Author Topic: Initial price for a XTS  (Read 27708 times)

Offline jae208

• View Profile
I think that adam generally does bring up some great points and rather than trying to shun him I think we should appreciate that he, along with everyone else that still bothers to voice an opinion or concern is still doing so.

It is not to detract or divide this community but rather to challenge each other's views and learn.

Not everyone is glued to the forums 24/7 and not everyone can subsist on blind faith.
http://bitsharestutorials.com A work in progress
Subscribe to the Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/BitsharesTutorials

Offline Simeon II

• View Profile
I suspect that those trading BTSX will be fine and I trust the exchanges to do the most honorable thing they can.

I only say it is risky because of the large number of unknowns/changing conditions and due to my position I have a responsibility to point out that there are extra risks.   All risks are manageable and experts can trade/gamble/speculate but it isn't for the average user just yet.

Seeing the last 2 posts (msg74921 and msg74949)  here https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=5508.0,
 I see your point.

Offline bytemaster

I suspect that those trading BTSX will be fine and I trust the exchanges to do the most honorable thing they can.

I only say it is risky because of the large number of unknowns/changing conditions and due to my position I have a responsibility to point out that there are extra risks.   All risks are manageable and experts can trade/gamble/speculate but it isn't for the average user just yet.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Simeon II

• View Profile
I see 2 prominent actors in this thread playing more stupid then we know they actually are. What are their respective benefits of their misfortunate posts ? I do not know, do you?

First ABL is behaving like the  exchanges are those big bad wolfs and will never adjust the share supply accordingly ( which bter btw already did just to probably show him how easy it is for them to do, as well as to show they have no ill intentions to trick you in paying 500 times more than what you think you are paying).

The second is BM, who finds trading shares before their release very dangerous. My question for him is – how is that more risky than donating to AGS, or buying PTS? If anything it is orders of magnitude less so.

There are going to be 4 billion bitshares available on the market all at once, and you're paying .008btc EACH?  That's what, $4.80 a piece, and would give a market cap of  $19,200,000,000 i.e. bigger than the entire cryptocurrency ecosystem including bitcoin.

Are you aware of how much you're likely overpaying?

To be fair...  any one trading prior to the launch of a specific DAC is taking a huge risk and should be doing so with a heavy dose of Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt and pricing their bids and asks accordingly.

Offline vlight

• View Profile
  • BitShares: vlight
If you have difficulties calculating market cap of BTSX, just go to Bter.com and you can find it by looking at Market Cap(BTC) column.

Offline svk

Guys, keep in mind Adam is doing something really good here. He is a supporter not the FUDder, many see him as. What he is bringing is the viewpoint of all the outsiders. The questions he ask are questions people interested and unfamiliar with BTSX will ask. That said Invictus needs to start investing heavily in proper marketing. A good product without good clear documentation and marketing would not prosper.
+5%
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
Guys, keep in mind Adam is doing something really good here. He is a supporter not the FUDder, many see him as. What he is bringing is the viewpoint of all the outsiders. The questions he ask are questions people interested and unfamiliar with BTSX will ask. That said Invictus needs to start investing heavily in proper marketing. A good product without good clear documentation and marketing would not prosper.

bitbro

Anybody checked Bter and BTC38 recently? Even their IOUs in BTSX are trading with a market cap of $20-25 million. This sucker's going to debut much higher than some folks think.

The IOUs are the only way to get BTSX right now. The supply is very limited at the moment. Once actual BTSX floods the market it will go down, just like ANY other IPO that debuts on an exchange. Then it should resume its course higher, given no major setbacks. I think there will be opportunities to get in on the cheap once more after we go live.

I really hope so...

We'll see. I've been buying some small quantities at around 0.008BTC at BTC38, but if the price drops even further on launch I'll be ready to buy even more. If BM and the others can sort out the few remaining bugs, the current state of this project is miles ahead of most other "altcoins", which bodes well for the Bitshares ecosystem.

I won't be surprised it BTSX is in the nr. 2 spot on Coinmarketcap come Christmas.

There are going to be 4 billion bitshares available on the market all at once, and you're paying .008btc EACH?  That's what, $4.80 a piece, and would give a market cap of  $19,200,000,000 i.e. bigger than the entire cryptocurrency ecosystem including bitcoin.

Are you not aware that the supply will change? Or are you just refusing to do the math?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline oco101

• View Profile
Anybody checked Bter and BTC38 recently? Even their IOUs in BTSX are trading with a market cap of $20-25 million. This sucker's going to debut much higher than some folks think.

The IOUs are the only way to get BTSX right now. The supply is very limited at the moment. Once actual BTSX floods the market it will go down, just like ANY other IPO that debuts on an exchange. Then it should resume its course higher, given no major setbacks. I think there will be opportunities to get in on the cheap once more after we go live.

I really hope so...

We'll see. I've been buying some small quantities at around 0.008BTC at BTC38, but if the price drops even further on launch I'll be ready to buy even more. If BM and the others can sort out the few remaining bugs, the current state of this project is miles ahead of most other "altcoins", which bodes well for the Bitshares ecosystem.

I won't be surprised it BTSX is in the nr. 2 spot on Coinmarketcap come Christmas.

Wow this is  just FUD Adam. You like that don't you ? Ohh that because you don't have the time to read the forum right..  now I remember. That is  a good excuse so you can say anything you like.

Are you blaming me for being confused, when this is pretty clearly confusing?  I've been following and supporting the project Since august of last year, and I don't even know how many tokens there are going to be.

Am I stupid, a bad actor, or is it confusing?

Confusing it is yes, you right about that. BTSX  in not out yet maybe that why. There are gonna be 2 billion  tokens last I know.

Offline svk

Are you blaming me for being confused, when this is pretty clearly confusing?  I've been following and supporting the project Since august of last year, and I don't even know how many tokens there are going to be.

It's confusing, risky and uncertain!

I'm trading pre-launch and realize I might be taking a huge risk, but like I said before we're talking small quantities here, about 0.5BTC so far. Assuming the conversion to 2 billion goes as planned, I'm buying XTS at an estimated market cap of 20 million, which seems reasonable to me considering the potential.

I've been following along every dry run, compiling the client, playing with the web wallet and windows wallet etc, and that's why I believe there's potential for a higher market cap.

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!

I really hope so...

Wow this is  just FUD Adam. You like that don't you ? Ohh that because you don't have the time to read the forum right..  now I remember. That is  a good excuse so you can say anything you like.

Email me at adam@letstalkbitcoin.com

Offline bytemaster

To be fair...  any one trading prior to the launch of a specific DAC is taking a huge risk and should be doing so with a heavy dose of Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt and pricing their bids and asks accordingly.

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline oco101

• View Profile

I really hope so...

Offline svk

I really hope so...

No, the price on the exchanges is relative to a supply of 4 million.

I'm paying 0.008BTC for an IOU for 2 billion / 4 million = 500BTSX. In other words, 0.008BTC/500=0.000016 BTC/BTSX.

Edit. Did the calculations first with 2 billion, then posted with 4 billion cause that's what Adam used. Corrected to 2 billion again!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 02:52:20 pm by svk »

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
^^ bter is trading with 4m total, so its $19m market cap. Also it will scale up to 2b not 4b.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.