Author Topic: Shall we rename "XT" to "X" once it is upgraded to avoid confusion?  (Read 4228 times)

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Or drop the T right away and announce ‘We have decided to remove All assets, this is it enjoy’ , this will serve better my new plans  :)
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Oh yhea ..
 +5%

But make it more obvious and make clear its NOT a TEST! Unless you want to manipule market for cheap BTSX ;)

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Seems like people like having one "main" chain. Once XT is upgraded we can call it "BitShares X" for everyone to be able to rally around, since having a family of chains called "bitshares X" is apparently too abstract to handle. This one will have a small number of BitAssets and also normal user-issued assets.

Of course there will still be a family of chains as was always the plan, and I guess we can call it "The BTS X family". "BitShares X" won't trade altcoins or fiat (besides USD), those will be "XC" "XF", etc. All snapshots from bitshares X with 100% initial allocation.

Would this add or remove confusion?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 06:36:50 pm by toast »
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.