Author Topic: Free-server GPU PTS miner?!  (Read 3928 times)

Offline r05

• View Profile
Re: Free-server GPU PTS miner?!
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2014, 08:42:05 pm »
This hack (which I'll offer more detail here on how to do) works for many different miners that are "locked" to one pool:

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=1921.msg22358#msg22358

My instructions here assume you're running Windows (maybe Windows 7). If you're on another platform, you'll have to look up how to modify the hosts file for your platform and/or otherwise redirect inbound/outbound traffic from a particular IP address.

First, shut down your miner (if it's running). Then navigate to:

Code: [Select]
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc
--and double-click the file which is named "hosts." Windows will probably ask you what you want to open the file with; choose any plain text editor.

Then edit that file so that the operating system's networking redirects all traffic related to one address to another address. For example, if the miner is hard-coded to mine at 148.251.6.201 (I think that's beeeeer.org), you can add this line to the hosts file:

148.251.6.201 mmcpool.1gh.com
--and then save the hosts file. Then start up your miner again. Voila! Your miner mines somewhere else.
Nice one - that's a great little workaround. :)
If I have helped you, please consider buying me a beer:
PTS: PZ6ZED8q1i7nQqnZiwFHdgLMELi3sgpnzL
BTC: 1CPF64k1AraWAUiDSh2QthRhbtJJznzRtw

Offline sircotra

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2014, 08:37:27 pm »
Good idea! I try it tomorrow.  ;D

Thanks.

Fabio

Offline earthbound

• View Profile
    • earthbound.io
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2014, 08:31:21 pm »
This hack (which I'll offer more detail here on how to do) works for many different miners that are "locked" to one pool:

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=1921.msg22358#msg22358

My instructions here assume you're running Windows (maybe Windows 7). If you're on another platform, you'll have to look up how to modify the hosts file for your platform and/or otherwise redirect inbound/outbound traffic from a particular IP address.

First, shut down your miner (if it's running). Then navigate to:

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc
--and double-click the file which is named "hosts." Windows will probably ask you what you want to open the file with; choose any plain text editor.

Then edit that file so that the operating system's networking redirects all traffic related to one address to another address. For example, if the miner is hard-coded to mine at 148.251.6.201 (I think that's beeeeer.org), you can add this line to the hosts file:

148.251.6.201 mmcpool.1gh.com
--and then save the hosts file. Then start up your miner again. Voila! Your miner mines somewhere else.
I think I'm not alone when I say I'd like to see more and more planets fall under the ruthless dominion of our solar system. -Jack Handey

Offline sircotra

• View Profile
Re: Free-server GPU PTS miner
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2014, 09:02:41 am »
Yes  ;D
Like the "-o" option of cgminer...

Offline earthbound

• View Profile
    • earthbound.io
Re: Free-server GPU PTS miner
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2014, 04:15:33 am »
Are you asking if any of the GPU miners can be made to mine at whatever pool you want?
I think I'm not alone when I say I'd like to see more and more planets fall under the ruthless dominion of our solar system. -Jack Handey

Offline sircotra

• View Profile
Free-server GPU PTS miner?!
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2014, 02:55:03 pm »
Hello,
someone of the new gpu miners can be modified to use non-code-integrated server pool?

Thanks.

Fabio
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 09:05:36 am by sircotra »