Author Topic: BTSX no longer 3I's baby?  (Read 1761 times)

Offline gamey

• View Profile
But from what I read US government seems more friendlier to the bitcoin (or the crypto) space. On the other hand, China has some really tough rules against the crypto space? So I am wondering if this is a good move.

That said, I still can't get BTSX working so most of it has been for naught (at least for me  :'( )

It isn't just US government...  You have NY.. and 49 other states who will pass laws for little other reason than they can.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline changematey

• View Profile
But from what I read US government seems more friendlier to the bitcoin (or the crypto) space. On the other hand, China has some really tough rules against the crypto space? So I am wondering if this is a good move.

That said, I still can't get BTSX working so most of it has been for naught (at least for me  :'( )

Offline bytemaster

Division of roles and responsibility in an uncertain regulatory environment, that is all that is going on here.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline changematey

• View Profile
I am a bit slow; it is still unclear to me. Stan what was the restructuring you guys have gone through? The reason I ask is I have donated AGS to 3I and I think (not sure if you agree) that I should at least get a know into what exactly happened here. It just took many of us by surprise.

The last few sentences are confusing (about hill tops). Are you saying 3I has given BTSX so that they can prove great risk reward for DACS UnLimited?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Thx for clearing it up

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
There are many reasons for structuring ourselves as we have done.

1.  We want to build a decentralized industry with no pressure-points at which it can be seduced or coerced.
2.  We want to be able so serve as a neutral broker rather than a competing developer.
3.  We want independent developers to feel good about honoring AGS and PTS
  ... and make it easer for others to team with us to achieve great things.
4.  We want to reduce our regulatory surface area by not scrambling too many eggs in one basket
  ... so we can speak more freely as advocates for the things we believe in.

We incubate industry partners,
supply them with technology,
support and promote their efforts,
and invest in them and their products.

Given those objectives, we are situating ourselves at what we believe is one of many great risk-reward peaks on the multi-dimensional industry landscape. 

Trying to do it all from the tallest peak is not a great risk-reward point.

So we are leaving lots of other hilltops wide open as opportunities for others.

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline bytemaster

This child board is just a stop gap until we can figure out how to organize it.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline changematey

• View Profile
afaik 3i cannot run the dacs due to legal reasons .. maybe stan can clear this up
This I understand but it wasn't too long ago when the entire team of 3I was ready to pack their back and leave the country.

Plus its confusing this way. If it is something which could "fit any industry listed above" (description of this subforum) then why not leave them there. Now we have two subforums this and the "Bank and Exchange"

OTOH, guys any can help me with the issue I posted? The time I spend sitting, the asset registration is running away, I wanted to register something which I am sure guys would have loved on here.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
afaik 3i cannot run the dacs due to legal reasons .. maybe stan can clear this up

Offline changematey

• View Profile
I am wondering, why others are not wondering that BTSX has been sent to "Alternative DACs" rather than keeping it under their wings at "Bank & Exchange".

The sub-forum "Alternative DACs" by description was supposed to be dedicated to "Post your DAC business plan that doesn't fit any industry listed above" ie non-3I DACs.
So what happened with BTSX exactly? Some clarity and clarification please. Who is DACUnlimited exactly? Has it something to do with 3I distancing them from such DAcs?

PS: if anyone can help me out with this, that'll be appreciated too :P https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=5814.0