Author Topic: Google is Satoshi Nakamoto  (Read 3751 times)

Offline jae208

• View Profile
Am I the only one to think that thesis is utterly nonsensical?
no

I'm probably gping to step on a couple toes here...
To me there are other things that seem less likely than what I have stated.  For instance, how is it that a billion people identify as Christians,  a billion as Muslims and a billion as jews? To me half the world population is delusional.

Anyways, I'd like to know why you guys think it is not possible?
http://bitsharestutorials.com A work in progress
Subscribe to the Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/BitsharesTutorials

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile

hah. guess i'm a liberal according the smallest political quiz.

hmm... i guess with extreme conservatism the corporations would eat the government (like we see in the US). the opposite, extreme liberalism, would see the government eating the corporations (china anybody?)

in a more conservative government the focus would be on rights, but in a more liberal government the focus would be on liberties. but with both of the extreme ends, we see a degradation of liberties in favor of rights. (correct me if I'm wrong about china, but they don't seem to have more liberties than we do). so maybe both sides do have more in common, and the difference is just who our masters ultimately are.

there has to be some way we can prevent both extremes from happening.

I think in either extreme it's not so much an issue of one side eating the other as the two hierarchies merging.  Hierarchical power structures don't share power well with other hierarchical power structures, they integrate and determine a single pecking order within the integrated hierarchical power structure.  That's why many of us here are so attached to decentralized systems with low barriers to entry.  Mesh structures are more flat, so no one entity has strongly established asymmetrical power over those "below" it as in hierarchies.

merockstar

Nah, Satoshi was NSA. They finally found a way to track every transaction.

in exchange for denying the federal reserve the ability to print money on a whim, allowing them to tax the peasants as much as they feel like with nobody noticing.

would they really want to kill their goose and it's golden eggs?
It wouldnt be killing the goose, but instead asserting ultimate control over us through moving to a transactional system far better for surveillance than the current one.  After 2008, the banking cartels have plenty of free money to invest in this technology and manipulate the market just like they are today (except with far more accurate data since total surveillance will be more effective).

And now everyone seems to be cool with 51% control of bitcoin so long as there is a "promise" not to do anything bad with that power....but people who speak up about potential schemes are usually laughed off as comspiracy theorists.
Didnt the Winklevosses open up a bitcoin hedgefund pretty early in the game? Hrm.....

yea, but for them to be able to assert total control through surveillance everybody has to be using bitcoin, which means fiat would lose value. if that's the case, then the government who funds the NSA is going to run out of money pretty quickly (even after initially investing a shit-ton in it-- that would just delay the inevitable) unless they tone back what they're spending, and when they start to run out of money they wont be able to just print more-- they'll actually have to use the taxes people pay them wisely. I just can't see my government being okay with that.

so if people are still using fiat, that means they can't actually completely conduct surveillance of everybody, kind of defeating the point.

the goose (printing press) either dies, or it doesnt. no middle ground if we're talking about the purpose of bitcoin being used for surveillance.

The linear "left-right" political spectrum has always been oversimplified. The reality is that extreme left and extreme right have a lot in common, plus there's no way to chart the statist vs. libertarian thing. And some people agree with one side on economic issues, but not social issues, etc., etc. There are some better charts that have an x- and y- axis and look more like a compass, plus others wrap around in a 3-D shape. But of course, the media still uses the old labels.

If in doubt, you can always take the World's Smallest Political Quiz; it's been featured in several publications as being fairly accurate, especially considering there are only ten questions:

http://theadvocates.org/quiz/quiz.php

hah. guess i'm a liberal according the smallest political quiz.

hmm... i guess with extreme conservatism the corporations would eat the government (like we see in the US). the opposite, extreme liberalism, would see the government eating the corporations (china anybody?)

in a more conservative government the focus would be on rights, but in a more liberal government the focus would be on liberties. but with both of the extreme ends, we see a degradation of liberties in favor of rights. (correct me if I'm wrong about china, but they don't seem to have more liberties than we do). so maybe both sides do have more in common, and the difference is just who our masters ultimately are.

there has to be some way we can prevent both extremes from happening.

Offline fuzzy

in exchange for denying the federal reserve the ability to print money on a whim, allowing them to tax the peasants as much as they feel like with nobody noticing.

It wouldnt be killing the goose, but instead asserting ultimate control over us through moving to a transactional system far better for surveillance than the current one.  After 2008, the banking cartels have plenty of free money to invest in this technology and manipulate the market just like they are today (except with far more accurate data since total surveillance will be more effective).

And now everyone seems to be cool with 51% control of bitcoin so long as there is a "promise" not to do anything bad with that power....but people who speak up about potential schemes are usually laughed off as comspiracy theorists.
Didnt the Winklevosses open up a bitcoin hedgefund pretty early in the game? Hrm.....
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 11:51:04 pm by fuznuts »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
The linear "left-right" political spectrum has always been oversimplified. The reality is that extreme left and extreme right have a lot in common, plus there's no way to chart the statist vs. libertarian thing. And some people agree with one side on economic issues, but not social issues, etc., etc. There are some better charts that have an x- and y- axis and look more like a compass, plus others wrap around in a 3-D shape. But of course, the media still uses the old labels.

If in doubt, you can always take the World's Smallest Political Quiz; it's been featured in several publications as being fairly accurate, especially considering there are only ten questions:

http://theadvocates.org/quiz/quiz.php

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
from what I can tell, the distinction between government and private sector is starting to get blurry.

This seems relevant: http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2014/06/the-left-right-political-spectrum-is-bogus/373139/

Decentralize all the things! :P

merockstar

I was kidding; I'm really not that paranoid about the government. When I see problems, I tend to blame the private sector more often. Google makes more sense as Bitcoin's inventor than the NSA. Lots of smart people working there with nothing to do on Fridays. Or evenings and weekends, for that matter!

from what I can tell, the distinction between government and private sector is starting to get blurry.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
I was kidding; I'm really not that paranoid about the government. When I see problems, I tend to blame the private sector more often. Google makes more sense as Bitcoin's inventor than the NSA. Lots of smart people working there with nothing to do on Fridays. Or evenings and weekends, for that matter!

merockstar

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

Offline fuzzy

Eric Schmidt attends the (illegal) yearly Bilderburg Conferences...

As for the idea being ludacris..we currently have a industrial scale surveillance platform that spans multiple carriers and concentrates data from multiple devices into the NSA Fusion Centers. Lets not forget that the massive amounts of "conspiracies that have proven true" and try to refrain from using the word "nonsensical".  ANYthing is possible, even if improbable.  Total surveillance is nonsensical,  and that hasnt stopped that trend...
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Lol... Google is made of tens of thousands of people...

Do you mean a secret team within google? Does the CEO know?
Do you mean an employee within google? Why associate it with google then?
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

merockstar

no

The thing that makes for interesting thought nuggets is why you guys feel that way.

Offline Agent86

• BTSX: agent86
    • View Profile
no

Offline BldSwtTrs

• View Profile

Offline mint chocolate chip

Google is Satoshi Nakamoto
+1

Definitely a possibility.

merockstar

That makes a lot of sense, but if google did this then they assigned one person to lead their team.

Satoshi's exit was kind of impromptu and provoked by Gavin's willingness to talk to the CIA, this seems very unplanned, and all his writing suggests to me that he was one person. A professionally led team wouldn't exhibit paranoia in my opinion.

Offline jae208

• View Profile
I've always thought that Satoshi Nakamoto is actually Google.

Why?

Google has the resources and the ingenuity to create something like Bitcoin. Plus, if you look at all the recent acquisitions they have made in the last few years it is clear that they have a long term outlook and plan on changing the world in many ways. To me the current financial system threatens their existence because of its long term instability. They need a stable economy in order to exist and you can't have a stable economy in the long term with the threat of financial collapse always present and that is what our current fiat system does.

Also, I have always wondered why Google hasn't embraced or said much about cryptocurrency.
Usually, they just buy up what they like or embrace the latest and greatest technology.

Self driving cars
Boston Dynamics
Calico
Nest Internet of things

Oh and did I mention that Google is offering a $20 million prize to whoever lands a robot on the moon that travels 500 meters by 2015?

The prize is offered through the x prize foundation of Peter Diamandis. Google Lunar X Prize

They have bold aspirations and Bitcoin to me seems to align with their long term goals.
http://bitsharestutorials.com A work in progress
Subscribe to the Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/BitsharesTutorials