Author Topic: Initial price for a XTS  (Read 27508 times)

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
There are 2 billion XTS and 2 million PTS and PTS represents only 50% of XTS... so I would say something like  2*PTS_PRICE/1000 as a baseline and then adjust for other factors such as:

1) there exists a working product
2) it is DPOS
3) it represents shares in X vs everything but X.

When was the number of shares increased from 4 million BTS to 2 billion?  Any reason outside of an artificially inflated market cap?

By theory of economics, it would not change or "artificially inflate" the market cap.  Market cap = total # of shares x value of one share,  so if total # goes up, value of an individual share goes down and market cap stays the same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right, but the way many of the larger indexes calculate are based on total market cap as represented by (current price) x (total available supply).

I'm not talking about any actual change, i'm asking if this change was made to maximize placement on market cap coin leaderboards?

No, you would not expect the cap to be higher just because the supply is higher because you would expect the price to be proportionally lower.

If the cap ends up higher it is because we guessed which "direction" people would be irrational, basically you would have to think "I have 1000 XTS so I like XTS more than if I had 0.001 at the same price so I will work harder to promote it" or some very indirect reasoning like that
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline bytemaster

Wait, so registering a delegate will cost 20 XTS out of 2 billion, or 20 XTS out of 4 million ?

Registering a delegate costs a variable amount proportional to the amount of revenue one could hope to earn over 2 full weeks of operation.  This changes as the transaction fees change.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!
There are 2 billion XTS and 2 million PTS and PTS represents only 50% of XTS... so I would say something like  2*PTS_PRICE/1000 as a baseline and then adjust for other factors such as:

2) it is DPOS

When was the number of shares increased from 4 million BTS to 2 billion?  Any reason outside of an artificially inflated market cap?

By theory of economics, it would not change or "artificially inflate" the market cap.  Market cap = total # of shares x value of one share,  so if total # goes up, value of an individual share goes down and market cap stays the same

Right, but the way many of the larger indexes calculate are based on total market cap as represented by (current price) x (total available supply).

I'm not talking about any actual change, i'm asking if this change was made to maximize placement on market cap coin leaderboards?
Email me at adam@letstalkbitcoin.com

Offline bytemaster

2) it is DPOS

Yes, because in my opinion prices like    1000 XTS are easier to deal with in the early days than prices of .001 after it gains bitcoin level acceptance.   
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
Wait, so registering a delegate will cost 20 XTS out of 2 billion, or 20 XTS out of 4 million ?

interesting point !

PS the same question for the transaction fees?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 03:57:58 pm by liondani »

Offline vlight

• View Profile
  • BitShares: vlight

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

2) it is DPOS

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=5199.0

bitbro

2) it is DPOS

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!

2) it is DPOS

Email me at adam@letstalkbitcoin.com

Offline Kenof

• View Profile
I have some stats from that time:

PTS/BTC=0.0285
LTC/BTC=0.02514
(4,871 BTC = 2900,71 USD //14/02/22/20:57//UTC)

Feb 28th:
BTS/PTS=1,288319566
Total PTS supply: 1552409,862
Making life easier.

Offline bytemaster

2) it is DPOS

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Hey friends,

I start thinking about what a realistic initial price for a XTS would be.
Taking the XTS asset from the blockchain (test run7)
default (unlocked) >>> blockchain_get_asset XTS
{
  "id": 0,
  "symbol": "XTS",
  "name": "BitShares XTS",
  "description": "Stake in future BitShares X chains",
  "public_data": null,
  "issuer_account_id": 0,
  "precision": 100000,
  "current_share_supply": 199999281421126,
  "maximum_share_supply": 1000000000000000,
  "collected_fees": 953331802,
  "registration_date": "20140701T000000"
}
yields a supply of 199999281421126 which is (afaik)  1999992814.21126 XTS.
The 28. feb loss in value for PTS was at least 15kUSD

How many PTS have existed on 2.28?
What is the ratio of PTS->XTS and BTC->XTS?

What your honest (not sure if this works out) price for your XTS?

I am thinking about buying some XTS (worth 5 BTC) right on launch and can't come up with a BTC to XTS price .. any help?