Author Topic: -BETA- BitShares XT Wallet Download and Feedback thread [Mac 0.1.2] [Win 0.1.0]  (Read 15922 times)

Offline betax

• View Profile
Some feedback:
I was unable to load my multibit wallet using the windows client.
I was able to import using private keys.

+5% on the back button

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline wesphily

• View Profile
I would like to consider myself technically inclined. I have yet to be able to successfully open the wallet. I've done everything short of wiping my computer completely. If this is on purpose then that is fine. If not then a solution really needs to be found. I have brought this up before but, it was not really looked into.

windows 7 pro 64bit.

Have you tried deleting the BitSharesXT folder located in C:>Users>Admin>AppData>Roaming and starting the client?

Yes. I don't know everything about IT but, I would like to think that I've done everything a person can do with a mouse. This means that I have not modified registry settings, changed items inside of a file, or reformatted my pc.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 12:11:17 pm by wesphily »

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
On the overview let people navigate threw bitshares wiki inside the client browser!

http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/Main_Page

Offline solaaire

• praise the sun!
    • View Profile
I would like to consider myself technically inclined. I have yet to be able to successfully open the wallet. I've done everything short of wiping my computer completely. If this is on purpose then that is fine. If not then a solution really needs to be found. I have brought this up before but, it was not really looked into.

windows 7 pro 64bit.

Have you tried deleting the BitSharesXT folder located in C:>Users>Admin>AppData>Roaming and starting the client?

Offline wesphily

• View Profile

windows 7 pro 64bit.

Offline solaaire

• praise the sun!
    • View Profile
Needed: an option to scroll through the earlier console commands used with up/down arrow keys.

It also crashes on my 2nd machine.

quick note: i will add things to the OP as they are posted. good suggestion

sumantso

Needed: an option to scroll through the earlier console commands used with up/down arrow keys.

It also crashes on my 2nd machine.

Offline solaaire

• praise the sun!
    • View Profile
OFFICIAL DOWNLOAD LINKS
REMINDER: This software is still in BETA and is for testing purposes only
Mac OS X: http://bitshares.org/BitSharesXT-0.1.2.dmg
Windows: http://bitshares.org/BitSharesXT-0.1.0.exe

One of the first and most important customer-facing aspects of the BitShares ecosystem is starting to look pretty good - the wallet!

...but it is not quite finished yet. Here's where we can help: as you might know an intuitive user experience is (just one of many) critical aspects of attracting users to a brand, so lets talk ui/ux design, bug fixes, planned updates, security, etc

QUICK NOTE: If you want to report an issue, please be sure to include a [Win] or [Mac] tag, thanks!

The Good
- It looks great, very aesthetically pleasing and far superior to any dime-a-dozen QT wallet
- Well supported, frequent client improvements and bug fixes
- Quick and responsive to inputs

Suggestions
- Add a back button that takes the user to the previous page (similar to a web browser back button)
- Add informational ecosystem links to the Help section - there's a lot to learn about BitShares and it can get overwhelming, directing people to the new wiki may help guide some lost souls
- Add 'first time user' screens which guide and prompt new users to register a BitShares account/address immediately
- Hide the Console from 'regular' users
- An option to scroll through the earlier console commands used with up/down arrow keys
- Password recovery?
- Improve delegate payout notification/visibility
- [Block Explorer] Add ability to "watch" addresses balances.
- [Command Line] If a command line produces an error, instead of showing "Command aborted." Just run help <command> and show how it should be used.
- A button that copies the Account Key to clipboard
- Ability to control private keys through GUI rather than navigating through hidden folders on the OS
- Temp/trial accounts for new users to test waters (perhaps give a very small bit of XTS upon wallet registration for the first couple of weeks to promote conversion)
- New KPIs on the Overview tab that are more user-friendly
- Option to sort delegates by reliability
- Better description for password creation requirements
- Make it so that users have to save changes to their "Approve" selections. The idea is that it will protect from accidental changes which would be both undesirable and a PITA. The downside is that some may find that having to remember to save changes is a PITA
- Add the ability to "Deselect All" for the "Approve" selections. The idea is that the list is very long and a user may want to start from scratch with their selections.

Bugs/Issues
-  Need more descriptive and user friendly error messages
- [Win] Typo: When unlocking a wallet, the client says "Scanning transaltions", it should say "Scanning transactions"
- [Win] Toggle vote up does not appear to function properly
- [Win] The tooltip that is supposed to display when you hover over "Blocks are synced" in the bottom right corner is a bit finicky and requires too much finesse to trigger
- [Win] Right clicking on images (eg the BitShares logo) brings up an incorrect context menu related to the images temselves
- [Win] Names do not appear in the Unregistered tab of the Directory
- [Win] Selected favorites do not appear in the Unregistered tab of the Directory
- [Win] Unable to load multibit wallet
- [Win] Application does not close correctly and needs to be shut down through task manager
- [Win] The "Daily Income", "Daily Expenses", and "Daily Burn" panels have values of "inf" and "Nan" on first load, until you get synced maybe
- [Mac] Client force closes at random
- [Mac] Errors when closing application
- Gravatar?
- Wallet Account Transaction Ledger displays ERROR for market transactions, that is a display bug.
- The volume metric on the price history is hardcoded to 1... coming soon  :)
- Wallet Account Transaction Ledger does not currently display an entry showing your collateral returned to your account after covering a short position.  (A display issue)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 11:14:41 pm by solaaire »