Author Topic: sum of approve for delegate over 100%  (Read 3748 times)

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1
Interesting, that is not the behavior I am seeing when I vote, but we will look into reproducing it.   Do you have a trx ID that we can lookup and inspect?
it is right ,I am wrong ,sorry
github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091

Offline bytemaster

Interesting, that is not the behavior I am seeing when I vote, but we will look into reproducing it.   Do you have a trx ID that we can lookup and inspect?
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
It is only centralized on init delegates until enough people can get onboard to vote them out.   During the dry run no large stakeholders were voting.
Every user can vote 33 delegates, and each delegate obtain the same voting no mattter how many delegates the user vote . doest it mean user can make his voting magnify by 33 times at max ,how many delegates one user delegate at average, I guess it is must less than  33.
if quantity of average delegates user vote is 20 (why I assume 20, I just vote one delegate, so I think 20 is a larger quantity),  it mean common users just enlarge these voting by 20 times, but a attacker can enlarger his voting 33 times at most.
does it mean it reduce the attacker cost?
A slate can contain 101 delegates .. not just 33 ..
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=5823.msg79445#msg79445
above topic said one user can vote 101 delegates, but I select 99 delegates and transfer 10000 BTSX but the block show my translation only vote 3 delegates
Code: [Select]
init72:  10,000 BTSX
init8:  10,000 BTSX
init0:  10,000 BTSX
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 12:20:34 pm by BTSdac »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
It is only centralized on init delegates until enough people can get onboard to vote them out.   During the dry run no large stakeholders were voting.
Every user can vote 33 delegates, and each delegate obtain the same voting no mattter how many delegates the user vote . doest it mean user can make his voting magnify by 33 times at max ,how many delegates one user delegate at average, I guess it is must less than  33.
if quantity of average delegates user vote is 20 (why I assume 20, I just vote one delegate, so I think 20 is a larger quantity),  it mean common users just enlarge these voting by 20 times, but a attacker can enlarger his voting 33 times at most.
A slate can contain 101 delegates .. not just 33 ..
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=5823.msg79445#msg79445

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile

Offline bytemaster

You might say he has a lot of "clout"  ;D
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

clout

we are using approval voting to select delegates. if you have 3% stake you can vote for a slate of 101 delegates, giving each of them 3% approval.

It is a little hard to vote out the init delegates when so many of them have 3.9% of the vote, which at the moment is a very large chunk.

Clout, you seem to have a pretty large share. Or at least you know enough people who do. Can you stop voting for some of the init delegates and give some more people a chance? Share the love! :) Pretty please? :P

I have been helping test the dry runs since the very first. I would love a chance to be a delegate. Care to spare any votes for bdnoble? :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The votes for my delegates are not from me... I have far less than 3.9% stake. I do not know who voted for them
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 02:48:56 pm by clout »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Clout, you seem to have a pretty large share. Or at least you know enough people who do. Can you stop voting for some of the init delegates and give some more people a chance? Share the love! :) Pretty please? :P
+5%

Offline bdnoble

• View Profile
    • Home Page

we are using approval voting to select delegates. if you have 3% stake you can vote for a slate of 101 delegates, giving each of them 3% approval.

It is a little hard to vote out the init delegates when so many of them have 3.9% of the vote, which at the moment is a very large chunk.

I have been helping test the dry runs since the very first. I would love a chance to be a delegate. Care to spare any votes for bdnoble? :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:)

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
I read somewhere that you approval voting is limited to 33 delegates. Is that correct?
+5% thanks

No it is 101
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
Listed a proposal here: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=5873

Not sure if this can be implemented after the fact, but I don't see why not (e.g. binaries are programmed that starting at block 50,000 - we implement this change)

Offline bytemaster

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
Delegates seem very centralized. It looks VERY different than during the dry run. Dry run was vibrant and diversified. Now it's all init delegates, and clout - I like you, man, but isn't running 5 delegates a bit greedy, and gives bad rep to BTSX.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
I read somewhere that you approval voting is limited to 33 delegates. Is that correct?
+5% thanks
That was more a questions than an answer. I can not find a documentation of the discussion....

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
+5% thanks