Author Topic: -BETA- BitShares XT Wallet Download and Feedback thread [Mac 0.1.2] [Win 0.1.0]  (Read 15787 times)

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mrjeans
In installed the wallet previously and then just typed randomly on the screen for the password (I assumed I would not need it again as just testing the software).
I have uninstalled the old wallet and re-installed the wallet using the link provided in this thread.
It asks for my password which I cant remember and now I'm stuck out of the programme.
Perhaps a function that will allow multiple accounts on one computer would be good.
Or allow the user to delete a previous user account and open a new one.

I would like to comment on the UI. How do I access the wallet? Thanks

- uninstall current "the old wallet"
- delete file "C:\Users\"you"\AppData\Roaming\BitShares XTS"
- "re-install the wallet using the link provided in this thread"

- enjoy
Fantastic, that makes sense. The wallet looks so very different from the usual wallets I forgot the normal trouble shooting.

The BitsharesX wallet should have a user friendly way of solving the issue I had. 

Offline svk

Bitshares XT
Dry Run 9:Soon.
Dry Run 10:Very Soon.
Dry Run 11: Very Very Soon.
Dry Run 12: Very Very Very Soon.
Dry Run 13: Very Very Very Very Soon.
Dry Run X:Bye.

Dry Runs will continue as we add new features.... in parallel a team is preparing BTSX.
So that is what it is,thanks for your explain.Can we see the official BTSX version be released this month?

I would bet 75% chance at this stage.    They are waiting for the issues discovered in Dry Run 8 to be resolved such as Delegate Pay, Connection Issues.   There is also the potential that I may get the order matching implemented this week.   It then becomes an issue of deciding to launch and then fork a month later, wait.   I think DACS Unlimited is aiming for the final day of AGS/PTS to launch... but all of this is subject to conditions on the ground as testing finds things.

Any chance of getting some official info about DACS Unlimited? Unless I missed something they were first mentioned in the last newsletter, and we've had some snippets here and there, but nothing like a proper announcement. They have a website but it's only in Chinese, and the design/content/performance of that site doesn't really inspire confidence.

Who are they?
Why were they chosen to launch BTSX?
Will they focus purely on marketing, or will they also do coding and "maintenance" of the DAC?
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline CalabiYau

In installed the wallet previously and then just typed randomly on the screen for the password (I assumed I would not need it again as just testing the software).
I have uninstalled the old wallet and re-installed the wallet using the link provided in this thread.
It asks for my password which I cant remember and now I'm stuck out of the programme.
Perhaps a function that will allow multiple accounts on one computer would be good.

- uninstall current "the old wallet"
- delete file "C:\Users\"you"\AppData\Roaming\BitShares XTS"
- "re-install the wallet using the link provided in this thread"

- enjoy

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mrjeans

Offline CalabiYau

Still getting this on the new release: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=5303.msg71623#msg71623

Haven't been able to run anything on my home computer. Got it to work on amazon EC2.

Might want to look into this eventually, since most people won't want to pay Amazon to even see the wallet. It's been frustrating trying to figure it out, but nothing I do works. Open ports, firewall, restart, router port forwarding, download from different browsers etc... still doesn't want to work.

Sometimes it helps in win7 to use the "run as administrator" option on install and running the program.

Ggozzo

Still getting this on the new release: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=5303.msg71623#msg71623

Haven't been able to run anything on my home computer. Got it to work on amazon EC2.

Might want to look into this eventually, since most people won't want to pay Amazon to even see the wallet. It's been frustrating trying to figure it out, but nothing I do works. Open ports, firewall, restart, router port forwarding, download from different browsers etc... still doesn't want to work.

Offline bytemaster

With TITAN, no one can see the balance of others, that's quite different from bitcoin.

From the documentation: (https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares_toolkit/wiki/AYNTK_TITAN)

Are read-only/watch-only keys possible with TITAN?

Yes. The basic support is already in place.

I don't think the first version will have the read-only key, it will be upgraded to support this in later version. My understanding of this quote is that there is no design problem, just to implement it.

For scalability reasons I do not think observer keys are the desired solution.   We have something else in mind.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline bytemaster

Bitshares XT

Dry Runs will continue as we add new features.... in parallel a team is preparing BTSX.
So that is what it is,thanks for your explain.Can we see the official BTSX version be released this month?

I would bet 75% chance at this stage.    They are waiting for the issues discovered in Dry Run 8 to be resolved such as Delegate Pay, Connection Issues.   There is also the potential that I may get the order matching implemented this week.   It then becomes an issue of deciding to launch and then fork a month later, wait.   I think DACS Unlimited is aiming for the final day of AGS/PTS to launch... but all of this is subject to conditions on the ground as testing finds things.

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile
With TITAN, no one can see the balance of others, that's quite different from bitcoin.

From the documentation: (https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares_toolkit/wiki/AYNTK_TITAN)

Are read-only/watch-only keys possible with TITAN?

Yes. The basic support is already in place.

I don't think the first version will have the read-only key, it will be upgraded to support this in later version. My understanding of this quote is that there is no design problem, just to implement it.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

lzr1900

Bitshares XT

Offline bytemaster

Bitshares XT

lzr1900

Bitshares XT

Offline ninja

• View Profile
How can I join to the testing? Could I have some XTS to test the sending and reciveing?

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile
I'm exceptionally bad with computers.

I downloaded it, double clicked download, it auto-installed and was going to auto-start

Splash screen came up for a few seconds then a pop up said 'BitSharesXT.exe has stopped working'

Tried starting it again afterwards,  splash screen comes up for few sec then disappears.

Deleted App Data, roaming - BitSharesXTS file as suggested earlier in the thread - but same thing happens, 1st start up says it's stopped working after flash screen and following start ups just show flash screen for a few seconds then disappears.

I'm using windows 7 64 bit

Offline wesphily

• View Profile
I would like to consider myself technically inclined. I have yet to be able to successfully open the wallet. I've done everything short of wiping my computer completely. If this is on purpose then that is fine. If not then a solution really needs to be found. I have brought this up before but, it was not really looked into.

windows 7 pro 64bit.

Have you tried deleting the BitSharesXT folder located in C:>Users>Admin>AppData>Roaming and starting the client?

Yes. I don't know everything about IT but, I would like to think that I've done everything a person can do with a mouse. This means that I have not modified registry settings, changed items inside of a file, or reformatted my pc.

i am sorry to hear this. i am confident that future releases will work with your rig, but for now I think you may be stuck playing the waiting game.

could you describe your issue further: when you open the client, does a splash screen appear briefly, or does absolutely nothing happen? After you attempt to run the application, can you see any BitShares processes running in the background when you press control+alt+delete ?

The version previous to the current would open up and disappear. The version before that did nothing. The current version shows the initial splash screen for a few seconds. Shortly after I get a windows error "application not responding."