Author Topic: Please, make something and stop thinking too much about the others  (Read 10048 times)

Offline jae208

• View Profile
"If You're Not Embarrassed By The First Version Of Your Product, You’ve Launched Too Late" -LinkedIn founder Reid Hoffman

Striving for perfection comes at a cost, sure you can take all the time in the world while you perfect your product and release it in 2016 but by then it is too late.

I share the same sentiment as the others, anxiously waiting. People probably wouldn't be all fussy if they at least had the ability to sell their AGS...
Maybe they can I just don't personally know how.
http://bitsharestutorials.com A work in progress
Subscribe to the Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/BitsharesTutorials

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!
Yep.

here's a guy with 2 posts and joined the forum less than 30 days ago:

chanlder
Re: What if 'official' Bitshares X* not 100% honor XT ?
« Reply #11 on: Today at 04:35:11 AM »

what 3I fucking doing? I will sell my pts,and the unborn XT.
I ONLY WANTO SAY"FUCK YOU!".
3I,farewell and go to hell.

and I'm to understand you think this is someone who has no interest in PTS or AGS, rather than someone who does in fact have an interest and is unhappy his expectations have now been mis-managed for months and months as the competing players make obvious progress while Invictus is still working on their core infrastructure layer?

Yeah.... It's those newbies causing the problems, you sure nailed the problem with invictus.
Email me at adam@letstalkbitcoin.com

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
There is far too much posting in the main threads by newly registered participants attempting to disrupt rather than contribute. The best way to keep this forum focused would be to have a 30 day waiting period where "newbies" are only allowed to post in a "newbie" thread.

If a newly registered poster has been a "long time lurker",  too bad. Because you might just be a sock puppet inculcating dissent. Or you are a hit and run investor hoping for "pump and dump" style profits and share not of the philosophical underpinnings of III.

Anyone who has been around this forum for months knows in their bones the utter integrity of the Bitshares team. You may not agree with all their decisions, but you know they are attempting to do the best they can for PTS and AGS holders and for the DAC ecosystem.

Some people have a need to tear things down rather than build things up. I personally don't understand that attitude, but hey, it takes all kinds. But it seems to me unwise to allow such people into the main threads until they have at least shown enough persistence to sit through a 30 day waiting period. Most will just gravitate to go on to badmouth other forums where little determination or creativity, and zero positive contribution, is required rather than undergo a 30 day period of learning and reflection.

Totally agree with the last two paragraphs.

The Bitshares team is the most idealistic and trustworthy team I know in the space.... I think it is because BM attracts only people that want to also want to work on changing the world....

I also always wondered about the people that have an inherent tendency to tear things down.... They are not productive for them selves. Be friendly to them and they will convert sometimes :)

But I don't agree with excluding people that newly register here from the discussion. Think about what that would communicate: The Bitshares community is a closed group of people that shelter themselves from everyone else (and don't want to share the success). Making more people understand the basics of the Bitshares concept: AGS / the toolkit / DPOS / DACs is one of the most important assets. It is an important reasons to honor AGS / PTS...

Offline amencon

• View Profile
There is far too much posting in the main threads by newly registered participants attempting to disrupt rather than contribute. The best way to keep this forum focused would be to have a 30 day waiting period where "newbies" are only allowed to post in a "newbie" thread.

If a newly registered poster has been a "long time lurker",  too bad. Because you might just be a sock puppet inculcating dissent. Or you are a hit and run investor hoping for "pump and dump" style profits and share not of the philosophical underpinnings of III.

Anyone who has been around this forum for months knows in their bones the utter integrity of the Bitshares team. You may not agree with all their decisions, but you know they are attempting to do the best they can for PTS and AGS holders and for the DAC ecosystem.

Some people have a need to tear things down rather than build things up. I personally don't understand that attitude, but hey, it takes all kinds. But it seems to me unwise to allow such people into the main threads until they have at least shown enough persistence to sit through a 30 day waiting period. Most will just gravitate to go on to badmouth other forums where little determination or creativity, and zero positive contribution, is required rather than undergo a 30 day period of learning and reflection.
I strongly disagree with this.  I'd be very surprised if "newbie" posts have hindered development progress by much if at all.  I don't think implementing something like this would have much upside for the cost of alienating and introducing large barriers of entry to new interested potential users or investors.

If a new user is spamming then they should be moderated or banned.  Blocking out posters because you might not like what some of them have to say seems like a terrible way to go about things.  If this waiting period was in place when I first joined the forums, it would have been a huge turn-off to me.

I haven't ever seen BM or other core developers really devolve into any kind of a grossly unproductive battle with any unfavorable comments leveled at them.  While technically every second spent on the forums could be instead used for coding, you can't expect them to code 24/7.  Often times you need to stretch your brain and let your subconscious work on problems in the background.

More than ever I see progress and I think it's just a matter of time staying the course until we see some usable products, then everyone can use all that pent up energy and frustration on marketing the hell out of whatever is produced.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Just as a reminder .. BitCoinTalk allows to post everywhere if you have 40+ posts made in the newbie section

Offline onceuponatime

Yep.

here's a guy with 2 posts and joined the forum less than 30 days ago:

chanlder
Re: What if 'official' Bitshares X* not 100% honor XT ?
« Reply #11 on: Today at 04:35:11 AM »

what 3I fucking doing? I will sell my pts,and the unborn XT.
I ONLY WANTO SAY"FUCK YOU!".
3I,farewell and go to hell.

Offline yellowecho

no products for over half a year. even a stable wallet?  a stable wallet without any market function!  Everytime when i think of this, i feel i am gonna cry.

??? ::)
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline tianshi

• View Profile

Thank you for your genius speech ~ but actually some newbies are not real newbies, they may have been on this forum for long time like me.  i don't feel dissapointed since the first day i was with 3I. i have waited for over half a year and gradually lose some of the confidence (not all, but some, about 50% )     :)

i think BM works so hard, and he might be a very talented man, and i think BM is very nice person.  most team members seem to be good.

but it also seems that by now, 3I is not very successful and did not do a very good job that satisfy most people because you can see it through the AGS donation situation and the PTS price.

in recent months,  darkcoin,nxt, blackcoin , bitcoin price perform well, and that means most people satisfy about them
however, 3I is not good enough.

sometimes, Chinese people may express their love to someone by critizing them.

as an Chinese saying gose "scold is love"

Sorry, I did not express myself well enough because I was not referring to you. Your posting is very polite and expresses your concern without being too negative.

What I was trying to call attention to is the large number of newbies who on the first day they register and in their first post are expressing very negative opinions on different threads. I was hoping that these people could be held to posting only in the "newbie" section until they have been registered for 30 days because they are causing unnecessary FUD and dissension in the threads.

Some others have stated the opinion that this negativity may be deliberate to drive down the price of PTS just before the launching of the first DAC in order to buy in cheap now and then sell for a quick profit if prices skyrocket upon the pending release. And this is indeed a possiblity.

Is there any harm to confining a newcomer to posting only in the "newbie" section for 30 days while they read the history and become familiar with developments? If they are not sock puppets or manipulators deliberately spreading FUD, and they are indeed new to this forum, this will give them a chance to research and then speak from a greater knowledge base.

I think you are right about newbie part.

And i am quite worried about 3I right now. really worried. it seems that the perfectionism and low excution ability of this team may ruin the whole thing.

no products for over half a year. even a stable wallet?  a stable wallet without any market function!  Everytime when i think of this, i feel i am gonna cry.

And the whole team are still thinking about too many ideas which have no relation about releasing the first functional product- BTS XT.

That's why so many people are overacted yesterday.

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!
Email me at adam@letstalkbitcoin.com

Offline onceuponatime

Thank you for your genius speech ~ but actually some newbies are not real newbies, they may have been on this forum for long time like me.  i don't feel dissapointed since the first day i was with 3I. i have waited for over half a year and gradually lose some of the confidence (not all, but some, about 50% )     :)

i think BM works so hard, and he might be a very talented man, and i think BM is very nice person.  most team members seem to be good.

but it also seems that by now, 3I is not very successful and did not do a very good job that satisfy most people because you can see it through the AGS donation situation and the PTS price.

in recent months,  darkcoin,nxt, blackcoin , bitcoin price perform well, and that means most people satisfy about them

Sorry, I did not express myself well enough because I was not referring to you. Your posting is very polite and expresses your concern without being too negative.

What I was trying to call attention to is the large number of newbies who on the first day they register and in their first post are expressing very negative opinions on different threads. I was hoping that these people could be held to posting only in the "newbie" section until they have been registered for 30 days because they are causing unnecessary FUD and dissension in the threads.

Some others have stated the opinion that this negativity may be deliberate to drive down the price of PTS just before the launching of the first DAC in order to buy in cheap now and then sell for a quick profit if prices skyrocket upon the pending release. And this is indeed a possiblity.

Is there any harm to confining a newcomer to posting only in the "newbie" section for 30 days while they read the history and become familiar with developments? If they are not sock puppets or manipulators deliberately spreading FUD, and they are indeed new to this forum, this will give them a chance to research and then speak from a greater knowledge base.

Offline jae208

• View Profile
They say the truth hurts and from my point of view getting rid of Charles Hoskinson looks to have been a bad business decision.

Why?

Well, let's start with the fact that by many metrics the I3 team is doing phenomenal when compared to the Ethereum team but despite this you hear nothing about Bitshares or how great it will be out in the media. Then you look at Ethereum and everybody is all excited about  "Turing complete" and everyone drools in admiration. I don't think they have even raised funds yet either.

At any rate, I think we're all just anxious about the success of Bitshares and unfortunately even if you have lost confidence there is nothing you can do other than wait it out if you vested exclusively in AGS.
http://bitsharestutorials.com A work in progress
Subscribe to the Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/BitsharesTutorials

Offline betax

• View Profile
I would not worry, looking at the code the progress that has been made is really good. Once the main core framework is ready, the creation of DACs will be "rather" easy, but to do so you need a solid framework (toolkit) which is what has been happening up until now, this is not just a wallet. Getting the main framework right cannot be done by adding lots of extra resource, so the expenditure / resources should be minimum at this part, but once is ready and it allows to do so, more resources can be added. We have already experienced this by seeing the addition to the team Toast or Hackfisher.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline tianshi

• View Profile

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
And I just heard that even Darkcoin has released a new wallet version and BitID can be tradeable.

feel so dissapointed~
LOL

That is exactly what I thought for the real reason behind recent price climb of darkcoin which has nothing to do with the coin.
People just skrew themselves by mixing things up!

In short:

DarkWallet IS NOT releated to darkcoin!!!

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/28uk9n/darkwallet_alpha_5_release_introducing_bitid/

EDIT: thinking about it just hurts!