Author Topic: Dry Run 4: A New Hope  (Read 15854 times)

Offline bytemaster

Manually add a node

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline bytemaster

Why might my computer be canceling connections? I can't connect to the network at all anymore. I just rebuilt the client and I still cannot connect. Sorry for missing a ton of blocks

Known bug that Eric is working on.

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline bytemaster

This is a bug caused by importing wallets from different chains where the account ids were different. 

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
Can you see it?

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
What happens is the wallet says "hey, those accounts belong to me, because they match wallet ID ###". But the wallet ID is wrong. But it still populates it with your own local keys, it doesn't magically know the other private keys.

How can I have them changed to the right names?

Not easily... export all your private keys, delete the wallet, and rescan.

BM is working on new wallet architecture which should make bugs like this much less common
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline muse-umum

• BitShares everything
    • View Profile
What happens is the wallet says "hey, those accounts belong to me, because they match wallet ID ###". But the wallet ID is wrong. But it still populates it with your own local keys, it doesn't magically know the other private keys.

How can I have them changed to the right names?

clout

Why might my computer be canceling connections? I can't connect to the network at all anymore. I just rebuilt the client and I still cannot connect. Sorry for missing a ton of blocks

Offline bitcoinerS

• View Profile
There is a function
Code: [Select]
wallet_account_vote_summary
Delegate                 For            Against
       --------------------------------------------------------------
bits                     4850000        0             

to get allocation of votes by account in user's wallet.

Also, there is a function
blockchain_get_account_record bits 
Record for 'bits' -- Registered on 2014-Jun-21 02:10:00, last update was 40 hours ago
Owner's key: XTS7TiXSdc4HzMdA1TE4t6p1cADfkbjcGTUL3g6FFmcG95VPhPwtX
VOTES FOR           VOTES AGAINST       NET VOTES           BLOCKS PRODUCED BLOCKS MISSED   PRODUCTION RATIO    LAST BLOCK #    TOTAL PAY           
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0.01021002%         0%                  0.01021002%         27              20              0.5745              3278            2.938955 XTS
to get info about a registered account or delegate.

I wonder if there is a way to look up what accounts (public addresses or registered accounts) allocated votes toward a delegate.
Maybe a new function is needed
blockchain_account_vote_summary
>>> approve bitcoiners

Offline spartako

• View Profile
I think I've found something really strange.

I built with the latest codes one hour ago, then restored the wallet files backed up two days ago after dry run 4 was started.

Guess what? I have accounts spartako1 , spartako3, spartako4 in my wallet, all of which were NOT created by me, I swear. (unelected-heyd-1, unelected-heyd-2, unelected-heyd-3 are the ones in the genesis json file while vote-heyd was created by me actually.)

heyd (unlocked) >>> wallet_list_my_accounts
NAME (* delegate)                  KEY                                                             REGISTERED            TRUST LEVEL    BLOCK PRODUCTION ENABLED
spartako1 *                        XTS68Ab5SG3sz6miKjFQ3B9FdZojk8FZeK1rtuQzzHnbi4Shv971w           2014-06-21T02:50:00   10             YES                     
spartako3 *                        XTS6zv9T6DTya4jhDRrtWq24rPafisZE2NKbqAkhZHzxdeTmqvcnK           2014-06-21T02:50:00   10             YES                     
spartako4 *                        XTS8j75dYvJVV5KgxrNDjeppEwTqyTCJH7hPMebm2PPAJnuWe83Ry           2014-06-21T02:50:00   10             YES                     
unelected-heyd-1 *                 XTS5Q7j3ZAYwjGAuK6AfWiqDuahnah9MVHXxGAr8yjsxWwuEAX9xg           2014-06-20T00:00:00   0              YES                     
unelected-heyd-2 *                 XTS5K6TmQjqReTUhWMg3EBjQ26VB6r26jMn4r2VEG2ykWh2xFkUpP           2014-06-20T00:00:00   0              YES                     
unelected-heyd-3 *                 XTS5HHx85ASdW3b4UmyV8g2rLyYRfHeTj8aH6E1DTE11jFUBr96as           2014-06-20T00:00:00   0              YES                     
vote-heyd                          XTS6AVvY9Ri2FJb6vazyHpgDq4CyzYLcATF4pC3qvra1KF7RcC318           NO                    0              N/A         

I couldn't believe my eyes. Then I tried to export the private keys/public keys of these three 'new' accounts. Here is what I got:

heyd (unlocked) >>> wallet_account_export_private_key spartako1
"5KNGqS4irbpH6tZQQ(**********)"
heyd (unlocked) >>> wallet_account_export_private_key spartako3
"5Ju42xu7knENxhy4m(**********)"
heyd (unlocked) >>> wallet_account_export_private_key spartako4
"5Je7QTfXBZmehcC1b(**********)"

@spartako , Could you please check whether the first parts of these private keys match the delegates created by you ?

Actually these private keys are the ones of delegates heyd-young, heyd-naive, heyd-simple.

Interesting :
heyd (unlocked) >>> wallet_account_balance
spartako1:
    6.312270 XTS

Confirmed it is a wallet sync bug. My private keys are different and also the spartako1 balance is different.
wallet_account_set_approval spartako

Offline toast

• View Profile
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline toast

• View Profile
i experienced the same problem 2 days ago on RUN 3 and Toast asked me to create  a  new wallet and re-import my own private key.
I suspect it is a security bug and BM/Toast should look deep into it

I built with the latest codes one hour ago, then restored the wallet files backed up two days ago after dry run 4 was started.

Guess what? I have accounts spartako1 , spartako3, spartako4 in my wallet, all of which were NOT created by me, I swear. (unelected-heyd-1, unelected-heyd-2, unelected-heyd-3 are the ones in the genesis json file while vote-heyd was created by me actually.)

NAME (* delegate)                  KEY                                                             REGISTERED            TRUST LEVEL    BLOCK PRODUCTION ENABLED
spartako1 *                        XTS68Ab5SG3sz6miKjFQ3B9FdZojk8FZeK1rtuQzzHnbi4Shv971w           2014-06-21T02:50:00   10             YES                     
spartako3 *                        XTS6zv9T6DTya4jhDRrtWq24rPafisZE2NKbqAkhZHzxdeTmqvcnK           2014-06-21T02:50:00   10             YES                     
spartako4 *                        XTS8j75dYvJVV5KgxrNDjeppEwTqyTCJH7hPMebm2PPAJnuWe83Ry           2014-06-21T02:50:00   10             YES                     
unelected-heyd-1 *                 XTS5Q7j3ZAYwjGAuK6AfWiqDuahnah9MVHXxGAr8yjsxWwuEAX9xg           2014-06-20T00:00:00   0              YES                     
unelected-heyd-2 *                 XTS5K6TmQjqReTUhWMg3EBjQ26VB6r26jMn4r2VEG2ykWh2xFkUpP           2014-06-20T00:00:00   0              YES                     
unelected-heyd-3 *                 XTS5HHx85ASdW3b4UmyV8g2rLyYRfHeTj8aH6E1DTE11jFUBr96as           2014-06-20T00:00:00   0              YES                     
vote-heyd                          XTS6AVvY9Ri2FJb6vazyHpgDq4CyzYLcATF4pC3qvra1KF7RcC318           NO                    0              N/A         

I couldn't believe my eyes. Then I tried to export the private keys of these three 'new' accounts. Here is what I got:

"5KNGqS4irbpH6tZQQ(*****deleted*****)"
"5Ju42xu7knENxhy4m(*****deleted*****)"
"5Je7QTfXBZmehcC1b(*****deleted*****)"

@spartako , Could you please check whether these private keys match the delegates created by you ?

It is a wallet sync bug. I'm confident you do not have access to those private keys.

Offline sfinder

• 4 Cores CPU+100GB SSD+anti-DDoS Pro
    • View Profile
i experienced the same problem 2 days ago on RUN 3 and Toast asked me to create  a  new wallet and re-import my own private key.
I suspect it is a security bug and BM/Toast should look deep into it

I couldn't believe my eyes. Then I tried to export the private keys of these three 'new' accounts. Here is what I got:

"5KNGqS4irbpH6tZQQ(*****deleted*****)"
"5Ju42xu7knENxhy4m(*****deleted*****)"
"5Je7QTfXBZmehcC1b(*****deleted*****)"

@spartako , Could you please check whether these private keys match the delegates created by you ?
微博:星在飘我在找|BTS X 受托人delegate ID:baidu
中国教育书店合作将20%收入捐献给贫困山区学生。
Cooperating with China Education Bookstore and will donate 20% of delegate income to the poor students

Offline muse-umum

• BitShares everything
    • View Profile

I couldn't believe my eyes. Then I tried to export the private keys/public keys of these three 'new' accounts. Here is what I got:

"5KNGqS4irbpH6tZQQ(**********)"
"5Ju42xu7knENxhy4m(**********)"
"5Je7QTfXBZmehcC1b(**********)"

@spartako , Could you please check whether the first parts of these private keys match the delegates created by you ?

Actually these private keys are the ones of delegates heyd-young, heyd-naive, heyd-simple.

Interesting :
heyd (unlocked) >>> wallet_account_balance
spartako1:
    6.312270 XTS
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 06:00:08 pm by heyD »

Offline coolspeed

• View Profile
    • My Blog

Could you please turn my delegate name "coolspeed" to "unelected-coolspeed" or something else to let me use it in the real chain?

UPDATE:
If what bytemaster infers in the following is what I am reporting, then just ignore me. Hope it be fixed next time. Thanks.

0) I only partially fixed the negative vote issue

If I did not get it wrong, the name "coolspeed" has not been registered as an initial delegate, or what with a bunch of down votes. That time, the names such as mine and "crazybit" etc. were all registered for electing.
FYI.

Please vote for  delegate.coolspeed    dac.coolspeed
BTS account: coolspeed
Sina Weibo:@coolspeed

Offline emski

• View Profile
    • http://lnkd.in/nPbhxG
One of my test delegates that I intentionally made misbehaving is not getting downvotes although he has 35 missed blocks.

322         secondtester             89026995            0                   0.0008904976421 %   0               35