Author Topic: Most online today 207 !!! Very good sign guys ;)  (Read 6616 times)

Offline SonjaDouglas

• View Profile
The majority look at a chart and concentrate on the technical indicators, with very few understanding the truth, and the truth is the driving force alt coins affecting supply and demand.

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
i am going to take care some of these facebook likes hopefully... ;)

Offline gamey

• View Profile

Wow.  Great analysis.  +5%  I'm glad to see that my empirical observations of this stuff are somewhat off. :)
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile
Other interesting Stats

Ethereum                                                                        BitShares

2550 Reddit Readers                                                     325 Reddit Readers
2500 Facebook Likes                                                     1600 Facebook likes
Website Ranked 119 000th                                           Website Ranked 189 000 (BitSharestalk.org)
(Ranked 100 000th in USA)                                            (Ranked 125 000 in USA)
 *On Alexa.com tracking                                                 Webiste Ranked 315 000  (BitShares.org)
(& ranked top 50k in Israel, UK, Canada & Russia)

Analysis

Reddit Last two months -

Ethereum                                           BitShares
187 Articles (by +-70 people)              47 Articles
17 upvotes avg                                   5 upvotes avg.
6.5 comments avg.                             4.5 comments avg.

Upvotes and readers look good (Becoming a reader takes a second and no email even required.) but apparently on Reddit comments are key and we are not that far behind

'Comments are key. They are arguably the most important part of the site. Just because something has been upvoted does not necessarily mean it's legitimate.'

Facebook - A Facebook like is quite passive and is not indicative of a community. We could boost our numbers just by making a post on our forum asking people to like our Facebook page.

Website - Their website is ranked higher, but their website and forums are combined. If you added the traffic our forum gets to our website it would probably be a much closer race.

Their 'bounce rate' is 70% on ethereum.org
the percentage of visitors who enter the site and "bounce" (leave the site) rather than continue viewing other pages within the same site.

Our bounce rate is half that - 35% (On both of our sites) This means when people are directed there they are more interested imo.

Our daily page views per visitor on both sites is +-3, there's is 2.

Conclusion

Whether you count someone as being part of our community once they've made a post (3000) or making at least 10 posts (800)

Ethereum only has 725 who have made a post, and 85 who have made 10 posts on their forum. Even if you added people who had made a Reddit post and counted them as unique people (not the same person already registered on their forum) it would only add a few hundred people at most in the first and handful of people in the second category. (I'd imagine the same is true of skype.)

Personally I think whatever measure you want to use to define a community member BitShares has to be twice as big but probably closer to 3X IMO.

Ethereum is doing a better job at marketing and getting an audience, but we are doing a much better job of turning our audience into part of the BitShares community.

The solution is to get a bigger audience  :P Luckily marketing seems to be improving lately and also Toast and others have come together to create task forces and make more of an effort to get out there on other platforms & forums.  (I would suggest as others have of making more of an effort on Reddit in particular.)

The release of BitShares XT will also be a huge boost.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 07:13:00 pm by Empirical1 »

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
+5%
but we need to boost our subreddit .. we miss lot's of buzz there

indeed  +5%
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
+5%
but we need to boost our subreddit .. we miss lot's of buzz there

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
That just means they don't use their forum... their skype groups are 10x as big and their reddit is >10x as big
I like forum more than skype
this means we are more open right?  :)

agreed :)
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi
That just means they don't use their forum... their skype groups are 10x as big and their reddit is >10x as big
I like forum more than skype
this means we are more open right?  :)

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile

Thanks. I thought I might have missed something. I'll look into that.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile
We can get some information about Ethereum from their activity page and badge system I think...

https://forum.ethereum.org/activity

Ethereum                                                               BitShares

+-725 people have ever made a post       +- 2970 have made a post            (4 x more)
+-95 people made 10 posts+                    +- 810  have made 10 posts+       (8X more)
2 People have made 100 posts+               +-140 have made 100 posts+       (70X more)

34 made a first post in June                     At least 72 made a first post in June (2X)
58 made a first  " " "    May                      At least 120 made "     May                (2X)

'Ether Sale FAQ' 15K views                        BitShares Status X update 43K views 
(Next most viewed topic <5K)                  (We have at least 10 other topics viewed more than their most viewed 15K topic.)

------------------------------------------------------------

- I would say the BitShares community is about 3.5-6 X Bigger than the Ethereum community based on forum stats.
- In terms of a strong community, we have 8X more people who made 10 posts or more.
-  I would say at the the moment though we are probably only attracting 2X as many new people as Ethereum a month.

However, considering we have been in limbo for a few months I think that is pretty good. When BitShares XT is released (real soon :) ) that should really stretch the difference.  (This based on info I could derive from their forum and badge systems they may also have a big community on Bitcointalk or elsewhere that they have thus far been unsuccessful transferring to their main forum?)
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 10:55:50 pm by Empirical1 »

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
I heard from BM that we had may have more active daily users on our forum than most of the other "2.0" organizaions out there.  If so, that's great.   Hoping these are new users and not second usernames, as currencydebt stated.

yeah but it would be nice to get ethereum stats also, but this are hide from public on their forum…

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
This is great news.

We definitely have a strong core community,

150 people with more than 100 posts.
150 more with more than 50.
150 more with more than 25.

Stumbled on this while checking forum stats,

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?action=mlist;sort=registered;start=0;desc

New signups from 28th to 2nd, a small surge of ad-bots? Check out their "website."

Offline MktDirector

• View Profile
I heard from BM that we had may have more active daily users on our forum than most of the other "2.0" organizaions out there.  If so, that's great.   Hoping these are new users and not second usernames, as currencydebt stated.

bitbro

A couple recent news articles gave Bts shoutouts too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk