Author Topic: Should we transfer funds after we import AGS/PTS wallets?  (Read 1830 times)

clout

yes

damn. How does it work then: if I also import my PTS wallet, does that mean my "biophil" account has multiple private keys, and I have no way of controlling which key is associated with any particular funds?

Just trying to understand how it works under the hood so I don't make myself too vulnerable.

read your question wrong. my bad

Tuck Fheman

You have it right. Just hold on to all your wallets (including ones you donated from).

cool, thanks!

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Wait, there's an AGS wallet?  Where?

I assumed my AGS was tied to the PTS account from which I donated.

I imported my PTS wallet and received the BTSX for my presnap PTS, but I only donated to AGS after 2/28.

I'm just assuming as later DAC's come out, those AGS donations made after 2/28 will be taken care of then ... somehow (no clue how).

How exactly will that work (AGS donations made after 2/28)?

You have it right. Just hold on to all your wallets (including ones you donated from).
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Tuck Fheman

Wait, there's an AGS wallet?  Where?

I assumed my AGS was tied to the PTS account from which I donated.

I imported my PTS wallet and received the BTSX for my presnap PTS, but I only donated to AGS after 2/28.

I'm just assuming as later DAC's come out, those AGS donations made after 2/28 will be taken care of then ... somehow (no clue how).

How exactly will that work (AGS donations made after 2/28)?

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
yes

No, the account key is the not the same (how would that work since the account is created first?)

Your wallet just has your same private keys as your AGS keys
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
yes

damn. How does it work then: if I also import my PTS wallet, does that mean my "biophil" account has multiple private keys, and I have no way of controlling which key is associated with any particular funds?

Just trying to understand how it works under the hood so I don't make myself too vulnerable.
Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
I imported my AGS wallet to my account named "biophil." Does that mean biophil's private key is the same as my AGS key? If I store funds in biophil, and then someone steals my AGS private key, can they steal my funds in biophil?
Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."