Author Topic: best way to get bitshares for somebody who missed the snapshot?  (Read 1122 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I am pretty sure bigger exchange will start trading bitsharesXT soon ... bter.com for instance took part in the snapshotting .. so a few people will have an initial stake directly on that exchange ..

I am pretty sure there will be some people selling soon to achieve a return of investment and also some people are not so confident in the future progress as we both are

merockstar

Wait for the release of BitShares XT ... and buy after launch .. *maybe* wait a few hours/days until the price settles

BitSharesXT will give you a stake in BitSharesX

ps: that is what I would do (and probably will do) .. it's not intend to be an investment advice!

thanks xeroc.

that means i'll have to find somebody here interested in selling some.

my concern: is anybody here going to be willing to do that?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Wait for the release of BitShares XT ... and buy after launch .. *maybe* wait a few hours/days until the price settles

BitSharesXT will give you a stake in BitSharesX

ps: that is what I would do (and probably will do) .. it's not intend to be an investment advice!

merockstar

I hate to admit it but I didn't start buying in until march.

originally I wasn't that interested in bitshares x because I never knew much about finances. but the more I learn, the more aghast I am that I don't have any bitshares lined up.

what's the best strategy for somebody in my position? is the testnet stable enough that I can download it now and try to convince somebody to sell me some bitshares with relatively little risk of it reverting back to the snapshot again? or should I just wait until XT is stable and hope I can get in before they get listed on an exchange?

what would you do if you were in my predicament?