Author Topic: Storj and Bitshares Collaboration  (Read 10264 times)

Offline fuzzy

DonJoe how old are you? Zeus is this the Cryptsy guy?

If you are considering to put money in storj: ANYONE WHO DEALS WITH SUPER3 IS AN IDIOT!

thanks for the heads up.  would like to delve into this deeper than name-calling though... 

Opportunities abound in this space, but also opportunities to get b!tchslapped by reality.  Of course, then again I have no clue who you are other than an assumption--which is not enough to validate what you say.  Really wish you would post as your true self bro...especially if you are who I think you are.

How about getting Super3 on Beyond Bitcoin so he can tell the story about how he mined the first block and also talk about Storj?

That would be cool.  Literally anyone can set something up on there but I will never mind setting one up if there is a lack of people available or willing.  The Server is available for the entire community so literally anyone who wants to create content by interviewing someone or putting together public meetings can do so and anyone who attends can record. 

With that said, I'll send Super a message and see what he says.  Can't hurt ;)
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

If you are considering to put money in storj: ANYONE WHO DEALS WITH SUPER3 IS AN IDIOT!

thanks for the heads up.  would like to delve into this deeper than name-calling though... 

Opportunities abound in this space, but also opportunities to get b!tchslapped by reality.  Of course, then again I have no clue who you are other than an assumption--which is not enough to validate what you say.  Really wish you would post as your true self bro...especially if you are who I think you are.

How about getting Super3 on Beyond Bitcoin so he can tell the story about how he mined the first block and also talk about Storj?

any updates on this !? :)
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline fuzzy

« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 04:50:33 am by fuznuts »

Offline super3

• View Profile
He/she seems to have mastered the ad hominem argument. Its hilarious.

Anyways. DPOS seems like an interesting thing to look into. Not sure it would be the best fit for our early blockchain(extra complexity>needed features), but it might be useful in other ways.

I think it however be quite useful when we scale this up to compute. You could use DPOS as the basis for a quorum to have a good structure for trustless computing, without jumping into Turing complete blockchains or zero-knowledge proofs.

Offline onceuponatime

DonJoe how old are you? Zeus is this the Cryptsy guy? I love you didn't read the rest of the topic where Zeus said he just heard a rumor and he has no proof.

Don Joe certainly seems to have a chip on his shoulder. I think he may be a day trader who got into Bitshares by mistake for a quick buck and now feels frustrated and stuck.

He represents perhaps a small number of newbies, with nothing positive to contribute, making rude and worthless posts - not the overall community.

Offline DonJoe

• View Profile

Offline super3

• View Profile
DonJoe how old are you? Zeus is this the Cryptsy guy? I love you didn't read the rest of the topic where Zeus said he just heard a rumor and he has no proof.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 03:15:21 am by super3 »

Offline DonJoe

• View Profile
omfg,

5.  We trusted Super 3, he turned out to be an opportunist and grabbed .io for his own purposes.  Stuff happens.

we never owned it and super3 was surprisingly unresponsive
Woops .. too bad .. but you own bitshares.org .. do you?

anyway .. updating (all) the links should be considered important when interested in newcomers!

We own bitshares.org and other domains.   We had trusted Super3 as a core member of the team, but he turned out to be an opportunist.
I gave you all bitshares.org and all the domains after I didn't have enough time to work on the website anymore after I went back to school. You have always had full access to the servers and code. I registered Invictus.io for the bounty site, which you used and never fully paid for.

Opportunist? If Bitshares was a volunteer organization that didn't make a profit you would have a point, but it isn't. I worked as hard as  I possible could for you, so I don't appreciate being thrown under the bus.

after all of these, you come back and ask for collaboration? WHY DONT YOU FUCK YOURSELF?! BETRAYER! ANYONE WHO DEALS WITH SUPER3 IS AN IDIOT!

Special thanks to Zeus:
When I first learned about PTS (in November if I remember correctly) I asked on Cryptsy what they knew about it... Most people didn't know anything but there was a guy that said "anyone who deals with super3 is an idiot. The guy has scammed a lot of people in the past.Enough said". I didn't pay much attention back then because I liked the whole concept of PTS, but It seems that that guy knew better... I think that your relationship with super 3 must have done some damage to your publicity...

Offline fuzzy

very interesting...

what are your differences with maidsafe project?
Have you think about to make an IPO using Bithares? (like maidsafe used mastercoin) of course with bytemaster sugestion's to make it succesfull not like the ipo-maidsafe-joke...
Id buy in.

Offline super3

• View Profile
We store the file metadata including hash and location on the blockchain, is one of the primary reasons.

Offline bytemaster

@BM : so what is the prospect of a collaboration here?

Information on storj is in a little short supply, but my one basic question for the entire system... why do you need a blockchain? 

If you need a blockchain then DPOS is likely the best solution, especially if you can benefit from some form of optimized trust from a set of delegates.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
^^ those are just the memos in normal transfer transactions.

We can have separate transactions for referring to data stores.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Looks like

"data": {
             "owner": "XTSGD65z6NiCmezvC6tf59g7ZKwKJ23arpz8",
             "memo": {
               "one_time_key": "XTS5KR5WqNtooeh3SUSWzeMcu7YEqefNYmpoHYV7faoeXVki4c2VB",
               "encrypted_memo_data": "57dce4a2b2e3a8cc731049dacb3606742f15d29c9c7ee3cb292e95b9f7c878fe4
d5baed613813bfb5ccb155d59b6efccc5e1d19b1aa3ca7a9407382f796b75"
             }

Offline super3

• View Profile
Dpos can store memo currently already .. check out the current test runs! Pretty sure dpos makes sense for storj hashes
How large are the memos? The data would probably look something like this:

Code: [Select]
storj:05ecf7f9d218c631cc380527ac57f72798647824aa8839eb82045ed9fc3360c7?key=f869659afd98d617fc3c0a2b9f8b12a048a8da16a2ce2cc5abe5f42bd0f42845