Author Topic: Using Keyhotee For Decentalized Poker  (Read 4500 times)

Offline CoinHoarder

• In Cryptocoins I Trust
    • View Profile
What about "double-blind" identity verification?
You have an independent service that verifies identities. The verifying organization makes sure there are no duplicate accounts by checking real-world IDs, but then in the actual DAC you "untie" your real-world identity from the ID you use in the DAC with a zerocoin-esque mixer thing.

That may be the best solution, but it is not an entirely decentralized solution like I feel would be optimal. I suppose if there is no other solution, that would be better than what I have proposed. It seems that might be the best course of action until the technologies around fingerprint/iris/face recognition are improved upon to where something like a smart phone or web cam can do those tasks. That to me is the ideal decentralized solution, but I don't think you can perform them accurately quite yet without specialized hardware.

Sometimes the answers to the questions you seek are the most obvious! Perhaps I was making it too complicated.
https://www.decentralized.tech/ -> Market Data, Portfolios, Information, Links, Reviews, Forums, Blogs, Etc.
https://www.cryptohun.ch/ -> Tradable Blockchain Asset PvP Card Game

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
What about "double-blind" identity verification?
You have an independent service that verifies identities. The verifying organization makes sure there are no duplicate accounts by checking real-world IDs, but then in the actual DAC you "untie" your real-world identity from the ID you use in the DAC with a zerocoin-esque mixer thing.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline CoinHoarder

• In Cryptocoins I Trust
    • View Profile
Obviously Keyhotee could be used to log into an online (centralized, or decentralized) poker network. There is one glaring problem with a decentralized poker network in that it may be impossible to combat "multi accounting". Multi accounting is used to describe the practice of entering multiple accounts (screen names) into the same online poker tournament. The sole purpose of multi-accounting is to create an advantage by offering one player multiple chances to advance to the later stages of a tournament where the significant money is, can also be used in cash games to collude with yourself, and also can be used by good players whom people have stopped giving action because they are that good.

I have a few ideas I could think of to deter multi accounting, but I don't think they are a very good solution to the problem, and I'm not sure if one really exists that could be used in a decentralized poker network. Centralized sites stop multi accounting by having poker players send in identification (passports, photo IDs, utility bills, etc.) I'm not sure that solution would really work in a decentralized site... who would analyze the IDs? and who would know enough about them to spot fake IDs?? Who would keep the identification and would everyone just have to trust that they keep them secret?

Now that I've outlined the problem, I am wondering if Keyhotee could be a possible solution. Is there any way that you could stop people from getting multiple keyhotee log ins? After searching around there seem like no good answer, so I am here asking you guys if you can think of anything. I don't really see these as optimal solutions, but these are the only ways I can think of:

-   Each person in a hand should be assigned a multi accounting score. This score represents the likelihood that player(s) involved in a hand were the same person based on the examining the multi accounting data points.
-   Possibly use of biometric fingerprint scanners, iris, or facial recognition software to use to make sure no one is playing more than one account at the same table. However, I’m not sure this technology is practical yet. Another more practical idea may be to make web cameras mandatory so you can see who you’re playing against.
-   Charge for player accounts. In my opinion is the most practical way at the moment of fighting Multi Accounting. Charge a fee for the account to play, based on the stakes they want to play at, so that it isn’t too much to deter players but that it would be expensive to multi account. This money can also be used for marketing and/or collusion/bot/ma checking.
-   All data points will need to be extensively beta tested to figure out how heavy they should be weighted, as a ton of false positives are possible and the formula for the multi accounting score will need to be tweaked. I suggest setting points for each data point, and have the data points that are more likely to catch what we’re looking for be worth more points.
-   Multi Accounting Data Points:
1.   Check IP for TOR and Proxy use
2.   Check for same IPs across the network.
3.   Check if the player funded his account with the same Bitcoin/whatever coin address as another player, or used to fund another player’s account. Block chain analysis could be done versus players who have mixed their coins.

Any ideas of how Keyhotee could be used for this purpose? Decentralized poker in games where multi accounting is possible may not be practical at this point in time if this problem is not solved, and that will be a serious setback for the Bitshares decentralized poker network project.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 03:19:32 am by CoinHoarder »
https://www.decentralized.tech/ -> Market Data, Portfolios, Information, Links, Reviews, Forums, Blogs, Etc.
https://www.cryptohun.ch/ -> Tradable Blockchain Asset PvP Card Game