Author Topic: newbie questions  (Read 2334 times)

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
What you need to do is either waiting for the official release of BTSX or donate some of your PTS to the ags address to get some ags. However, you can not get BTSX from those new ags. The snapshot was done on Feb 28th, 2014.  If you had those PTS in your wallet on Feb 28th, you should have BTSX too. Don't worry.

If I donate PTS to the AGS address will I get AGS and still be eligible for BTSX? or is it one or the other, can't have both? :)

The PTS held at Feb 28th will become BTSX that will be owned by that wallet's key.  So you can donate your PTS now but just keep the wallet with the private key for the BTSX when it is released.

Whoops I did not read OP. My fault.

Yes it is "both"
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline gamey

• View Profile
What you need to do is either waiting for the official release of BTSX or donate some of your PTS to the ags address to get some ags. However, you can not get BTSX from those new ags. The snapshot was done on Feb 28th, 2014.  If you had those PTS in your wallet on Feb 28th, you should have BTSX too. Don't worry.

If I donate PTS to the AGS address will I get AGS and still be eligible for BTSX? or is it one or the other, can't have both? :)

The PTS held at Feb 28th will become BTSX that will be owned by that wallet's key.  So you can donate your PTS now but just keep the wallet with the private key for the BTSX when it is released.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
^^ false, you won't get BTSX if you donate today. BTSX snapshot was feb 28th.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

Offline racingdude

• View Profile

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
BTS committee member:jademont

Offline racingdude

• View Profile
I have a few protoshares in my wallet, which I understand are now called BitShares PTS.
I had them before February 28, so they went into the snapshot.
Should I do anything with them now or just wait till I can use them?
I see that on the Angelshares donations page people donate both BTC and PTS.
Why is that so? Should I donate my PTS/send them to some donation address on that page to convert them to Bitshares X?

Is there a linux wallet or sources for this? I'd like to test run BitShares X:
http://bitshares.org/BitSharesXT-0.0.9.exe
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 02:51:02 pm by racingdude »