Author Topic: Clarifications about BTS X plan  (Read 11809 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
4) I3 will focus almost exclusively on XT for a long time. Anyone who launches the subsequent chains will honor XT and pull upgrades to XT onto their chains.
Don't get your panic ... Just read ..

Where do you think the other percents go to!?? /dev/null?? random addresses? WTF are you guys talking about?!??!

No-one EVER said that the initial distribution will be less than 100% ..

Could all these ****** newbies just shut up and read history, sticky posts and the whitepaper?!?
All this discussions are worth nothing and cost too much time!!!

Offline deer

• View Profile

And you still do  .. unless you sell your BitShares XT.
The key word is 100%.
If I have 1% xts before bitshare xt→bitshares x, but after the transformation, I only get 0.2% bts in bitshares x.
Does this possibility exist?
If things like this, I can accepet it only in one reason.The bitshares xt have become mature enough, the price of xts is enough to make the early investor get their cost back.

Agree.....still 1% or not?simple question,please.

Offline yinchanggong

• View Profile
    • 微博 引长弓Fate

The key word is 100%.
If I have 1% xts before bitshare xt→bitshares x, but after the transformation, I only get 0.2% bts in bitshares x.
Does this possibility exist?
If things like this, I can accepet it only in one reason.The bitshares xt have become mature enough, the price of xts is enough to make the early investor get their cost back.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 10:50:09 am by yinchanggong »
BTSX delegate: google.helloworld    microsoft.helloworld
BTSX Account:yinchg   Manager of BTSXCHINA Charity Fund
引长弓Fate 新浪微博

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
So the remaining question: How will the official DACs Bitshares X* honor XT ?  100% ? 80% ? 50% ? 20%? 10%?

Only with 100% would make everybody happy, I guess.
yea, we all think we invest in bitshares X. The bitshares xt just a temporary substitute.

Offline yinchanggong

• View Profile
    • 微博 引长弓Fate
So the remaining question: How will the official DACs Bitshares X* honor XT ?  100% ? 80% ? 50% ? 20%? 10%?

yea, we all think we invest in bitshares X. The bitshares xt just a temporary substitute.

I just want to know when bitshares xt→bitshares x,  100% new bts(in bitshares x) distribution to the owner of xts (in bitshares xt)?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 09:57:24 am by yinchanggong »
BTSX delegate: google.helloworld    microsoft.helloworld
BTSX Account:yinchg   Manager of BTSXCHINA Charity Fund
引长弓Fate 新浪微博

Offline muse-umum

• BitShares everything
    • View Profile

Offline emski

• View Profile
    • http://lnkd.in/nPbhxG

It's non of the devs issues to educate the people in a proper way .. its the task of the investor do research BEFORE investing

Anyway .. i see the community failing could and should do better in explaining BitShares ecosystem, BitShares XT and BitShares X to the masses.
However, once the community wrote sth. it's up the the people to READ it.

BTW. this forum has neat feature called 'search'

Though it is wise all the information investor needs to be systematic, conscious and easy to understand. This could be done even removing most of the details about the implementation and other stuff. Just state what problem is solved and how could one use the product. Make sure to include as little details as possible. Those who need technical details will find it anyway.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
At some point I am going to have to devote myself to the study of clarity among the masses of people that are half-paying attention.   1000's of options is a real mess, people say they want choices, but tend to choose Apple which is famous for removing choices.    People say they want freedom, but then choose tyranny to avoid having to think for themselves.

Understanding this is likely as important as economics and is something we have clearly not mastered.

One chain that upgrades over time is clearly the most simple approach you can have.

There is no lazy reader,just lazy writer.

I once guide a  little  ordinary girl in elementary school to install Linux and setup a remote power switch base on mobile phone network .

When you write something ,try to imagine your reader knows nothing about the subject.

And if you can't ? Just do not say anything , ask one of  your employee who knows to do that for you.
It's non of the devs issues to educate the people in a proper way .. its the task of the investor do research BEFORE investing

Anyway .. i see the community failing could and should do better in explaining BitShares ecosystem, BitShares XT and BitShares X to the masses.
However, once the community wrote sth. it's up the the people to READ it.

BTW. this forum has neat feature called 'search'

Offline betax

• View Profile
Fantastic I did not know about crosschain trading. So bitusd, bitgold is created in the "main" chain and later on will be used by all chains.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
.. and the name of XT will be "target"?!

Open to interpretation, I suppose. I'm naming it "XT".
Just want to avoid people calling it TESTING which it clearly is not!

Offline metalallen

• View Profile
At some point I am going to have to devote myself to the study of clarity among the masses of people that are half-paying attention.   1000's of options is a real mess, people say they want choices, but tend to choose Apple which is famous for removing choices.    People say they want freedom, but then choose tyranny to avoid having to think for themselves.

Understanding this is likely as important as economics and is something we have clearly not mastered.

One chain that upgrades over time is clearly the most simple approach you can have.

BM, don't be frustrated. Contradiction is human nature, especially related to money.
It's late now, have some rest, concentrate to the dryrun test.
A good product worth a Thousand Words.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 06:16:50 am by metalallen »
浮壹白的微博:http://weibo.com/u/2279693077
BTSX Account:metalallen

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai

Open to interpretation, I suppose. I'm naming it "XT".
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Toast,just try to tell your father\mother\brother\sister\classmate\etc....  this post ,and then ask them if they know exactly  what you're talking about with any confusions.

Then,you would understand why most of us still don't understand.......

Just like : I use Windows XP,sometimes I will use Windows NT4.0,then I switch to Win3.1,but now I'm back to Windows  XP SP3,oh,I have a Windows 7 64bit too.

Haha,Windows is good ,ah ,you guys should use windows .

People: Windows what now ? If I buy Win3.1,do I have Windows or not ?

:'(

I added this, is this better?

Explain like I'm 5 version:   XT is probably what you think BitShares X is. Buy XT, have decentralized exchange. No dilution.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH