Author Topic: Question: Will all Bitshares on bter being scaled up to 500 times?  (Read 3126 times)

Offline ninja

• View Profile
Just think of it in terms of %.  So yes, all balances everywhere will be scaled up.

toast just to understand.

i have 1000btsx from 2.28 snapshot.

if i deposit on bter they automatically scale up my 1000btsx to 500000?
or i do need to do somethings to scale up?

thank you.

You can not deposit right now your BTSX to any exchange because nobody has a BTSX wallet with valid BTSX address.(that includes exchanges and individuals)
You must wait the announcement of the original BTSX chain and then download the wallet from bitshares.org (the wallets on existence right now are only test/beta wallets with XTS "fake"coins)
The exchanges have made only tradable the number of BTSX they will receive in future because their customers had PTS there on the snapshot day 28/2/2014(so they know allready how much BTSX they will receive) . So right now we are talking about IOUS and not real BTSX. Even if you buy BTSX from the exchanges you will not have the option to withdraw them for the exact same reasons(only after BTSX is official out).When day is come you will get the correct number of BTSX (scaled up x500) on your personal BTSX wallet and then you can sent them where ever you want.... (correct me please if I am wrong toast)  :)

It's very clear for me. Thank you very much for the clarification.  +5% +5%

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

Offline unsoindovo

• View Profile

You can not deposit right now your BTSX to any exchange because nobody has a BTSX wallet with valid BTSX address.(that includes exchanges and individuals)
You must wait the announcement of the original BTSX chain and then download the wallet from bitshares.org (the wallets on existence right now are only test/beta wallets with XTS "fake"coins)
The exchanges have made only tradable the number of BTSX they will receive in future because their customers had PTS there on the snapshot day 28/2/2014(so they know allready how much BTSX they will receive) . So right now we are talking about IOUS and not real BTSX. Even if you buy BTSX from the exchanges you will not have the option to withdraw them for the exact same reasons(only after BTSX is official out).When day is come you will get the correct number of BTSX (scaled up x500) on your personal BTSX wallet and then you can sent them where ever you want.... (correct me please if I am wrong toast)  :)

thank you very much liondani!!!!

really a good explanation  +5% +5% +5% +5%

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info
Just think of it in terms of %.  So yes, all balances everywhere will be scaled up.

thank you.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 08:37:28 am by liondani »

Offline unsoindovo

• View Profile

thank you.

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

Offline omgomgomg

• View Profile

thanks Toast! just wanna to be sure~  :)

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline omgomgomg

• View Profile
Not sure I understand your question. There have never been any deposits. The only BTSX on bter are from the Feb28 PTS shapshot.

when u import ur key, u get bitshares in ur wallet, then you transfer it to bter. bter scaled up 500 times because the total amount raised from 4 milion to 2 bilion.

my question is do all btsx holder get the scaling?

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
Not sure I understand your question. There have never been any deposits. The only BTSX on bter are from the Feb28 PTS shapshot.
Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline omgomgomg

• View Profile
Will all Bitshares on bter being scaled up to 500 times or just for those who had already deposited their bitshares on bter before bter changed 4 million to 2 billion?

I still can't manage to import my private key to work on 1.0 windows wallet.