Author Topic: How can one get started in BitShares X?  (Read 6111 times)

Offline optictopic

• View Profile
Click on Console link in the wallet and type:

Code: [Select]
>> wallet_list_my_accounts

NAME (* delegate)                  KEY                                                             REGISTERED            FAVORITE       APPROVED       BLOCK PRODUCTION ENABLED
bitcoiners *                       BTSX5rq5GS4q1a3TRMMekFtTf9DkKfA8urJTQPuk7Dje9HvkCALfUB          2014-07-19T19:49:50   YES            1              NO                       

You will see something similar. Give your friend address that looks like this
BTSX5rq5GS4q1a3TRMMekFtTf9DkKfA8urJTQPuk7Dje9HvkCALfUB
and have him add you to his contacts in
Directory -> Unregistered -> Add Contact

I do not know anyone who uses BTSX and as such am in the catch 22.
Name: optictopic   
Key:BTSX8AMDHoJcG3MxNXf3NxyaUnnbLeWfR9XRnnnS9AzZnTcb1iWWQX

If you would send me enough BTSX to get started I will send you 10mBTC

Offline Unshakeable Convoy

• View Profile

NAME (* delegate)                  KEY                                                             REGISTERED            FAVORITE       APPROVED       BLOCK PRODUCTION ENABLED
bitcoiners *                       BTSX5rq5GS4q1a3TRMMekFtTf9DkKfA8urJTQPuk7Dje9HvkCALfUB          2014-07-19T19:49:50   YES            1              NO                       

It worked as you said - other person had to add me to unregistered before they can send to me. That part could probably be improved but with enough documentation, I think newcomers will be fine.

Offline bitcoinerS

• View Profile

>>> approve bitcoiners

Offline Riverhead

Another option is to import a private key from a PTS wallet if you have one.

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
He needs to add you as a local address before he can send to you.   I'm at work at the moment and can't look up the command.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Unshakeable Convoy

• View Profile
I downloaded the executable, and I have a friend who is willing to send me some BTSX to try it out. However I can not register my name until he sends me some BTSX, and he can not send me BTSX until I register my name. Interesting deadlock.

Forgive the ignorance, but since this seems very different from Bitcoin, and I don't want to mess anything up.

Also I noticed there is account owner key, but then there is also account address. Which is very confusing. I had him try send to both of these, but no transaction is generated.

What gives?

Thank you!