Author Topic: BTSX Sales Brochure  (Read 5449 times)

Offline Agent86

• BTSX: agent86
    • View Profile
i see your point, however i think the word 'funding' is ambiguous enough to encompass all kinds of capital raising activities - donations included
You're probably right, I initially had it as "seed capital"...  I doubt it's a big deal one way or another and I can change it.

Offline solaaire

• praise the sun!
    • View Profile
i see your point, however i think the word 'funding' is ambiguous enough to encompass all kinds of capital raising activities - donations included

Offline Agent86

• View Profile
its concise and easy to follow

my one suggestion might be changing the word 'donation' to 'funding' - makes it sound a bit more serious business venture and less of a charity case  imo :)
Yea, I was going to write it more like that but I thought the technical party line is that AGS are pure donations and are not an investment so I wrote it that way in case it was better not to imply otherwise.

Offline solaaire

• praise the sun!
    • View Profile
its concise and easy to follow

my one suggestion might be changing the word 'donation' to 'funding' - makes it sound a bit more serious business venture and less of a charity case  imo :)

context: " A team of dedicated developers have been assembled and over $5 million in donations was raised to grow the BitShares vision."
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 01:27:28 am by solaaire »

Offline Agent86

• View Profile
Hey guys, this is my rough draft for a BitShares X sales brochure (text only).  I wrote it for use at bitcoin conferences.  I just want to see any feedback.  I'm not sure if others have already done something like this so I'm happy to look at other works to put together a good version.

BitShares X
The New Consensus

The Bitcoin community share a belief that decentralized consensus technology will change the world in profound ways.  Bitshares X is an ambitious project born from this belief. Well before the recent collapse of Mt.Gox, the need for a decentralized exchange was recognized.  In 2013 Daniel Larimer, a software developer and longtime bitcoin community member, conceived of an idea for a decentralized exchange that would allow trading derivative assets that track the value of real-world assets, such as gold or USD, without counterparty risk or trusted price feeds.  A mechanism similar to a prediction market was designed which rewards traders who push the price toward consensus.

It has been over a year since this idea was formed and a massive effort has been undertaken to bring BitShares X to market.  Along the way, a new vision of the future of blockchain technology has emerged.  Mining has been eliminated from the consensus algorithm in favor of delegated proof of stake.  This eliminates the costly overhead of mining and potential for centralization of mining pools.  A team of dedicated developers have been assembled and over $5 million in donations was raised to grow the BitShares vision.  BitShares X is expected to launch within the month.  BitShares X is an open source project and public testnets of the software are currently running.  To find out more please visit bitshares-x.info and bitsharestalk.org.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 01:06:33 am by Agent86 »