Author Topic: Limit of # of orders per block  (Read 2160 times)

merockstar

Correct

Preempting "but then why lazy fee if can have robots do it!": Because you can't be sure what the other orders in the block actually will be so it still disincentives walking the order book. "Lazy fee" just means the bank gets it instead of HFT algorithms

Wow pretty high volume/activity expectations you have there… :)

If you shoot for the moon the death is instant and painless when you land

that's going in my mental quote book.

pun intended.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai

Correct

Preempting "but then why lazy fee if can have robots do it!": Because you can't be sure what the other orders in the block actually will be so it still disincentives walking the order book. "Lazy fee" just means the bank gets it instead of HFT algorithms

If you shoot for the moon the death is instant and painless when you land
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

Correct

Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
So I can place the following at literally the same time:

Buy 10 bitUDS @ 1.00
Buy 15 bitUDS @ 0.99
Buy 10 bitUDS @ 0.97

And chance are, they will all go-through and potentially be matched (assuming available corresponding ask orders) in the next block, correct?

Correct

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline bytemaster

Buy 10 bitUDS @ 1.00
Buy 15 bitUDS @ 0.99
Buy 10 bitUDS @ 0.97

And chance are, they will all go-through and potentially be matched (assuming available corresponding ask orders) in the next block, correct?

Correct.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

Buy 10 bitUDS @ 1.00
Buy 15 bitUDS @ 0.99
Buy 10 bitUDS @ 0.97

Offline bytemaster

Limit is entirely size-based not count based.    If the transaction fits in the block it gets in.  Transactions are prioritized by fee.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Anybody??? – BM, toast, xeroc, Agent86, cass, …any of you dry runs participants must know the answer to this simple question.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Are you/we planning to limit the number of orders per block that each client/wallet can place?

If yes to how much, 1?