Author Topic: Windows BTSX wallet bugs/problems report and general feedback!  (Read 22944 times)

Offline valzav

• View Profile
1.when mouseover a link the mouse "pointer" dont get to a "hand".
  I think it was better before.

2.when clicking "Transfer" and the the drop down menu on "from" only your 15 first accounts show-up, so you cant choose for example your 20th account from here.
   It would be great if on the list don't appera zero balance accounts since you can't transfer funds from them anyway....

liondani, thanks for your feedback.

#1 This makes the application to look and feel as "native" one, not a web app. All the clickable elements are still easy to distinguish from not clickable.

#2 The drop down is fixed in this commit https://github.com/BitShares/web_wallet/commit/96b007b40948abcad3c2ca94d53dfee09c6549a5 so expect to see it fixed in next release.
Good idea to exclude zero balance accounts.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
1.when mouseover a link the mouse "pointer" dont get to a "hand".
  I think it was better before.

2.when clicking "Transfer" and the the drop down menu on "from" only your 15 first accounts show-up, so you cant choose for example your 20th account from here.
   It would be great if on the list don't appera zero balance accounts since you can't transfer funds from them anyway....
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 04:13:50 pm by liondani »

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
not one version crashed on my system

win 7 64 bit - now 0.3.0 installed

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info
Will windows BitSharesX client ever support multiple wallets?   :-X
+5 for multiple wallets

Offline vlight

• View Profile
  • BitShares: vlight
Will windows BitSharesX client ever support multiple wallets?   :-X

Offline vikram

Windows users, please try 0.3.0 (https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=6468.msg86051#msg86051) and let us know if the crashing problems are still present.

Offline GaltReport

On the new version 0.2.3 when I transfer funds and I write the recipient name it doesn't filter the name anymore, it drops a list with all registered names!
So i can not pick up a name suggestion dependen on the letters I typed and I must write all the account name  !!!

I have seen that as well.

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info
On the new version 0.2.3 when I transfer funds and I write the recipient name it doesn't filter the name anymore, it drops a list with all registered names!
So i can not pick up a name suggestion dependen on the letters I typed and I must write all the account name  !!!

Offline GaltReport

I tried to register my account name but I get the following error message..

RPC Server Error: in method "wallet_account_register" : unknown account(20006)

I use the windows client, any ideas on what I may be doing wrong? I have 0.1 btsx and I choose to pay from the same account I want to register

I am getting that error too but in my case it seems to be only for accounts that I created with .com endings.  It let me create accounts with .com in them but doesn't let me register them.  I get that error.

You were right, problem was that I was trying to register a .something name, I tried "chryspano" and it registered fine.

Bytemaster:  Is this a confirmed bug? 

chryspano

I use the windows client, any ideas on what I may be doing wrong? I have 0.1 btsx and I choose to pay from the same account I want to register

I am getting that error too but in my case it seems to be only for accounts that I created with .com endings.  It let me create accounts with .com in them but doesn't let me register them.  I get that error.

You were right, problem was that I was trying to register a .something name, I tried "chryspano" and it registered fine.

Offline onceuponatime

Used the wallet for the first time ever and i had a blast!! Everything is blazing fast and smooth. So much better experience than Bitcoin Core or NXT Wallet. Great job guys!!!  :)

How about posting that same message over at bitcointalk?  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=679185.80

Offline GaltReport

chryspano

Offline BitAsset

• View Profile

I found a serious bug.

I  closed bts wallet by using Task Manager  ,   

then I reopened it, everything is gone , no accounts, no transactions.

Please help me .. I have lots of BTSX in it...
Have you registered your account and have a copy/backup of you wallet?

reboot and try again .. maybe windows did not correctly kill it ..
afaik wallets are stored in a robust database

I didn't backup wallet.
Still nothing after reboot, Is it possible to recover the wallet?

1) When you re-open your wallet can you login with your original password?
2) Check for a folder in your APP_DATA directory BitShares X/wallets/default
3) Always backup.

Yes, I can login with my password, but no accounts, transactions.

checked APP_DATA  , it has two directories  (default and my account name)

I didn't export wallet , because I thought BTSX also has a wallet.dat file like bitcoin...

Ok. I think you will be fine,  we just need to try a few things.

1.  Close wallet.
2.   Backup wallets directory
3.  Rename default to old default
4.  Rename youraccontname to default
5.  Start wallet. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recovered wallet.. Thank you very much.

another bug:

Blocks are synced, No network problem, upgraded to v 0.23 wallet.  But the transactions are still pending after two days...