Author Topic: BitShares XT Market Cap one week after launch?  (Read 6129 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline solaaire

• praise the sun!
    • View Profile
thanks for the clarification toast, i think dropping the T is a great idea

also big shout to the dev team for working on the 4th - that's dedication

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai

There is little point in arguing here.

At the end of the day, you will do whatever you decide to do.

I can find and post the threads/posts that people asked you to skip XT as it is pointless. On which you said that you will do it anyway, just because you feel like it. And those comments were the only public knowledge before dropping the bomb that you suddenly have sobered up.

I still think you don't get it... We're not "skipping XT", we're just not calling it XT.
Skipping XT would be not releasing until X is fully-functional. We are not doing that.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline Simeon II

• View Profile

There is little point in arguing here.

At the end of the day, you will do whatever you decide to do.

I can find and post the threads/posts that people asked you to skip XT as it is pointless. On which you said that you will do it anyway, just because you feel like it. And those comments were the only public knowledge before dropping the bomb that you suddenly have sobered up.

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile

Yep we're dropping the T

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

That’s why insider trading is illegal.

Having this info 36h ago, would have saved me 10s of thousands of USD.

I just wonder if the other party new???

This was all public information. There would be no difference in the price if they launched as "XT" vs "X." The "T", for test, would eventually come off as the marketcap surpassed $1 billion or so. The first chain is how you get a preallocation in future bitshares x banks

toast edit: formatting

The public information was that it would XT, T standing for ‘test’; And nothing to test, really… except if DPOS can handle 1000 transaction per day…

It is still the same limited test chain.
But it is the chain all future X chains are reccommended to honour 100% around their launch.

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=2940.0

So it makes sense to call it just X. Good name change.

Edit: I said X is the chain all future X chains should honour at launch.
But I think it's more like the XI model will honour X 100% at launch, but then any variants that required new chains of the XI model would honour XI at launch.

It amounts to the same thing. But my wording is wrong then.

« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 10:59:15 am by Empirical1 »

Offline toast

• View Profile
Yes, it is still "XT" for "test" except we will just remove the letter "T" from the UI.
Just changing the name (to make it less confusing for when we upgrade).

Before: XT --- upgrade --- > X
Now:    X ---- upgrade ----> X
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline Simeon II

• View Profile

Yep we're dropping the T

This was all public information. There would be no difference in the price if they launched as "XT" vs "X." The "T", for test, would eventually come off as the marketcap surpassed $1 billion or so. The first chain is how you get a preallocation in future bitshares x banks

The public information was that it would XT, T standing for ‘test’; And nothing to test, really… except if DPOS can handle 1000 transaction per day…

clout

Yep we're dropping the T

« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 02:14:39 am by toast »

Offline toast

• View Profile

Yep we're dropping the T

??? It's a name change... the technology is *exactly* the same. Would it cost you 10s of thousands of we called it "BitShares Exchange"?

edit: Maybe I was unclear earlier, I just meant we are not calling the un-upgraded chain "XT" because it confuses too many people. It would still be "X, without the exchange, until we upgrade it".

Offline Simeon II

• View Profile

Yep we're dropping the T

Offline toast

• View Profile
when? any specific date and time

Yep we're dropping the T

Right from launch... calling it "X" even before market functionality

Offline sfinder

• 4 Cores CPU+100GB SSD+anti-DDoS Pro
    • View Profile
when? any specific date and time

Yep we're dropping the T

微博:星在飘我在找|BTS X 受托人delegate ID:baidu
中国教育书店合作将20%收入捐献给贫困山区学生。
Cooperating with China Education Bookstore and will donate 20% of delegate income to the poor students

Offline toast

• View Profile
Since I am not really sure what the hell XT is, I am going to say way less than the smallest option. If we are talking about the Bank & Exchange, I would guess around $20 million after a few months with some extreme volatility throughout the beginning.

I hope it has been decided that they drop the XT name and just call it X. Obviously it won't be launched fully featured, but I see absolutely no advantage in having the T there except for confusing people even more on what is not trivial stuff to begin with.

Yep we're dropping the T

Offline cygnify

• View Profile
Since I am not really sure what the hell XT is, I am going to say way less than the smallest option. If we are talking about the Bank & Exchange, I would guess around $20 million after a few months with some extreme volatility throughout the beginning.

I hope it has been decided that they drop the XT name and just call it X. Obviously it won't be launched fully featured, but I see absolutely no advantage in having the T there except for confusing people even more on what is not trivial stuff to begin with.

Offline NewMine

• View Profile