Author Topic: To the guy who registered "toast"  (Read 6234 times)

Offline jae208

• View Profile
Further though, what happened to pre-reserved names in the blockchain for founders?  I was able to register at least two of mine and I'm at a loss to figure out exactly how our founder IDs are connected any more.

Anyone who registered their keys through the convoluted keyhotee process is in there. You can use "wallet_import_keyhotee" to get access to them, though I'm not convinced it works for all brain keys, in which case you can export your private key from Keyhotee proper and import it directly.

(I got "nikolai" in there but never got a founder for "toast").

I'm a keyhotee founder but I lost interest in it after a while. I did register my keyhotee founder names but that was months ago. Do I put my keyhotee id after wallet_import_keyhotee?

Did you register your key or just your name? If you didn't send your key then it was not included. You can look with "blockchain_list_accounts <yourname> 1".
Use "help wallet_import_keyhotee" for usage.

Yes, I registered my key and name multiple times as directed by Dan N whenever there was a new Keyhotee update. I also filled out the form that was on one of I3's old websites where they would do it manually.

Thank! I'll take a look at it now.
http://bitsharestutorials.com A work in progress
Subscribe to the Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/BitsharesTutorials

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Further though, what happened to pre-reserved names in the blockchain for founders?  I was able to register at least two of mine and I'm at a loss to figure out exactly how our founder IDs are connected any more.

Anyone who registered their keys through the convoluted keyhotee process is in there. You can use "wallet_import_keyhotee" to get access to them, though I'm not convinced it works for all brain keys, in which case you can export your private key from Keyhotee proper and import it directly.

I'm a keyhotee founder but I lost interest in it after a while. I did register my keyhotee founder names but that was months ago. Do I put my keyhotee id after wallet_import_keyhotee?

Did you register your key or just your name? If you didn't send your key then it was not included. You can look with "blockchain_list_accounts <yourname> 1".
Use "help wallet_import_keyhotee" for usage.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline toast

• View Profile
Nice one, glad to see my handle is as high-value a squatting target as names like "netflix", "nissan", "nokia", "yandex", etc.
Too bad names aren't transferrable, otherwise you could have made a killing!

Good look with your delegate campaign for "orz"!

(edit: to be fair, I have no concrete proof these are all connected until there's a better block explorer - just a hunch based on lump of timestamps)

oh,it was me.
I searched for common english words on google,then register whatever pops up in my head.I even register the ID "password" because the wallet has "password" hint on it . I was doing it just for fun until  I got tired .
I didn't realize it until somebody told me . Because comparing to Bytemaster and stan and hackerfish , your name is not that common for me to see , and it was almost 2:00 AM ,so a fuzzy head can't even think clearly.
And it wasn't a delegate ID.

If it is trade-able,I will give you for free.
and , "netflix", "nissan", "nokia", "yandex"   are not mine.

Like I said they are not transferrable.. I'd still like the private key so I can sweep funds people send on accident, but I can not use it safely now =[
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline jae208

• View Profile

P.S.   I tried to register toast but it was already taken ;) lol   Actually I think I'll go with ChainHangLow
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 05:14:07 am by jae208 »
http://bitsharestutorials.com A work in progress
Subscribe to the Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/BitsharesTutorials

Offline Simeon II

• View Profile

I personally tried registering ‘toast’ as well as ‘short’/’shorts’/and ‘shortUSD’ - all failed… there was a very explanatory error message that I did not get. Something about parsing if I recall  correctly.

Offline toast

• View Profile

So I guess if I can reserve one of my names now, It's not reserved by a founder and I also don't get the AGS (or BTS) that was allocated to it?

All AGS for keyhotee was allocated to a single address controlled by I3 who has the founder database for manual distribution. Ugly solution, AGS for keyhotee was a bad idea. Contact Dan directly for these.

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!

So I guess if I can reserve one of my names now, It's not reserved by a founder and I also don't get the AGS (or BTS) that was allocated to it?
Email me at adam@letstalkbitcoin.com

Offline toast

• View Profile

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!
Nice one, glad to see my handle is as high-value a squatting target as names like "netflix", "nissan", "nokia", "yandex", etc.

It might be good to put a tool-tip in that says the names are non-transferrable, I doubt the squatting would be happening if this was known.

Email me at adam@letstalkbitcoin.com

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Thumbs down for "orz", then. I won't vote in anybody like that.

Offline toast

• View Profile

(edit: to be fair, I have no concrete proof these are all connected until there's a better block explorer - just a hunch based on lump of timestamps)

edit: the reigsterer came forth and turns out my amateur detective skills were wrong about connected names. Still a bummer.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 05:14:45 am by toast »