Author Topic: just downloaded the client. I'm confused.  (Read 4235 times)

merockstar

okay then. message sent

you can ignore most of the questions in the message I sent you on keyhotee cause you were kind enough to answer them here (but I didn't see due to maintenance) :)

thanks once.

Offline onceuponatime

So I decided to try and wrap my head around keyhotee tonight.

Downloaded the client, ran it.

I'm confused now.

I entered my information, fed it a good brainwallet passphrase. then came here and snagged somebodies ID from the forum to test it on. Opened a new message, typed their ID into the "to" field. But I'm not seeing a "send button."

Then I saw where it says you're supposed to request authorization, but the field where you enter their keyhotee id is blanked out.

I'm assuming the wallet features arent implemented yet because clicking on them takes you to each respective cryptocurrency's page.

i'm also seeing fields where you're supposed to enter a founder's ID. is it not working because it's still disabled for everybody but the founders maybe (I am not a founder)? any help here would be great.

edit: just saw the thread where all the public keys are posted. entered xeroc's public key. and was able to send. cool!

is anybody currently online who'd like to help me see if I have this working?

also, when I went through the first wizard to set everything up, I put my full name in. is it going to be visible to everybody I communicate with on here now?

I'm online now. My Founder's id is onceuponatime

8Ae77UWtuXm71W8RsaF8yDhhxRme1ByiuEzWsprrB6mM3Siew4

Wallet features are NOT implemented yet because dannotestein was pulled from the Keyhotee development project to work on Bitshares XT

The time for being a "Founder" is long past similarily to a snapshot having been taken a long time ago.

Is your full name going to be visible to everyone? Well, I certainly hope not! It should only be for your internal reference as far as I understand it. Let's try it out.

merockstar

So I decided to try and wrap my head around keyhotee tonight.

Downloaded the client, ran it.

I'm confused now.

I entered my information, fed it a good brainwallet passphrase. then came here and snagged somebodies ID from the forum to test it on. Opened a new message, typed their ID into the "to" field. But I'm not seeing a "send button."

Then I saw where it says you're supposed to request authorization, but the field where you enter their keyhotee id is blanked out.

I'm assuming the wallet features arent implemented yet because clicking on them takes you to each respective cryptocurrency's page.

i'm also seeing fields where you're supposed to enter a founder's ID. is it not working because it's still disabled for everybody but the founders maybe (I am not a founder)? any help here would be great.

edit: just saw the thread where all the public keys are posted. entered xeroc's public key. and was able to send. cool!

is anybody currently online who'd like to help me see if I have this working?

also, when I went through the first wizard to set everything up, I put my full name in. is it going to be visible to everybody I communicate with on here now?
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 07:39:01 am by merockstar »