Author Topic: Is BTS X going to win the race and why?  (Read 4287 times)

Offline Simeon II

• View Profile

Maybe I can put the question also like this – Do believe that the distribution from Feb 28 2014 – 50% PTS; 50% AGS (donors to that point) is the best possible? Reasons for such opinion?

I am not particularly worried about this poster/project, more of a general question.

It is best possible because if they changed _that_ then people would completely lose all faith in the integrity of I3/Bitshares.  I've seen some discussion about how they have changed things in the past, but it all seemed reasonable.  Changing the snapshot date would show extreme bad faith to those who paid the premium for PTS leading up to Feb 28th.  It would do immeasurable harm to the brand.

Gamey, the snapshot date is not an issue I am trying to address here; my question will still be the same no matter which exact date the BTS X uses for the snapshot from the AGS.

merockstar

Maybe I can put the question also like this – Do believe that the distribution from Feb 28 2014 – 50% PTS; 50% AGS (donors to that point) is the best possible? Reasons for such opinion?

I am not particularly worried about this poster/project, more of a general question.

It is best possible because if they changed _that_ then people would completely lose all faith in the integrity of I3/Bitshares.  I've seen some discussion about how they have changed things in the past, but it all seemed reasonable.  Changing the snapshot date would show extreme bad faith to those who paid the premium for PTS leading up to Feb 28th.  It would do immeasurable harm to the brand.

This is the only reason I bite my tongue on suggesting a new snapshot that includes all the AGS donors.

Offline gamey

• View Profile

I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline Simeon II

• View Profile

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Interesting... before there was a donation BTC address asking for money, now it is not there?
IDK.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Totally unnecessary bump there... scam copycat AFAIK.

In general we should be slightly worried about clones with better distributions. In this particular case, I am not worried.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline Simeon II

• View Profile

What is the plan for dealing with this:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=499211.0

I am not saying the poster will be the one doing this successfully but:
-It is doable (easily with an open source code)
-It does follow the ’social consensus’ -10% or more for PTS and 10% or more for AGS.

And yet, if project like that takes off better than BTS X,let say they find the magic distribution and have great marketing, all AGS donors more or less have thrown their money away.