Author Topic: .p2p allocation, possibly launching without name sales?  (Read 2818 times)

Offline sudo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ags
btc&namecoin 's dns shares  unfreeze by time or random in a range

Offline jae208

• View Profile
http://bitsharestutorials.com A work in progress
Subscribe to the Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/BitsharesTutorials

merockstar

I vote to include BTC. Nobody over on bitcointalk is just going to ignore free money, and that brings attention to the DAC from the biggest crypto community that currently exists.

Offline onceuponatime

CLains and I think we could do without BTC.

(Other people put these thoughts in my head.. but..)

Seems like maybe 2 approaches I would consider .. Toast's 35/35/15/15  PTS/AGS/NMC/BTC  vs 35/35/30  with NMC and no BTC

1) Giving to BTC is positive cause the amounts will be so diluted that a lot of BTC owners may not redeem their shares.  It also brings in the most core crypto-currency people.

versus

2) Partnering with NMC so they don't see us as a competitor.  Have both coins work together to get a stronger foothold in the existing centralized DNS system.

I tend to fall in the #2 camp because I think adoption is more important than trying to gain favor with BTC.  Also since NMC is merge-mined off BTC there is an argument there that by giving all 30% to NMC you're also giving it to the BTC/POW demographic.

+5% for #2

Offline gamey

• View Profile

CLains and I think we could do without BTC.

(Other people put these thoughts in my head.. but..)

Seems like maybe 2 approaches I would consider .. Toast's 35/35/15/15  PTS/AGS/NMC/BTC  vs 35/35/30  with NMC and no BTC

1) Giving to BTC is positive cause the amounts will be so diluted that a lot of BTC owners may not redeem their shares.  It also brings in the most core crypto-currency people.

versus

2) Partnering with NMC so they don't see us as a competitor.  Have both coins work together to get a stronger foothold in the existing centralized DNS system.

I tend to fall in the #2 camp because I think adoption is more important than trying to gain favor with BTC.  Also since NMC is merge-mined off BTC there is an argument there that by giving all 30% to NMC you're also giving it to the BTC/POW demographic.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Discuss:

* Allocation. Obvious snapshot targets are AGS, PTS, NMC, and BTC, in that order for price advantage. But what exact allocations?

* Dilution for delegates. This DAC needs it more than others because this DAC needs lots of infrastructure developed before it can add any value. At least taking all existing NMC tools and porting them to work with .p2p, but also more general bitshares tools which might benefit the whole ecosystem. Questions are, what % of "final" (at t=infinity) allocation should go to delegates, and at what rate should they get it?

* Disabling domain sales for a while. I'd say leave it up to the delegates to determine the rate at which domains can be sold and when to start the sales, but it'd be good to have some hard-coded "guidelines" and just let the delegates set the parameters.  This would let us launch *real soon* and start getting paid delegates for the ecosystem.

FWIW, I think initial allocation should be something like 35/35/15/15 AGS/PTS/NMC/BTC initial, diluted down to 40% to 60% at infinity, with half of the delegate fund paid out in the first year and (exponentially decaying payments).
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.