Author Topic: Push for internet marketing + announcing of wiki.bitshares.org  (Read 6192 times)

Offline solaaire

• praise the sun!
    • View Profile
is there a way to sign up and help with edits on the wiki?

i'm finally getting around to giving it an in depth look and I am seeing a few minor grammatical errors. I have also noticed that the BitShares blog hyperlink on the lefthand menu goes to the bitshares.org home page, rather than the blog page.

if there's a way for regular users to make edits i would love to help   :D

Absolutely!  Toast has a very active Skype group for that.   PM us your Skype name and we'll add you to the group. 

Thanks for offering!

sweet. Gamey had actually invited me to the skype chat a couple of weeks ago but it completely slipped my mind, so thanks for the reminder!

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan

i'm finally getting around to giving it an in depth look and I am seeing a few minor grammatical errors. I have also noticed that the BitShares blog hyperlink on the lefthand menu goes to the bitshares.org home page, rather than the blog page.

Absolutely!  Toast has a very active Skype group for that.   PM us your Skype name and we'll add you to the group. 

Thanks for offering!
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline solaaire

• praise the sun!
    • View Profile

Offline solaaire

• praise the sun!
    • View Profile

I was told by someone whose opinion I value highly that reddit has it so that if a post gets several upvotes in the first 10 minutes or less, then those votes are weighted much higher than upvotes that trickle in later.  So if we want to start seeing stuff posted on reddit, it would be to our benefit to somehow time the upvotes to be around a certain time.

Apparently some guys got banned over this after a warning, but they were really trying to game the system.  Some starcraft thing.

yeah good point. i think as long as we keep our posts and upvotes genuine we have nothing to worry about as far as that goes. upvotes on BitShares links in general tend to trickle in slowly

one suggestion: would you mind updating the OP with a list of relevant reddit posts when you have a chance? that thread in the original post is practically ancient as far as reddit is concerned  :D

Offline friendsofbitshares

• View Profile

I was told by someone whose opinion I value highly that reddit has it so that if a post gets several upvotes in the first 10 minutes or less, then those votes are weighted much higher than upvotes that trickle in later.  So if we want to start seeing stuff posted on reddit, it would be to our benefit to somehow time the upvotes to be around a certain time.

Apparently some guys got banned over this after a warning, but they were really trying to game the system.  Some starcraft thing.

Offline solaaire

• praise the sun!
    • View Profile
"If Bitcoin can replace the Federal Reserve, why can't a similar system replace the NYSE?"

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2ad0j7/if_bitcoin_can_replace_the_federal_reserve_why/

haven't replied yet, tbh im not versed enough in economics/finance to make a compelling argument. anyone else wanna give it a shot?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Let's recall of how fast things change bitween dryrun 1 and dryrun 8

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
Ethereum changes rapidly, until their funding process begins, or they go into alpha/beta stage, we shouldn't really compare, unless done as a speculative draft separately.

Offline MktDirector

• View Profile
One other thought bytemaster pointed out is whether or not Ethereum should be added to the table....but then again, they're still a work in progress...

Offline MktDirector

• View Profile
Thank you to whoever worked to get this whole wiki up and running. I spent some time yesterday adding info for Ripple, where missing, and editing for "look and feel".  I ran it by bytemaster and he also had me make some changes.  If any of the facts for ripple are incorrect, let me know, as I did the best I could to find accurate data.  AWESOME job once again. This is going to be a powerful tool to use.   

Offline solaaire

• praise the sun!
    • View Profile
someone just posted this in that reddit thread:

"Since I can't find it anywhere using google, what would the fundamental problems be for Bitshare? Like what would stop it from gaining mass adoption or any serious flaws it may have? (like the 51% attack for bitcoin)

If you have links or articles explaining any problems with it's system please share. I'm considering donating, it sounds like a promising idea."

anyone care to field that one, and maybe give the link some upvotes? the cryptocurrency subreddit (which is where this is posted) is a great place to find people looking for new cryptos, so it would be cool if it got a few more votes/posts to bump the thread back up to relevancy

• View Profile

Upvote this.  I am not sure if it will stick around. 
http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2a9ghc/comparison_of_bitcoin_network_to_other/

And reply to this if you want
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=682916.msg7746227#msg7746227

Seems like we're seeing an uptick in AGS donations.  I'm glad to see more people involved with AGS.  Lets keep it up.

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile
 +5% Awesome!

Is there a max price in XTS for a BitShares X transaction?

For me the price of the product is the thing laymen often look at first when making an initial comparison, so to say variable and then link to trying to explain burn rate...

I think it would be better to have < '*' XTS  - With Star being replaced by whatever a maximum transaction would cost, (Then the link can explain it would likely be much lower.)

• View Profile
Perhaps I need to resize this.  This is a screenshot of the grid originally created by Clout on the Wiki.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 02:48:55 am by friendsofbitshares »