Author Topic: Can we get a tutorial on how to move AGS/PTS into BTS?  (Read 9875 times)

Offline vikram

Try a rescan after import.

I couldn't get the wallet import to work (could be user error), but I was able to get the private key exported out of MultiBit and import that to the bitshares wallet instead.  BTSx balances showed up just fine. 

Thanks

How do you find private key? Im having the same problem , I tried everything . What type of private key did you extract? (Base64, BitcoinQt,HEX)?

Format needs to be BitcoinQt/WIF.

Offline jwiz168

• View Profile

I couldn't get the wallet import to work (could be user error), but I was able to get the private key exported out of MultiBit and import that to the bitshares wallet instead.  BTSx balances showed up just fine. 

Thanks

How do you find private key? Im having the same problem , I tried everything . What type of private key did you extract? (Base64, BitcoinQt,HEX)?

Offline vikram

Thanks

We will look into it: https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares_toolkit/issues/535

Offline dpc

• View Profile

Thanks

Offline bytemaster

Hey Adam finally you have your Bitshare X wallet ... what do you do next ? Promote? Evangelized? Give some advice on newbies ?

I'm liking it so far.  Fast confirmations are fast, the user created asset interface looks damn solid and I like that it requires you to set a maximum cap and a issuance of nothing.

Ironically the privacy is a NEGATIVE for the development we're working on with the LTB platform.  We are working on something called Token Controlled Access that basically references an address the user proves to us they own, which then gives them access to content, forums, etc. based on their token holdings rather than the spending of it.

TITAN = global usernames, but we can no longer do trivially easy account lookups.

thats what the memo field is for

Memo does not work for his particular use case.    Under the hood there are normal addresses that are "public" in the sense that the block-chain sees a balance and a key.  What Adam wants is the ability for "proof of ownership" without transactions.   That is possible to implement without a hard fork.   We just need a few API calls to enable this.   
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline bytemaster

I was able to import my PTS wallet, everything worked perfectly.

I also imported my MultiBit wallet which has 2 donations to AGS BEFORE 2/28.  I got the green box confirmation saying wallet was imported, but nothing showed up.  Any specific instructions for MultiBit wallets?

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline dpc

• View Profile
I was able to import my PTS wallet, everything worked perfectly, and BTSx showed up.

I also imported my MultiBit wallet which has 2 donations to AGS BEFORE 2/28.  I got the green box confirmation saying wallet was imported, but no BTSx showed up.  Any specific instructions for MultiBit wallets?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 08:57:00 pm by dpc »

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
I'm glad it worked for you.  And I appreciate the vote.

Go to directory on the left, and then select the delegates tab over to the right.  In the filter window type in dele-puppy, and when my name shows up click the thumbs up.  Then you just have to send a transaction to get your shares voting.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline G1ng3rBr34dM4n

I'd still be interested in a tutorial as well, dragging and dropping hasn't been working for me.  Trying to import PTS wallet and get:

RPC Server Error: In method 'wallet_import_bitcoin': Db::open: No such file or directory (13)

How do you export private keys from the PTS wallet?  I've only figured out how to create backups... is that the same thing?

go to help > debug > console

then type
dumpprivkey <BitShares-PTS address>

*if your wallet is encrypted you will need to type
walletpassphrase <your password>  <timeout in seconds>

Thank you puppies! That worked for me. 
I did have my wallet encrypted, for anyone else that needs to do the same; the timeout default is 5000.

Now how can I vote for you for delegate to return the favor?  ;)

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
I'd still be interested in a tutorial as well, dragging and dropping hasn't been working for me.  Trying to import PTS wallet and get:

RPC Server Error: In method 'wallet_import_bitcoin': Db::open: No such file or directory (13)

How do you export private keys from the PTS wallet?  I've only figured out how to create backups... is that the same thing?

go to help > debug > console

then type
dumpprivkey <BitShares-PTS address>

*if your wallet is encrypted you will need to type
walletpassphrase <your password>  <timeout in seconds>
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 07:14:18 am by puppies »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline G1ng3rBr34dM4n

clout

Hey Adam finally you have your Bitshare X wallet ... what do you do next ? Promote? Evangelized? Give some advice on newbies ?

I'm liking it so far.  Fast confirmations are fast, the user created asset interface looks damn solid and I like that it requires you to set a maximum cap and a issuance of nothing.

Ironically the privacy is a NEGATIVE for the development we're working on with the LTB platform.  We are working on something called Token Controlled Access that basically references an address the user proves to us they own, which then gives them access to content, forums, etc. based on their token holdings rather than the spending of it.

TITAN = global usernames, but we can no longer do trivially easy account lookups.

thats what the memo field is for

Tuck Fheman

Regarding AGS, do we get BTSX for those donations as well and if so, how?

Edit : I just realized all my AGS donations were after 2/28, so ... I won't be seeing any BTSX for AGS (right)?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 01:07:06 am by Tuck Fheman »

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!

Email me at adam@letstalkbitcoin.com

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!
Balances don't really matter when every address floats unconnected in space, it was confusing to me because usernames seem like they would have the same thing but really the username is just a collection of addresses.  It really does seem to be "like the best bitcoin use case on privacy, but automatic and easy"
Email me at adam@letstalkbitcoin.com