Author Topic: 我对于Bitshares领导团队现阶段的建议和要求  (Read 39486 times)

Offline mtang

• BTSX id:mtang
    • View Profile
Stan, thank you again for the inspiring words.
But, technically, you didn't answer James' questions directly:
4. In case of the failure of the entire BitShares project, is there a Plan B? Put aside your 40 years of R&D experiences in the aerospace industry, it is unrealistic to slay all the dragons, especially in the crypto industry.

Our plan is Massively Redundant.

We have multiple DAC families in the works each of which will spawn multiple DACs.  We have multiple independent third parties making their own decisions about how to develop and promote their DAC.  If any of those teams gets into trouble, other teams can pick up the torch and carry on.  Every single failure mode we can think of is covered, including the banning of a DAC in some jurisdiction where it can quickly pop up again in some other jurisdiction.  Invictus is, even at this point, not necessary for all this to succeed.  And we are deliberately arranging it so that we are less and less critical over time.

On top of all that redundant backup to our own efforts, I am certain that the team we have in place can slay any dragon in the crypto industry if it can be slain.  We do not need to slay every dragon, just those unfortunate enough to get in our way. 

For this speech, I will donate 10 more PTS for AGS ;D
BTSX:wallet_approve_delegate btsx.outofcontrol true
DNS :wallet_account_set_approval mtang true
感谢给我们的受托人团队“失控”btsx.outofcontro以及she.bitrose投票。请关注FUND数字资产运作计划//立足兢兢业业的standby delegate//weibo ID:汤O包

Offline mmlmmlmml

• View Profile
虽然有延期,这个做的是全新的东西,比如30秒一次性确认,而且要保证不分叉,这个难度非常高的,要不然中本聪的比特币就不会设置为10分钟和6个确认。创新不容易,支持3i,3i加油。还是希望bm继续在社区讨论,事情是越讨论越清楚的。

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Stan, thank you again for the inspiring words.
But, technically, you didn't answer James' questions directly:
4. In case of the failure of the entire BitShares project, is there a Plan B? Put aside your 40 years of R&D experiences in the aerospace industry, it is unrealistic to slay all the dragons, especially in the crypto industry.

Our plan is Massively Redundant.

We have multiple DAC families in the works each of which will spawn multiple DACs.  We have multiple independent third parties making their own decisions about how to develop and promote their DAC.  If any of those teams gets into trouble, other teams can pick up the torch and carry on.  Every single failure mode we can think of is covered, including the banning of a DAC in some jurisdiction where it can quickly pop up again in some other jurisdiction.  Invictus is, even at this point, not necessary for all this to succeed.  And we are deliberately arranging it so that we are less and less critical over time.

On top of all that redundant backup to our own efforts, I am certain that the team we have in place can slay any dragon in the crypto industry if it can be slain.  We do not need to slay every dragon, just those unfortunate enough to get in our way. 

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline 当年很厉害

• View Profile
BTS粉里有SB!

Offline 天籁

• View Profile
The only unknown is how many dragons we have left to slay.  We have no doubt that we can slay them.
+5%

Offline viktor_pan

• View Profile
我看到了stan的回复,我觉得如果我不是生活在中国的话,也许看到这些话会非常激动,很可惜,我生活在一个充斥着表决心和画未来的国度,所以我还是希望stan能够正面回答我的问题,而不是和我们阐述也许会有也许永远不会有的未来。

1. BM能否集中精力在开发,而不是在论坛回复,你们有没有能力管住他,还是公司没有任何人或者机制可以限制他在论坛上无休止的回帖。
2. BM时间是否充足到可以每天在论坛上发帖,而项目不需要他太多的精力?
3. Bitshares项目什么时候可以出来,有没有具体的时间节点和deadline? 在您40年的开发经验中,是否项目管理都是没有时间限制的?
4. 在什么情况下我们可以认为项目开发已经失败或者失控?如果一旦发生,你们有没有后备计划?

请Stan正面回答我的问题,而不是继续说一些纯粹鼓舞的话,谢谢。

I very glad to see the Stan's answer, if i dont live in china, maybe i will so exciting to hear that. but so sorry, i'm living in china, we can hear this sentence everyday, so, i hope stan you can answer me question directly, not just draw great picture for us.

1. can BM focus on developing,  don't waste too many time on reply posts. can you or 3I can control his reply, dont let him answer question too far, or he is out of control?
2. does BM have enough time to answer the question, you say he have so many time on developing, but we can see he put more time on forum
3. when bitshares will be seen a stable version? can you give me timetable  or deadline? you said you have 40 years experience on R&D, is your project management all never have any timetable?
4. which situation we can consider that project is failure or out of control? when it happened, do you have any plan B?

sorry about me poor english , please answer me question directly first, thank you.

These are excellent (and fun) questions, so I will try to answer them.

1. can BM focus on developing,  don't waste too many time on reply posts. can you or 3I can control his reply, dont let him answer question too far, or he is out of control?

BM has developed the discipline to occasionally go several hours at a time without looking at the forum.  He has attempted to clear his schedule of all activities except development and manages to squeeze about 6 hours of personal coding and 6 hours of working with individual engineers on their specific assignments.  These twelve hours are spread across a typical 16 hour day, leaving him four hours every day for other mentally stimulating tasks to be mixed in as rejuvenating breaks (often while his code is compiling).  That leaves him about 8 hours for sleeping and other important biological functions.

2. does BM have enough time to answer the question, you say he have so many time on developing, but we can see he put more time on forum.

Time on the forum is used as a rejuvenation break or a background task while compiling or running a test.  It is his way of "staying in touch with the street"  Eliminating this time would actually reduce his productivity.

3. when bitshares will be seen a stable version? can you give me timetable  or deadline? you said you have 40 years experience on R&D, is your project management all never have any timetable?

I think we are very close, judging from the most recent test results on the forum. Today I noticed this encouraging quote:

very stable up now.
thank you, I3 team. 

As for making timetables, I have done hundreds in my career.  Their utility varies with project type. 

If you are running a repeatable assembly line process, like building a row of identical houses, then you can get very good schedules.  But even these are subject to uncontrollable events like weather, worker accidents, supplier delays etc. 

If your project is making something new, like a more advanced aircraft, then you have to find whatever aircraft is most like it and look at historical data from its development and extrapolate based on an estimate of where the new invention risks are.  Generally, such programs are given a cookie cutter schedule with generic milestones like System Requirements Review (SRR), Preliminary Design Review (PDR), Critical Design Review (CDR) and Test Readiness Review (TRR).  These are spread out over several years so there will be plenty of time to find and fix problems.  On big programs there will often be parallel risk reduction efforts that work on developing technology long before it is needed.

As you move up in risk toward Research and Development projects that are specifically intended to break new ground, the schedule is usually determined arbitrarily by the sponsor based other considerations like budgetary cycles.  Here the task is to make as much progress as possible with a given budget of time and money.  So the manager's task becomes one variable deliveries within a fixed budget.

In our case, we are developing something that has never been done before with a team that has never worked together before.  There is no historical data from which to make an estimate and there is no specified deadline other than "as soon as humanly possible."  We do have considerable flexibility in defining our own requirements but in the end, we need to deploy mission critical software that must be trusted with Other People's Money (OPM).  We try to minimize the time and money necessary by determining the requirements for a Minimum Viable Product (MVP) one that is good enough to attract permanent customers without immediately being cloned by a competitor who adds the one killer feature we thought we could safely leave out.  We have spent much time on this forum in January and February trying to assess what would constitute a MVP.  Our general strategy was to release a user friendly product (UFP) by early summer and then we took a shot at releasing an MVP in early spring.

Discovery of new vectors of attack caused us to go back to the drawing board and invent DPOS.  This took us 10 extra weeks that we didn't know we would need until the attack vectors were discovered.  In a 30 to 60 month development program, you can add contingencies to your plan to allow for unanticipated problems and if you are very lucky, your schedule doesn't slip.

But when you are trying to get a mission critical product out as soon as humanly possible, there is no padding you can add to the schedule.  You work as fast as you can and as hard as you can and you never ever ever let anyone pressure you to release the software prematurely.    People's fortunes are at stake.  You must not fail them.

4. which situation we can consider that project is failure or out of control? when it happened, do you have any plan B?

Everyone here has witnessed how we deal with failure.  We find a solution and move on.  We have actually gone through perhaps a dozen "failures" since we launched PTS.  Failures don't scare us.  Failures cause breakthroughs!  Thomas Edison once said, "I have not failed a thousand times, I have successfully discovered a thousand ways NOT to make a light bulb." 

The only unknown is how many dragons we have left to slay.  We have no doubt that we can slay them.

+5% +5% +5%

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
我看到了stan的回复,我觉得如果我不是生活在中国的话,也许看到这些话会非常激动,很可惜,我生活在一个充斥着表决心和画未来的国度,所以我还是希望stan能够正面回答我的问题,而不是和我们阐述也许会有也许永远不会有的未来。

I very glad to see the Stan's answer, if i dont live in china, maybe i will so exciting to hear that. but so sorry, i'm living in china, we can hear this sentence everyday, so, i hope stan you can answer me question directly, not just draw great picture for us.

2. does BM have enough time to answer the question, you say he have so many time on developing, but we can see he put more time on forum

sorry about me poor english , please answer me question directly first, thank you.

These are excellent (and fun) questions, so I will try to answer them.

BM has developed the discipline to occasionally go several hours at a time without looking at the forum.  He has attempted to clear his schedule of all activities except development and manages to squeeze about 6 hours of personal coding and 6 hours of working with individual engineers on their specific assignments.  These twelve hours are spread across a typical 16 hour day, leaving him four hours every day for other mentally stimulating tasks to be mixed in as rejuvenating breaks (often while his code is compiling).  That leaves him about 8 hours for sleeping and other important biological functions.

2. does BM have enough time to answer the question, you say he have so many time on developing, but we can see he put more time on forum.

Time on the forum is used as a rejuvenation break or a background task while compiling or running a test.  It is his way of "staying in touch with the street"  Eliminating this time would actually reduce his productivity.

I think we are very close, judging from the most recent test results on the forum. Today I noticed this encouraging quote:

very stable up now.
thank you, I3 team. 

As for making timetables, I have done hundreds in my career.  Their utility varies with project type. 

If you are running a repeatable assembly line process, like building a row of identical houses, then you can get very good schedules.  But even these are subject to uncontrollable events like weather, worker accidents, supplier delays etc. 

If your project is making something new, like a more advanced aircraft, then you have to find whatever aircraft is most like it and look at historical data from its development and extrapolate based on an estimate of where the new invention risks are.  Generally, such programs are given a cookie cutter schedule with generic milestones like System Requirements Review (SRR), Preliminary Design Review (PDR), Critical Design Review (CDR) and Test Readiness Review (TRR).  These are spread out over several years so there will be plenty of time to find and fix problems.  On big programs there will often be parallel risk reduction efforts that work on developing technology long before it is needed.

As you move up in risk toward Research and Development projects that are specifically intended to break new ground, the schedule is usually determined arbitrarily by the sponsor based other considerations like budgetary cycles.  Here the task is to make as much progress as possible with a given budget of time and money.  So the manager's task becomes one variable deliveries within a fixed budget.

In our case, we are developing something that has never been done before with a team that has never worked together before.  There is no historical data from which to make an estimate and there is no specified deadline other than "as soon as humanly possible."  We do have considerable flexibility in defining our own requirements but in the end, we need to deploy mission critical software that must be trusted with Other People's Money (OPM).  We try to minimize the time and money necessary by determining the requirements for a Minimum Viable Product (MVP) one that is good enough to attract permanent customers without immediately being cloned by a competitor who adds the one killer feature we thought we could safely leave out.  We have spent much time on this forum in January and February trying to assess what would constitute a MVP.  Our general strategy was to release a user friendly product (UFP) by early summer and then we took a shot at releasing an MVP in early spring.

Discovery of new vectors of attack caused us to go back to the drawing board and invent DPOS.  This took us 10 extra weeks that we didn't know we would need until the attack vectors were discovered.  In a 30 to 60 month development program, you can add contingencies to your plan to allow for unanticipated problems and if you are very lucky, your schedule doesn't slip.

But when you are trying to get a mission critical product out as soon as humanly possible, there is no padding you can add to the schedule.  You work as fast as you can and as hard as you can and you never ever ever let anyone pressure you to release the software prematurely.    People's fortunes are at stake.  You must not fail them.

Everyone here has witnessed how we deal with failure.  We find a solution and move on.  We have actually gone through perhaps a dozen "failures" since we launched PTS.  Failures don't scare us.  Failures cause breakthroughs!  Thomas Edison once said, "I have not failed a thousand times, I have successfully discovered a thousand ways NOT to make a light bulb." 

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline zhao150

• 老子早就不想当代表了
    • View Profile
亲王说的才好,有理有据。BM是需要敲打的,都什么时候了。他还搞幺蛾子,不敲打他,才危险。
老子早就不想当代表了

Offline hero

• View Profile

如果bm一开始就是像你说的这样工作,相信就不会有今天的dpos了。dan说bm通过在论坛交流思考获得灵感,我很赞同。我很希望bm能继续在论坛交流自己的想法,不要影响开发就可以。
我不明白为什么在这个时刻拿bm的工作方式和开发效率说事?最近这段时间的开发节奏很好,效率也很高。

来自我的 HUAWEI P7-L00 上的 Tapatalk
还是alt说得好

来自我的 Nexus 5 上的 Tapatalk

Offline eureka

• NeT FRee GeeK
    • View Profile
    • DAC
  • BitShares: e
https://bitshares.dacplay.org/?r=e
去中心化是一场革命http://dac.xyz

Offline Yao

• View Profile
  • BitShares: yao
  • GitHub: imYao

如果bm一开始就是像你说的这样工作,相信就不会有今天的dpos了。dan说bm通过在论坛交流思考获得灵感,我很赞同。我很希望bm能继续在论坛交流自己的想法,不要影响开发就可以。

我认为假设意图限制BM的交流的话,应该仅限于涉及到3I名节、发展路线、投资人权益等经济利益方面,希望他能在3I内部充分沟通之后再提出到论坛,避免引起不必要的波澜
至于BM逛论坛的时间以及讨论技术问题,我觉得完全没必要管人家
+5%

Offline Musewhale

• 丑,实在是太丑了 !
    • View Profile

我认为假设意图限制BM的交流的话,应该仅限于涉及到3I名节、发展路线、投资人权益等经济利益方面,希望他能在3I内部充分沟通之后再提出到论坛,避免引起不必要的波澜
至于BM逛论坛的时间以及讨论技术问题,我觉得完全没必要管人家
MUSE witness:mygoodfriend     vote for me

Offline Musewhale

• 丑,实在是太丑了 !
    • View Profile

We Chinese are the most important supporters of 3I.
Donating a  lot of BTC and PTS for Bitshares,wating for such a long time , we still can't see the result we want!
How can we trust your ability!?
If the product can't come out ,We will use the law to protect our right or .....another ways you know :)
We are not weak ,just stop treating us like poor guys who can't do anything. Alright? :D
             My English is so poor,if you have seen this article,please reply it for our benefit.

The forum is full of two kinds of posts:
  • Those who are happily testing the software which becomes more polished every day.
  • Those who are very angry for reasons we can't understand.
We see that all this evidence of success is not making it through to our Chinese friends.  If it was, how could you be angry?

We are very proud of our progress and it's all plainly visible for anyone to see.
Where is all of this fear, uncertainty and doubt coming from?

I wonder if someone is sending you misinformation?

Stan,

I have some words to say.

1. i think 3I are pushing forward the development of the BTS-XT for these days and there have been some progresses recently.

2. chinese people made some contributions: they have invested a lot of money. many people do not understand programming and they even do not know much about English, so they cannot make too much contribution about programming or even the test. but they invest their money and trust. it is important because that is why 3I could have the opportunity to try their so many crazy or maybe genius ideas and do not need to worry failure because a lot of investors would pay the bill.

3. i know anger and complain are useless, people should shut their month up and let the team focus on the development.
but i understand their emotion. I also feel anxious too. quite quite worried.

firstly, from your performance: I know you are making progress, but i think it is not very efficient, and you guys cannot even make one stable wallet without any real market function? most altcoin can but you cannot with so much money and with waht you so called a strong R&Dteam?

secondly, from your attitude: I think all 3I team members are nice and polite people, but you seem to be a little too optimistic and sometimes even arrogant . for over half a year, without anything comeing out, i never hear a word that we are sorry, we didn't do well, but all i hear is that we made a great thing, we are awesome. we are terriffic.  Maybe i am wrong, you are all talented people, BM is like Steve Jobs, but we are just ordinary people. but please at least admit that, in these six months ,you did not do well and the market has given the answer.

thirdly, yesterday' post by BM is a blasting fuse. first, many investors feel they are fooled,  and what i am dissapointed is that i thought BM is a talent, but all i see is he hasn't finished a stable wallet, and stroll on this forum everyday, answering almost everyone's post, i think it should be someone else's responsiblity.  you guys don't make any labor division? diffrent people are responsible for different part of jobs? so worried about the team management or lack of excution. i hear that keyhotee team take away 100+ Bitcoin every month, i don't know if it is ture, but i think it is disaster. from the work on keyhotee, i guess this team is not very good. and 3I still uses such a team to work on BTS X, no wonder a wallet we still could not be released yet. 

finnally, i just want to say, we do not want to complain too much. but the thing is that most people in this forum don't think you did a good job and what is worse, you don't think that you did a terrible job in these six months. And that is why we are so afraid of the future of 3I. and since a lot of people have been trapped in this investment, so they complain and complain again. if today they can leave without any lost of moeny , they would just leave right away, without saying any word.

so if you think you don't wanna hear too much complain, you could just give back the money we invested and we would stop complaining and get away? i am just joking, i know it is ridiculous, i just want to say, please at least stand on investors' position and understand people's complain

+5% +5% +5% +5% +5%

BM is an unstable gas
He has a high IQ
But he does not have a high EQ
So, he can always blow investor sentiment

I think STAN should hold his position,  Because his name is  “CEO”  :P

« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 01:37:26 pm by BTS熊 »
MUSE witness:mygoodfriend     vote for me

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1

3. Bitshares项目什么时候可以出来,有没有具体的时间节点和deadline? 在您40年的开发经验中,是否项目管理都是没

tapos 失败以后 iii就越来越踏实了,最近BM的效率很高了,
github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091