Author Topic: List of BitAssets to pre-register  (Read 10679 times)

Offline bitcoinerS

• View Profile
Probably not for this blockchain (BTSX), but I got this from
http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/Market_Peg

Bit_MSFT_QtrRev (Microsoft's quarterly revenue)
>>> approve bitcoiners

Offline cygnify

• View Profile
Is there somewhere I can read to find out how these prices track the actual price of the commodity traded? Or someone explain it here. Can't get my head around it at the moment.

The White Paper is here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RLcjSXWuU9vBJzzqLEXVACSCdn8zXKTTJRN_LfoCjNY/edit?pli=1#

Awesome. Pretty easy to understand with the horse betting analogy, something I know a lot about :)

Offline changematey

• View Profile
Isn't it very easy to fake market depth?

How? If you put in "fake" bids/asks they can still get matched, and if you cancel them then the "fake" market depth is no longer there and trading stops

If you are talking about a small or new asset, what is to stop me from creating it then populating the exchange with orders that I both buy and sell with various idents?   Those trades would really happen, and my only cost would be the tx fees.  At the point the market bootstraps, I win! my asset is trading at the expense of others.  If I fail what did it cost me besides the tx fees?

How is this at the expense of others? Also you need depth, not volume, so you could only bootstrap an asset if you had enough total % of stake.
In a very basic penny trade operation, what really happens is a group of people hold maximum of the security. So they can create a market depth and trade within themselves raising the price at the expense of others.

Example assume security currently at 0.001 BTS. A total of 6 people hold majority of the security - x,y,z,a,b,c with say 100 bts between them.
So what they do is - x sells to y sells to z sells to a sells to b sells to c sells to x..... with each increasing tick of 0.0001 bts. Same bts can be circulated and reused to do another buy operation.

Now for a causal observer it is increasing prices = profit so many people will start to jump in. So while the cost will not "only" be the fees but once it is picked up by market, I can slowly unload my shares and run away.

Offline onceuponatime

Is there somewhere I can read to find out how these prices track the actual price of the commodity traded? Or someone explain it here. Can't get my head around it at the moment.

The White Paper is here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RLcjSXWuU9vBJzzqLEXVACSCdn8zXKTTJRN_LfoCjNY/edit?pli=1#

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline cygnify

• View Profile

Offline bodenliu

• View Profile
i would suggest to go with only bitBTC and bitUSD at the very first begining.

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile
The idea is to have a very small number of BitAssets until they are very well understood. I3 can help bootstrap BitUSD and one or two others and those are the only ones that will trade except for by overwhelming demand. The original plan was just to have 3 bitassets anyway.

+5% Cool bananas   :D

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Any BitAsset with enough market depth will be tradeable. Anybody can "propose" a new BitAsset at any time.
We can "pre-register" a bunch of BitAssets for the sole purpose of preventing anyone from issuing an asset with a name/ticker of something you would expect to be market-pegged.

Please help us crowdsource a list of assets that should be market pegged.

We need:

* Name
* Symbol
* Precise Description (needs to be specific to have a price - "1 ounce 99.9% gold", maybe even "delivered to NYSE within 1 week")
* Precision: how many decimal places this asset needs

Currencies:

AUD (Australia)
BitAUD
BAUD
One Australian Dollar
Precision: 8

BDT (Bangladesh)
BitBDT
BBDT
One Bangladesh Taka

BRL (Brazil)
BitBRL
BBRL
One Brazilian Real

CAD (Canada)
BitCAD
BCAD
One Canadian Dollar

CNY (China)
BitCNY
BCNY
One Chinese Yuan

EUR (Europe)
BitEURO
BERO
One Euro

GBP (United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland)
BitGBP
BGBP
One Great British Pound

IDR (Indonesia)
BitIDR
BIDR
One Indonesian Rupia

INR (India)
BitINR
BINR
One  Indian Rupee

JPY (Japan)
BitJPY
BJPY
One Japanese Yen

KRW (South Korea)
BitKRW
BKRW
One South Korean Won

MXN (Mexico)
BitMXN
BMXN
One Mexican Peso

NGN (Nigeria)
BitNGN
BNGN
One Nigerian Naira

PHP (Philippines)
BitPHP
BPHP
One Philippine Peso

PKR (Pakistan)
BitPKR
BPKR
One Pakistani Rupee

RUR (Russia)
BitRUR
BRUR
One Russian Ruble

USD (United States of America)
BitUSD
BUSD
One United States Dollar

VND (Vietnam)
BitVND
BVND
One Vietnam Dong

Crypto:

Bitcoin
BitBTC
BBTC
One Bitcoin

Litecoin
BitLTC
BLTC
One Litecoin

Peercoin
BitPPC
BPPC
One Peercoin

Stock Indices:
Global (MSCI World)
China (SSE Composite Index)
India (BSE)
Europe (Eurostoxx 50)
USA (DJIA)
Indonesia (IHSG)
Brasil (Ibovespa)

Commodities:
Copper
Gold
Silver
Crude Oil

Those, plus I'd throw on a few more currencies which are particularly important to the world economic system, particularly large regions of it:

Swiss Franc (CHF, Switzerland)
BitCHF
BCHF
One Swiss Franc

Saudi Riyal (SAR, Saudi Arabia)
BitSAR
BSAR
One Saudi Riyal (a.k.a 'barrel of oil'...just kidding)

South African Rand (ZAR, South Africa)
BitZAR
BZAR
One South African Rand

Swedish Krona (SEK, Sweden)
BitSEK
BSEK
One Swedish Krona

etc...

merockstar

Any BitAsset with enough market depth will be tradeable. Anybody can "propose" a new BitAsset at any time.
We can "pre-register" a bunch of BitAssets for the sole purpose of preventing anyone from issuing an asset with a name/ticker of something you would expect to be market-pegged.

Please help us crowdsource a list of assets that should be market pegged.

We need:

* Name
* Symbol
* Precise Description (needs to be specific to have a price - "1 ounce 99.9% gold", maybe even "delivered to NYSE within 1 week")
* Precision: how many decimal places this asset needs

Currencies:

AUD (Australia)
BitAUD
BAUD
One Australian Dollar

BDT (Bangladesh)
BitBDT
BBDT
One Bangladesh Taka

BRL (Brazil)
BitBRL
BBRL
One Brazilian Real

CAD (Canada)
BitCAD
BCAD
One Canadian Dollar

CNY (China)
BitCNY
BCNY
One Chinese Yuan

EUR (Europe)
BitEURO
BERO
One Euro

GBP (United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland)
BitGBP
BGBP
One Great British Pound

IDR (Indonesia)
BitIDR
BIDR
One Indonesian Rupia

INR (India)
BitINR
BINR
One  Indian Rupee

JPY (Japan)
BitJPY
BJPY
One Japanese Yen

KRW (South Korea)
BitKRW
BKRW
One South Korean Won

MXN (Mexico)
BitMXN
BMXN
One Mexican Peso

NGN (Nigeria)
BitNGN
BNGN
One Nigerian Naira

PHP (Philippines)
BitPHP
BPHP
One Philippine Peso

PKR (Pakistan)
BitPKR
BPKR
One Pakistani Rupee

RUR (Russia)
BitRUR
BRUR
One Russian Ruble

USD (United States of America)
BitUSD
BUSD
One United States Dollar

VND (Vietnam)
BitVND
BVND
One Vietnam Dong

Crypto:

Bitcoin
BitBTC
BBTC
One Bitcoin

Litecoin
BitLTC
BLTC
One Litecoin

Peercoin
BitPPC
BPPC
One Peercoin

Stock Indices:
Global (MSCI World)
China (SSE Composite Index)
India (BSE)
Europe (Eurostoxx 50)
USA (DJIA)
Indonesia (IHSG)
Brasil (Ibovespa)

Commodities:
Copper
Gold
Silver
Crude Oil

Offline toast

• View Profile
The idea is to have a very small number of BitAssets until they are very well understood. I3 can help bootstrap BitUSD and one or two others and those are the only ones that will trade except for by overwhelming demand. The original plan was just to have 3 bitassets anyway.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline fluxer555

• View Profile
If a minimum market depth of 5% of all BTSX (200,000) is required for trading, this raises a few concerns for me.

This sets a hard cap on the number of BitAssets are trading at a given moment at 20. And, this is could only be achieved if all BTSX were used in trading (no-one holding BTSX) and were exactly evenly distributed among those 20 markets. The realistic cap is probably much lower.

In fact, I don't even know if 5% of all BTSX will ever be committed for trade in any single BitAsset. I think it's possible that 99% of all BTSX will remain as BTSX.

5% is a lot. A more realistic percentage would be prone to market manipulation... what's the solution?

Offline toast

• View Profile

How? If you put in "fake" bids/asks they can still get matched, and if you cancel them then the "fake" market depth is no longer there and trading stops

If you are talking about a small or new asset, what is to stop me from creating it then populating the exchange with orders that I both buy and sell with various idents?   Those trades would really happen, and my only cost would be the tx fees.  At the point the market bootstraps, I win! my asset is trading at the expense of others.  If I fail what did it cost me besides the tx fees?

How is this at the expense of others? Also you need depth, not volume, so you could only bootstrap an asset if you had enough total % of stake.

Offline bytemaster

That would be volume not depth.    You cannot fake depth with less than 5% of the stake. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline toast

• View Profile
I wonder if there is way to deal with user issued assets that attempt to trick users with similar looking names.

They'll be clearly distinguished in UI, but yes, this concern is part of why we are asking for a list