿界面,这里可以查询到所有注册的名称

5、代理界面

BTC:1EYwcZ9cYVj6C9LMLafdcjK9wicVMDV376

Offline puppies

• View Profile
I started working on it a little bit yesterday.   Didn't have much time so I couldn't get cmake to play nice with qt.  I'll try to spend some time on it tonight.

Ggozzo

Anything a Windows user can do to get started? It seems everything is for OSX and UBuntu users. I'd like to get in on some action too.