Author Topic: What if 'official' Bitshares X* not 100% honor XT ?  (Read 4231 times)

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

Why not now? XT is about to be released. It's time for everybody to decide to leave or to go.
Good point!

Destructive ? I even put Supportive in the first place.
I am just pissed by all this FUD recently posted on this board by newbies (not you, of course)
I didn't mean to be rude or unpolite .. I'm just sometimes frustrated how people behave in here .. do not read, ask dumb already answered questions and spread FUD because they just *don't get it*

Thank you for voting. I voted for fighting and forking.
And that's what Stan/BM and the others of I3 mean by 10 robotic laws ...

Forking is good ... pls do so .. will help clear things up and let the market decide!
+5%

couldn't say it better! And just want to say it again! Same problem here on my side ... even having problems with language barrier .. but that's at this point my problem, i guess! But this was clear to my from scratch, so why i should complain about that...  I just could say ... sometimes the last months i got same frustating feelings...but then decided to contribute much as i can and help ecosystem with the skills i could contribute instead of just being annoyed!  What i can say is, since last 3-4 weeks dev team have a very fast pace forward ... outstanding how dev team working together currently! My 2 BTS...

Maybe it would be great for chinese devision to translate *White Paper* into native language ... just an idea .. IDK if this was just done in past!
Each new crypto is just as strong as the community behind ... let's come together again ...
Fork it baby  +5%

*hopefully understandable in spite of my poor english*
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
I'm laughing at this pathetic poll and thread. Hang in there, people, we're seeing some major progress and will have some products in the very near future. FYI, here's what happens to anyone who tries to fork X. We'll just call you "Chicken DAC":

LOL
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline 天籁

• View Profile
I think that casting the quoted point into concrete is the first important thing in the long process of construction of the BitShares ecosystem! Which is the main reason people invest XT.
Thus the primary vehicle for investing in future BitShares X chains will be to own BitShares XT.... likewise, chains that are variants of BitShares XI or XV should honor their parent with 100% stake.     

Actually I recognised these quoted words in the Roadmap thread. I am just not sure whether they are still in effect after 4 months' time. History has told us the startups like 3I are always changing everything, one good example is the birth of AGS. With this poll I also want to remind 3I that investors don't like changes before they get their investment back.
I think the quote is worth nothing currently as we still are several months away from chains that emerge from daughter chains of BitSharesXT ..
But the idea is basically that you have an initial distribution of stake and honor investors that have invested in the mother-chain. Same thing as XT->X

Offline 天籁

• View Profile
"I think the quote is worth nothing currently as we still are several months away from chains that emerge from daughter chains of BitSharesXT."

I think that casting the quoted point into concrete is the first important thing in the long process of construction of the BitShares ecosystem! Which is the main reason people invest XT.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
I'm laughing at this pathetic poll and thread. Hang in there, people, we're seeing some major progress and will have some products in the very near future. FYI, here's what happens to anyone who tries to fork X. We'll just call you "Chicken DAC":

« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 07:11:18 am by donkeypong »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
what 3I fucking doing? I will sell my pts,and the unborn XT.
I ONLY WANTO SAY"FUCK YOU!".
3I,farewell and go to hell.
Don't give up .. educate your self ... learn how to read github commits and don't do f***** read the netiquette!

Offline Musewhale

• 丑,实在是太丑了 !
    • View Profile
3I accepted our donation
They can't always use the fork to reply us
We need them to unite all the people, as far as possible to reach a consensus
Instead of fork fork fork fork fork fork fork
If I like fork, Why do I need a donation?

fucking fork,  I don't want to hear any more.

MUSE witness:mygoodfriend     vote for me

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Thus the primary vehicle for investing in future BitShares X chains will be to own BitShares XT.... likewise, chains that are variants of BitShares XI or XV should honor their parent with 100% stake.     

Actually I recognised these quoted words in the Roadmap thread. I am just not sure whether they are still in effect after 4 months' time. History has told us the startups like 3I are always changing everything, one good example is the birth of AGS. With this poll I also want to remind 3I that investors don't like changes before they get their investment back.
I think the quote is worth nothing currently as we still are several months away from chains that emerge from daughter chains of BitSharesXT ..
But the idea is basically that you have an initial distribution of stake and honor investors that have invested in the mother-chain. Same thing as XT->X

If this poll makes you uncomfortable, I can have it deleted.
Not so much .. it's just a very offensive (and not so constructive) way to raise concerns.

Offline muse-umum

• BitShares everything
    • View Profile
@xeroc

If this poll makes you uncomfortable, I can have it deleted.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 12:24:35 pm by heyD »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
I want to distinguish them from the third-party-launched DACs which also fork XT or X*.
I3 just cannot tell third-parties which chain to honor .. but the social consesus tells them to use PTS/AGS.
BitShares XT should (is supposed to) be only target to BitSharesX family chains!

I also believe BM will not turn against them. But he needs to convince us like what he used to do.
Give him time to code, breath and then if there's time let him convince investors for his plans ...
investors should investigate themselves and for sure should discuss and give constructive feedback.

Why not now? XT is about to be released. It's time for everybody to decide to leave or to go.
Good point!

I am just pissed by all this FUD recently posted on this board by newbies (not you, of course)
I didn't mean to be rude or unpolite .. I'm just sometimes frustrated how people behave in here .. do not read, ask dumb already answered questions and spread FUD because they just *don't get it*

And that's what Stan/BM and the others of I3 mean by 10 robotic laws ...

Forking is good ... pls do so .. will help clear things up and let the market decide!
+5%

Offline muse-umum

• BitShares everything
    • View Profile
That's sth that was made very clear in the initial white paper!

My fault for my poor English and memory.

Can you link to a definite post where sth different is stated by one of the devs?!?

I want to distinguish them from the third-party-launched DACs which also fork XT or X*.

I am not so sure if the community is the right to ask.

Community is not the right to ask  ? ? ?    :'( :'( :'(

Also .. he made a commitment to increase shareholders value .. I will not and cannot believe BM will turn against them .. period!

I also believe BM will not turn against them. But he needs to convince us like what he used to do if they don't make it 100%.

Plus: Why discuss this now .. in this way .. a destructive vote like this just doesn't help ..

Why not now? XT is about to be released. It's time for everybody to decide to leave or to stay.

BM stated that all he says in the links threads are proposals we should discuss about because we can!

So we are discussing.

I voted for "doesn't matter"

« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 11:53:11 am by heyD »

Offline hello_bts

• View Profile
    • 新浪微博:你这是在逗我笑
+6 posts newbie account falling for FUD .. blame themselves
[/quote]

yes, I am new here ,my english is not good .But many people like me have been very disappointed to them. to 3i.  i just want BM know that.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
They are very irresponsible, I won't support them any more。
+6 posts newbie account falling for FUD .. blame themselves

Offline hello_bts

• View Profile
    • 新浪微博:你这是在逗我笑
They are very irresponsible, I won't support them any more。

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Thanks to toast's clarifications I realize there will be several Bitshares X* in the future rather than one monolithic chain.
That's sth that was made very clear in the initial white paper!

For me, the only question that remains now is how will the 'official'  Bitshares X* honor XT ?  'Official'  means the X* created by 3I or the Bitshares  dev team.
Can you link to a definite post where sth different is stated by one of the devs?!?

I would like to see what our COMMUNITY think if the 'official'  Bitshares X* doesn't 100% honor XT .
I am not so sure if the community is the right to ask. As was proven several times now .. BM has lots more insights and future perspective as most of the community (me included)

Also .. he made a commitment to increase shareholders value .. I will not and cannot believe BM will turn against them .. period!

Plus: Why discuss this now .. in this way .. a destructive vote like this just doesn't help ..
BM stated that all he says in the links threads are proposals we should discuss about because we can!

Devs should focus on coding, testnet and launch .. nothing else .. all this FUD is just destructive ...

I voted for "doesn't matter"

Offline yinchanggong

• View Profile
    • 微博 引长弓Fate
If I have 1% xts before bitshare xt→bitshares x, but after the transformation, I only get 0.2% bts in bitshares x.
Does this possibility exist?
If things like this, I can accepet it only in one reason.The bitshares xt have become mature enough, the price of xts is enough to make the early investor get their cost back.
BTSX delegate: google.helloworld    microsoft.helloworld
BTSX Account:yinchg   Manager of BTSXCHINA Charity Fund
引长弓Fate 新浪微博

Offline muse-umum

• BitShares everything
    • View Profile
Tough Sunday, aha ?

Thanks to toast's clarifications I realize there will be several Bitshares X* in the future rather than one monolithic chain. For me, the only question that remains now is how will the 'official'  Bitshares X* honor XT ?  'Official'  means the X* created by 3I or the Bitshares  dev team.

I would like to see what our COMMUNITY think if the 'official'  Bitshares X* doesn't 100% honor XT .

Vote !

多亏了toast的帖子,我才意识到将来的 Bitshares X 不是一条单链,而是由多条链组成。详情请看toast的原帖以及我的简单翻译。

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=5220.0
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=5224.0

对于我来说,唯一的疑问是3I或者说现在Bitshares开发团队发布的X* (*代表所有带比特资产的DAC)是否100%地给予XTS持有者股份?他们没有给明确的说法。我想知道我们社区如何看待 “如果官方发布的X*不是100%地给予XTS持有者股份” 这件事情。

投票吧。

这里是英文板块,回帖时尽量用英语吧。
大家一定要注意文明,据理力争,不要把论坛当情绪垃圾桶。

« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 11:08:33 am by heyD »