Author Topic: Question regarding wallet/shares management for the long term  (Read 1990 times)

Offline Zen

• The future is going to be awesome
    • View Profile
Hmm... if they can come up with 100,000 ideas for new DACs they're doing better than me!

I would imagine that if it got unwieldy though there would be options, both third party, and Keyhotee.

The idea was that there aren't 100,000 separate and distinct ideas but rather multiples of each idea because people would create competing DACs based on the idea they could do better, or perhaps operate in a way that fulfills a particular niche.

merockstar

Hmm... if they can come up with 100,000 ideas for new DACs they're doing better than me!

I would imagine that if it got unwieldy though there would be options, both third party, and Keyhotee.

Offline Zen

• View Profile
That's right Keyhotee will be a Swiss army knife of features; identity, email, browser, and apparently multi-wallet capable.

Thanks gyhy, its been a while since i last looked at the Keyhotee project.

Offline Zen

• View Profile
Hey all! Long timer lurker here with a question regarding wallet/shares management for the long term.

Quote taken from http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/Sharedrops_and_Snapshots
When holders of PTS and AGS see that you've done this [honored the consensus] they can download the client for your new DAC and there will be an easy to use tool made available that you can point at the wallets you're using to donate to Angelshares or to hold an honored currency, which will communicate to the new DAC that you are the holder of those coins, and you'll get credited the balance.

Say 10 years from now when there are 100,000 DACs and each decides to honor the social consensus for PTS/AGS holders.

Does this mean PTS/AGS holders will have to download and maintain 100,000 clients/wallets? Or will there be some other mechanism/management program to see/store/use them all together?

I apologize if this has been answered before, but i need some clarification. Thanks all!