Author Topic: Stakes in DACs  (Read 4423 times)

Offline ppimp

• View Profile
Re: Stakes in DACs
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2014, 02:28:45 am »
Has anyone talked about where Bitshares XT will be trading when it first gets released? As in, is invictus talking with any of the exchanges?

Probably will hit the forums first.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2014, 06:02:13 pm »
Also one more note:
 Buying Bitshares XT gives you stake in all subsequent DACs built on it, however since you are not an early holder from february 28th, you lose out on Bitshares XI, XV, XC. There is no way to buy into those chains. Are there any other chains that PTS early holders have access to and others do not?

Is that correct?

Actually, one of the *INSANELY GREAT* values of XT is that it allows you to buy into perhaps (hundreds?) of derivative X chains as soon as it is on the market.  So, you can grab lots of XTS from homo "sapiens" who are in a hurry to cash out - while you are cashing in and literally laughing out loud (LLOL)!

You may have missed the February 28th snapshot, but you are still ahead of 99.9998% of the entire freaking earth's population if you are smart enough to buy XTS from those who are (you've got to be kidding me) selling XTS when it starts trading.

However, this is merely an enthusiastic rant, and does not constitute financial advice.

:)

you don''t mean the test xts we are using now?

No, these are dry runs. You'll know when it's for real
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2014, 05:57:57 pm »
Also one more note:
 Buying Bitshares XT gives you stake in all subsequent DACs built on it, however since you are not an early holder from february 28th, you lose out on Bitshares XI, XV, XC. There is no way to buy into those chains. Are there any other chains that PTS early holders have access to and others do not?

Is that correct?

Actually, one of the *INSANELY GREAT* values of XT is that it allows you to buy into perhaps (hundreds?) of derivative X chains as soon as it is on the market.  So, you can grab lots of XTS from homo "sapiens" who are in a hurry to cash out - while you are cashing in and literally laughing out loud (LLOL)!

You may have missed the February 28th snapshot, but you are still ahead of 99.9998% of the entire freaking earth's population if you are smart enough to buy XTS from those who are (you've got to be kidding me) selling XTS when it starts trading.

However, this is merely an enthusiastic rant, and does not constitute financial advice.

you don''t mean the test xts we are using now?

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2014, 02:27:15 am »
Also one more note:

Is that correct?

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2014, 10:08:10 pm »
We really really really need to educate people about this

+5% for your recent effort on creating an info webpage!!

Offline toast

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2014, 08:32:09 pm »
no, XT is just for BTS X chains. All X chains come from XT.
The other DACs still come from PTS/AGS

PTS/AGS
|--BTS XT
|---|-- BTS X1
|---|-- BTS XV
|--DNS
|--Lotto

Is that more clear?
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline ppimp

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2014, 08:30:37 pm »
Also one more note:

Is that correct?

Offline ppimp

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2014, 08:28:56 pm »
Ok so let me see if I got this:

If I am an early PTS holder, I get a stake in all early/experimental bitshares chains. Since I have Bitshares X it means I will get stake in Bitshares XT, XI, XV, XC. All of these Bitshares X lines are based on february 28th snapshot.

If I buy AGS now. I will not get shares in any of these, and would need to buy Bitshares XT. You are also saying that subsequent DACs are based on BitShares XT?

So then, why would one buy AGS now?

Offline toast

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2014, 08:01:19 pm »
Thanks for the info guys.

So in summary, if I was to buy X AGS today. I would be missing out on Bitshares X, LottoShares, and MemoryCoin.

How would I get a stake in Bitshares X today? Is it possible?

BitShares XT is the snapshot target for subsequent X dacs, you can buy it once we launch and all the impatient people dump their share of the snapshot before the first X chain is launched

Offline ppimp

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2014, 07:53:47 pm »
Thanks for the info guys.

So in summary, if I was to buy X AGS today. I would be missing out on Bitshares X, LottoShares, and MemoryCoin.

How would I get a stake in Bitshares X today? Is it possible?

Offline toast

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2014, 05:57:18 pm »
There has also been a snapshot for FreeTrade's lottoshares but he has not released it yet

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2014, 05:12:32 pm »
Hi PPimp as far as I know early PTS holders have only been given a stake in 1 main DAC so far - 'Bitshares X' which is the Bank & Exchange DAC on Feb 28th (They are testing the at the moment and will hopefully be releasing soon at which point you can claim your shares if you held PTS at that time.)

There was also as you say a MMC stake given last year but that was very small.

There are a lot of DAC's coming up soon I believe, Lottery, Domain Names, Music and more.

I don't think there is a timeline yet,  but I agree there should definitely be one in an easy to find place.
The tech guys are brilliant, marketing not so much  :'( I think they are slowly improving though and all these basic resources and more will be available soon.

Offline ppimp

• View Profile
Stakes in DACs
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2014, 04:56:42 pm »
Hi,
 Is there a timeline somewhere that shows what stakes PTS holders have already?

Let's say I was holding PTS since very early on. What DACs do I have a stake in now? It's hard to keep track, and don't know if there is one place for this? I know I may have memory coin? bitshares xts, or xt, or etc? How can I easily find this out?