Author Topic: Naming of XT  (Read 2236 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
So .. we shouldn't call it TEST! Once the real thing is out!

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
i dont get it .. arent we snapshotting all genesis block of the bitshares X series from XT? any sources I can reread about the purpose of XT?
Yes as of the day of the snapshot for Bitshares X... not as 02/28/2014
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
But it is worth nothing...other than testnet and late buyers' chance... It is not a DAC it is a alt coin/test coin...

Also the proto-DAC for BTS X. It's original, intended purpose was as a liquid snapshot to appease all the donors.

Only an average/below average size donor, but count me appalled by it.

After doing this last sin - quoting myself…

… what the hell, instead of complaining, I will just double down and  load up on cheap BTS XT when it comes out.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Calling it  BTS eXchange Target was my idea but honestly that is what I guessed it meant.  So in that regard it wasn't a suggestion but a mistake.

The reason I post this is not to pat myself on the back, but to point out the level of confusion in all this stuff.
i dont get it .. arent we snapshotting all genesis block of the bitshares X series from XT? any sources I can reread about the purpose of XT?

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
But it is worth nothing...other than testnet and late buyers' chance... It is not a DAC it is a alt coin/test coin...

Also the proto-DAC for BTS X. It's original, intended purpose was as a liquid snapshot to appease all the donors.

Only an average/below average size donor, but count me appalled by it.

Offline gamey

• View Profile

Calling it  BTS eXchange Target was my idea but honestly that is what I guessed it meant.  So in that regard it wasn't a suggestion but a mistake.

The reason I post this is not to pat myself on the back, but to point out the level of confusion in all this stuff.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 05:39:39 pm by tonyk »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Can we find consensus about NOT calling BitShares XT the _test_ of bitshares x buz maybe (as I read somewhere else)
BitShares eXchange Target

Calling it Testing too much implies a testnetwork worth nothing!

Discuss!