Author Topic: -BETA- BitShares XT Wallet Download and Feedback thread [Mac 0.1.2] [Win 0.1.0]  (Read 15790 times)

Offline hadrian

• View Profile
  • BitShares: hadrian
Two suggestions for consideration.

• Make it so that users have to save changes to their "Approve" selections. The idea is that it will protect from accidental changes which would be both undesirable and a PITA. The downside is that some may find that having to remember to save changes is a PITA
  • Add the ability to "Deselect All" for the "Approve" selections. The idea is that the list is very long and a user may want to start from scratch with their selections.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline bytemaster

win7 machine using http web_wallet shows incorrect latency..mine is showing 48710d

Fixed already.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline jbutta2k13

• View Profile
win7 machine using http web_wallet shows incorrect latency..mine is showing 48710d
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 06:42:27 pm by jbutta2k13 »

Offline bytemaster

Create a New Wallet...
Password need more than 8 characters.
So it needs at least a 9 characters password to create a new wallet.
Please write it needs "9 or more" characters and not "more than 8".
The written number should be the min password length on first view without thinking about it.
https://github.com/BitShares/web_wallet/issues/141
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline solaaire

• praise the sun!
    • View Profile
 +5% +5% +5%

wow. lots of great suggestions in this thread! big thanks to everyone

edit: forgot to mention - updated the OP with new feedback
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 08:02:08 am by solaaire »

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
Can we have ability to sort delegates based on their reliability?

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mrjeans
- Add 'first time user' screens which guide and prompt new users to register a BitShares account/address immediately
- Hide the Console from 'regular' users
- Password recovery?
- Improve delegate payout notification/visibility
- [Block Explorer] Add ability to "watch" addresses balances.
+5%

I have gone through the wallet with my mom (who doesnt know much about bitcoin) to get feedback:

Add 'first time user' screens for the entire GUI

Control of wallets without having to
C:>Users>Admin>AppData>Roaming
Delete wallet from UI and start new wallet. Multiple wallets.
I see Solaaire had to help multiple users (including me) with this hint. I knew what he was talking about when I got the hint but most non bitcoin users wont.
Most users would like to open a temp account and mess around a bit before using it with their money. But then you end up being stuck with your temp account.

Help section should have links to useful information.

The 'create account' button and other green push buttons are too dull. It gives the appearance that they cannot be pressed at this time.

Gravatar links broken. The name Gravatar makes it sound like this is a fake world with fake money and we playing a game.

On the overview: Daily income, daily burn, daily expense. This is confusing? A new user needs to come on and understand the important parts imminently, like with internet banking. Is my money being burnt in the daily burn? Income, is this a pozi scheme like bitcoin?
The accounts page may be better on top.

Hope that was somewhat useful. Exciting times

38PTSWarrior

Windows version using Wine on latest Ubuntu

After startup the widow changed from Overview to Create New Account but i didn't click anywhere and just moved the mouse. After creating the account everything is normal. The lock screen is nice. Cool and clean, only one field on the screen.

It seems that normal words (account names) can be used instead of the long numbers of bitcoin wallets. Thats cool because the long numbers are not so pretty.

Niiiiice

+5%

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1
HEIGHT   TIME         TRANSACTION COUNT     DELEGATE                    LATENCY            SIZE
20749    2014年7月12日 GMT+8上午11:30:20     0    delegate-alt    49710d 6h 27m 59s   182
Missing 2 Blocks   2014年7月12日 GMT+8上午11:30:00 - 2014年7月12日 GMT+8上午11:30:10   
20748    2014年7月12日 GMT+8上午11:29:50     0    spartako6    13s   182

there is some problem of windows (OS is win7 64) version
can sync to newest block when first start the client , but cannot go on to syncing while client are opening.
and the client show I have 8 connected node.  I also run a  VM Ubuntu system in same computer , the client in Ubuntu system can sync.

,you can see the latency time show as red color above, is very larger value, so I doubt that maybe it is  overflow.

Latency bug has already been fixed in latest code.   CPU load while syncing is an issue that is mostly there because of our stress testing and wouldn't likely be there in a live network.
+5%
github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
HEIGHT   TIME         TRANSACTION COUNT     DELEGATE                    LATENCY            SIZE
20749    2014年7月12日 GMT+8上午11:30:20     0    delegate-alt    49710d 6h 27m 59s   182

can sync to newest block when first start the client , but cannot go on to syncing while client are opening.
and the client show I have 8 connected node.  I also run a  VM Ubuntu system in same computer , the client in Ubuntu system can sync.

,you can see the latency time show as red color above, is very larger value, so I doubt that maybe it is  overflow.
I think time of my computer was later,  the client can sync after I synced time of computer.
maybe there also is a bug when client run in a computer with wrong time

Offline bytemaster

Latency bug has already been fixed in latest code.   CPU load while syncing is an issue that is mostly there because of our stress testing and wouldn't likely be there in a live network.   

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile

« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 03:49:51 am by BTSdac »

Offline Yuzu

• View Profile
The Mac wallet opens fine for me, but crashes unexpectedly.  There doesn't seem to be any way to copy the account key to the clipboard.  Other than that it looks very gorgeous.

Offline jbutta2k13

• View Profile
Having a problem with the windows client. i am getting unkowns on my client...I sent the funds yesterday to 3 delegates.
also, it seems the the RPC server is causing the clietn to crash on my win7 machine.

Offline bdnoble

• View Profile
    • Home Page

Bitshares XT
Dry Run 9:Soon.
Dry Run 10:Very Soon.
Dry Run 11: Very Very Soon.
Dry Run 12: Very Very Very Soon.
Dry Run 13: Very Very Very Very Soon.
Dry Run X:Bye.

Dry Runs will continue as we add new features.... in parallel a team is preparing BTSX.
So that is what it is,thanks for your explain.Can we see the official BTSX version be released this month?

I would bet 75% chance at this stage.    They are waiting for the issues discovered in Dry Run 8 to be resolved such as Delegate Pay, Connection Issues.   There is also the potential that I may get the order matching implemented this week.   It then becomes an issue of deciding to launch and then fork a month later, wait.   I think DACS Unlimited is aiming for the final day of AGS/PTS to launch... but all of this is subject to conditions on the ground as testing finds things.

Any chance of getting some official info about DACS Unlimited? Unless I missed something they were first mentioned in the last newsletter, and we've had some snippets here and there, but nothing like a proper announcement. They have a website but it's only in Chinese, and the design/content/performance of that site doesn't really inspire confidence.

Who are they?
Why were they chosen to launch BTSX?
Will they focus purely on marketing, or will they also do coding and "maintenance" of the DAC?

+5%

I agree there is very little info about this decision. I understand the idea of having someone else release the software to avoid conflicts of interest, but how can we trust this group?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:)