Author Topic: BTS X is Live  (Read 53594 times)

Offline happyshares

• View Profile
this may sound stupid: I have been all over the wallet, but i cannot find the deposit address for receiving BTSX funds.
can someone please advise?

Hi, enter

Code: [Select]
wallet_list_my_accounts
then you should be able to see your receiving addresses.

Offline raleit2014

• View Profile
this may sound stupid: I have been all over the wallet, but i cannot find the deposit address for receiving BTSX funds.
can someone please advise?

sumantso

Using Windows GUI and its stuck on block 5285.

Offline dxtr

• United We Stand, Dispersed We Are.
    • View Profile
In my case I had no trouble at all importing both bitcoin/protoshares wallet and private keys.
Neither had I any troubles with wallet_import_keyhotee command. All worked smooth.

It was performed on Ubuntu 12.04 and 14.04.
Help me out:     wallet_approve_delegate mr.scroodge true

Offline Riverhead

I was able to successfully import my PTS wallet private key into one account. I have used the key (not the file).

+5%

Offline Ykw

• View Profile
I was able to successfully import my PTS wallet private key into one account. I have used the key (not the file).

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
when doing step 1) I open my pts wallet and make a backup. I placed the .dat file on my desktop. I drag the .dat file into the wallet path and it gives me a error "RPC Server Error: In method 'wallet_import_bitcoin': Db::open: Bad address (13) . What am I missing?

does it have "file:///" in front of it?

lose that.
ding ding.......it had file:/// In front, worked perfect. Now I have to figure out electrum and ags. Thanks a million btsx :D

AGS works the same way as your PTS wallet. import the wallet.dat you donated from in the same manner.

my understanding is that there's an option for electrum wallet file types in there somewhere (advanced tab, import)

Ok found the electrum tab and import the wallet (-c:///....glitch?) but I get a error "RPC Server Error: In method 'wallet_import_electrum': Parse Error (4)"    .

Offline ag

• View Profile
one thing I can't figure out regarding DPOS. Since stake equals the value of txins in a transaction, opposed to value * coin age, why cannot one not loop transactions to themselves, in order to vote x delegates to the top?

The votes aren't additive by transaction.  They are allocated by BTSX.  So you can loop the transaction but your just reallocating the same votes and paying a trans fee each time.

Interesting! now I have to think on that concept. maybe this should be clarified on the wiki http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/DPOS. I certainly wasn't able to imply this fact from the article.

Offline Riverhead

one thing I can't figure out regarding DPOS. Since stake equals the value of txins in a transaction, opposed to value * coin age, why cannot one not loop transactions to themselves, in order to vote x delegates to the top?

The votes aren't additive by transaction.  They are allocated by BTSX.  So you can loop the transaction but your just reallocating the same votes and paying a trans fee each time.

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
I tried to import via the private key, (.csv) but nothing happens in the btsx client. no error no nothing. I thought this would be the easiest thing to do since I used multiple  addresses to donate from in electrum and I thought this would get them all in one fell swoop.

I am researching on how to find the wallet.dat in electrum now.

Offline ag

• View Profile

Offline onceuponatime

Did anyone tried this one yet?

wallet_import_keyhotee <firstname> <middlename> <lastname> <brainkey> <keyhoteeid>             

I tried the command line wallet_import_keyhotee and got the error message stated above. ie.:
10 assert_exception: Assert Exception
false: Account name is already registered under a different key

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=5943.0

Offline Ykw

• View Profile
Did anyone tried this one yet?

wallet_import_keyhotee <firstname> <middlename> <lastname> <brainkey> <keyhoteeid>               

merockstar

when doing step 1) I open my pts wallet and make a backup. I placed the .dat file on my desktop. I drag the .dat file into the wallet path and it gives me a error "RPC Server Error: In method 'wallet_import_bitcoin': Db::open: Bad address (13) . What am I missing?

lose that.
ding ding.......it had file:/// In front, worked perfect. Now I have to figure out electrum and ags. Thanks a million btsx :D

AGS works the same way as your PTS wallet. import the wallet.dat you donated from in the same manner.

my understanding is that there's an option for electrum wallet file types in there somewhere (advanced tab, import)

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile

lose that.