Author Topic: Clarifications about BTS X plan  (Read 11895 times)

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Locking this thread because the OP has inaccurate / "what should we do" / speculative content and I don't want to confuse newbies further... if someone has questions make another topic or contact me directly.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline GaltReport

At some point I am going to have to devote myself to the study of clarity among the masses of people that are half-paying attention.   1000's of options is a real mess, people say they want choices, but tend to choose Apple which is famous for removing choices.    People say they want freedom, but then choose tyranny to avoid having to think for themselves.

Understanding this is likely as important as economics and is something we have clearly not mastered.

One chain that upgrades over time is clearly the most simple approach you can have.

Got that one right my friend!!

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
1. btsx is the endproduct without marketfunctions
2. yes
3. no need to clain XT, just install the btsx client an import your pts wallet.dat

Offline isza

• View Profile
I did have some PTS on Feb 28.

• Where are we exactly on the snapshot graph? Has BitShares X already come out, or only BitShares XT?
  • Something appears as BTSX on BTER. Is that really BitShares X or is it BitShares XT? [corrected a typo]
  • Do I need to claim my BitShares XT in order to possess BitShares X, or can I just wait?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 11:06:08 pm by isza »

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
I agree with the number of brand new accounts and the fact that they are all negative but whats the point, you can't buy XTS yet........
But you can spread Fear such that on launch .. weak handed investors sell their stake low

So we don't want weak handed investor's to sell low :-\? Because I kinda like buying low.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Can someone clarify exact function of the chains BTSXI and BTSXV?
These are just arbitrary name for chains that might come in a few months and trades some bitAssets

let's just say something like

BTSXI  -- trades fastfood companies (i.e., MacDo, BurgerKing, KFC, Sushi Guys .. etc)
BTSXV -- trades cosmetica (i.e., ehm .. I am a tech guy .. no idea .. pick some!)

Might be completely different ones!

Offline pgbit

• View Profile
Can someone clarify exact function of the chains BTSXI and BTSXV?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
"propaganda campaign"
good point .. let's stick with that :)

Offline cygnify

• View Profile

Ggozzo

There are too many BTS investors can't read or understand English. no matter how many times you explaining to them...

let me try once more, pay attention please:

For BTS investors. you will be honored 100% of future banking &financing related DACs, which include bts x xi xii xiii..... plus other banking and financing related DACs. for example , If 3i copied the code of NXT or XCP. the 100% of new coins created will be distributed to BTS holders.
(why no reservation for DEV team ? because 3i own some bts as well, from your donated before feb 28. So we are on the same boat :)

3i is a long sight company, it will have more product which not only restricted in banking and financing field . such as 3i music, 3i insurance. For these non finaning related DACs , at least of 10% will be honored to PTS and AGS holders.

I find Chinese bts community become really upset today.  I ask for any reason, but nobody can explain to me.  i think 80% of this nonsense due to language barrier and 20% is because under education.

i give up to explain these to my Chinese people. they prefer screaming rather than thinking with their own brain.
+5 .. nice summary ..

I think there might be market manipulation ongoing in order to get hands on cheap XTS ... most FUD is/was created by newbies on the forum with accounts created the last few days ..

There is no market yet.
There is also no market manipulation at all! unless you hack a financal institute .. every other market manipulation happens in the minds of weak-handed .. steered by strong-handed ..
and this steering can be done well before a product is at place .. let's call it negative marketing.. however ,, negative PR seems to also we worth something!

If you guys continue with your FUD and I cannot stop weak-handed to sell their stake I can be happy with that because I can buy more! :)
However I cannot support market manipulation!

You and I have very different definitions of Market Manipulation. Since there is no market, I have to conclude that you are wrong and are intending to convey the defintion of a "propaganda campaign" or "PSYOPS".

This is off topic to the thread.

Offline jae208

• View Profile
At some point I am going to have to devote myself to the study of clarity among the masses of people that are half-paying attention.   1000's of options is a real mess, people say they want choices, but tend to choose Apple which is famous for removing choices.    People say they want freedom, but then choose tyranny to avoid having to think for themselves.

Understanding this is likely as important as economics and is something we have clearly not mastered.

One chain that upgrades over time is clearly the most simple approach you can have.

The issue may be that economics is a 'social science' based on a series of assumptions. For instance, we are all human and humans unfortunately aren't very rational. Once we merge with machines that may change. People generally disagree for a number of reasons

Not having access to the same information
Not having the same level of reasoning
Irrational preconceptions learned such as religion, pseudoscience, etc

Perhaps, a better economics understanding would come from the interdisciplinary field of Econophysics.   I recently saw an episode of Through the Wormhole titled, "Is poverty genetic" and sometime through the show Morgan Freeman was talking to a researcher of Econophysics and he was describing how the distribution of money behaves like the distribution of gas molecules at different temperatures and how the laws of thermal dynamics help predict the distribution. Interesting stuff.
http://bitsharestutorials.com A work in progress
Subscribe to the Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/BitsharesTutorials

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
There are too many BTS investors can't read or understand English. no matter how many times you explaining to them...

For BTS investors. you will be honored 100% of future banking &financing related DACs, which include bts x xi xii xiii..... plus other banking and financing related DACs. for example , If 3i copied the code of NXT or XCP. the 100% of new coins created will be distributed to BTS holders.
(why no reservation for DEV team ? because 3i own some bts as well, from your donated before feb 28. So we are on the same boat :)

3i is a long sight company, it will have more product which not only restricted in banking and financing field . such as 3i music, 3i insurance. For these non finaning related DACs , at least of 10% will be honored to PTS and AGS holders.

I find Chinese bts community become really upset today.  I ask for any reason, but nobody can explain to me.  i think 80% of this nonsense due to language barrier and 20% is because under education.

i give up to explain these to my Chinese people. they prefer screaming rather than thinking with their own brain.
+5 .. nice summary ..

I think there might be market manipulation ongoing in order to get hands on cheap XTS ... most FUD is/was created by newbies on the forum with accounts created the last few days ..

There is no market yet.
There is also no market manipulation at all! unless you hack a financal institute .. every other market manipulation happens in the minds of weak-handed .. steered by strong-handed ..
and this steering can be done well before a product is at place .. let's call it negative marketing.. however ,, negative PR seems to also we worth something!

If you guys continue with your FUD and I cannot stop weak-handed to sell their stake I can be happy with that because I can buy more! :)
However I cannot support market manipulation!

Ggozzo

+5 .. nice summary ..

There is no market yet.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
I agree with the number of brand new accounts and the fact that they are all negative but whats the point, you can't buy XTS yet........
But you can spread Fear such that on launch .. weak handed investors sell their stake low

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso

[/quote]
+5 .. nice summary ..

[/quote]