Author Topic: NEM part VII  (Read 2066 times)

Offline Mrrr

• View Profile
well i have been thinking about NEM...I think that if you are onto Nxt, NEM is a good diversification. I have personally split my small NXT holdings between NEM and NXT now...

I believe that NEM will reach 1/2 market cap of NXT once it is out there...So Assuming NXT remains stable @ $70 mil I estimate NEM to reach at least $30 mil.

21k Nxt @ 1 stake= $1,470 = 1,000,000 NEM coins ==> NEM market cap $5,880,000

What I am afraid is that both NXT and NEM fail eventually and crash because devs might cash out in the next bitcoin run. Or both crashes because bitcoin crashes..

That is why I trust more I3 DACs that are made to make profits for the shareholders instead of speculating on simple coins that depend purely on what the major stakeholders will do..

I'm a bit worried about the NXT state of mind though. Say 'greedy' and I say MSC, say 'greedy' again and I'll say NXT. NXT will, in the long run, not make it because of the larger part of the 73 always hoping for even more money.

NEM will fix that, BTS will fix that, other coins will fix that.

Since, as the original OP stated, mining is indeed inherently flawed and we are already experiencing the first effects of that flaw, BTC will eventually adapt or be overtaken. I hope it won't be NXT, NTX, NFD, NEM, BTS or QORA. I hope we are still at the very beginning :)

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
well i have been thinking about NEM...I think that if you are onto Nxt, NEM is a good diversification. I have personally split my small NXT holdings between NEM and NXT now...

I believe that NEM will reach 1/2 market cap of NXT once it is out there...So Assuming NXT remains stable @ $70 mil I estimate NEM to reach at least $30 mil.

21k Nxt @ 1 stake= $1,470 = 1,000,000 NEM coins ==> NEM market cap $5,880,000

What I am afraid is that both NXT and NEM fail eventually and crash because devs might cash out in the next bitcoin run. Or both crashes because bitcoin crashes..

That is why I trust more I3 DACs that are made to make profits for the shareholders instead of speculating on simple coins that depend purely on what the major stakeholders will do..

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
 I bought a small stake the next few days! (about 21K NXT)

« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 09:30:44 pm by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline Mrrr

• View Profile
So you survived UF departure...

Heh. Nice catch. Yes I did. So did everyone else it seems. Was a Lewinksy rather than a Watergate :) Still a back stab of course, and I didn't see it coming, sorry for that. But on the upside: yes I did rally for UF, and everyone who bought a NEM stake after that is now ~40% up. Scandal or no scandal. Hope st. Peter got the AE bookmarked.

Any OT comments? :)

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
So you survived UF departure...
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline Mrrr

• View Profile
Ok ok you guys win. Any thoughts? :)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 09:06:23 pm by Mrrr »