Author Topic: dac clarificaiton  (Read 4524 times)

Offline bitcointalk

• View Profile
thanks to all that commented. that helped greatly

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
For more information you can also read through the wiki page on AGS:
http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/BitShares_AGS

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
So far we have six examples where independent developers have decided, for their own reasons, to give between 10% and 50% of their tokens to people who have proven a willingness to donate to developers.

You can read this short article, http://bitshares.org/bitshares-airdrop-theory/, to get an idea why targeted promotions like this are viewed as much better way to distribute such tokens than traditional methods favoring those who have a knowledge or computing advantage over those who would naturally be a DACs strongest supporters.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Agent86

• BTSX: agent86
    • View Profile
potentially interested.

just need some clarificaiton

What can I do with AngelShares?
AngelShares will get you a stake in all DACs created and sponsored by Invictus and other teams who use their code

so, what happens if other teams do not use the code by DACs, do we not get a share at all?

also, is it a guaranteed 10% share?

thank you
Technically Invictus is a software company and other entities launch DACs using their software.  Technically Bitshares AGS (AngelShares) are a pure donation with no guarantee of anything.  Invictus is a real company and the developers are not anonymous.  There are reasons from a legal standpoint that those distinctions must be made clear.  The theory is that the market will reject DACs that don't honor the people that donated to fund the development of the software, and that a bare minimum of 10% is a reasonable assumption.

Offline bitcointalk

• View Profile
potentially interested.

just need some clarificaiton

What can I do with AngelShares?
AngelShares will get you a stake in all DACs created and sponsored by Invictus and other teams who use their code

so, what happens if other teams do not use the code by DACs, do we not get a share at all?

also, is it a guaranteed 10% share?

thank you