Author Topic: Loaning registration fee?  (Read 996 times)

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
I think the basic idea in development is to link accounts to email addresses.  This will allow users to register for free while preventing spammers from doing too much harm.  Til then you can use the demo wallets, or as for funds in onces thread.  Not the end of the world.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
For me it look like, one of the most frustrating thing in starting with the bitshares wallet ist to register the account. At the moment you need 1 BTSX to register the name, so some or many will download and just deinstall it, without a second thought.

so my  +5% to solve this:

1. we don't like to give it for free, because auf name squatting - thats fine.
2. could we just register without the fee for - say 4 days - in this time you have to transfer funds to your account, and the 1 btsx fee will automaticly reduced from the recieved funds! if you don't fund the account in this 4 days, your name will not registered. We can limit this doing per name for the first time, if it was not registered in this way in the first step, after this this name can only get registered with the process now used.