Author Topic: Do BitShares API services exist or plan to be built  (Read 1622 times)

Offline amencon

• View Profile
Awesome I'll check these out, thank you.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Auto-generated JS bindings exist for all client API calls.

https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares_toolkit/tree/master/libraries/api/ruby_generator
https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares_toolkit/tree/master/libraries/api/ruby_generator/output

If there's some RPC call you want that is missing missing, like "sign message w/ stake valid at block N", tell us and we can add it to the client.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline amencon

• View Profile
In another thread I proposed to build a site that would take votes from shareholders.  Toast mentioned that the collection of votes would really only be meaningful if they were weighted by verified proof of stake.

I have virtually zero experience in crypto coding, but my assumption is that most web sites with blockchain services are built on top of a running client so the web app can interact with the client to create addresses or transactions or poll for information or whatever.  This seems a bit out of my reach until I can learn better how I would piece that together.

In lieu of that, it would be great if someone had a site that ran on top of a client and had some API hooks that other web sites could communicate with, so for instance from my site I'd be able to send a JSON request in a certain format requesting the balance of some address or some other similar function and I'd get the result back for parsing on the server without having to learn how to build a site the directly integrates with the BitShares client.

Does this request make sense?  If so does this exist somewhere or is it planned to be built by someone?

In the meantime I'll keep trying to learn however my experience is with javascript and C# and not C++ or Qt so it might take awhile to make real progress.

Thanks.