Author Topic: Registered account names are non-transferrable  (Read 2646 times)

Offline Number 1

• View Profile
Just to clarify, my concern isn't really a selfish one. I can register another ID. It's more once of continuity. That users have the same ID across all I3 Dacs, especially since IDs are non transferable. Is there a fix for this. I think this works better just as in the likes of the google ID for example. A unique internet identity.
PTS: Pj8UH9ExVidcFd4LKtEgPSrwrtpYhPhug8

Offline Number 1

• View Profile
The commitment was that keyhotee founder get a name registered in the KEYHOTEE genesis .. thats a different chain .. I3 pre-register all names in the BTSX chain that followed the nameing rules of the bitshares_toolkit. No promise broken.

Thanks for your reply Xeroc. Can you explain more about the above. What were the rules in the bitshares_toolkit. Was this referred to in the newsletters?

merockstar

some people still don't get it or maybe

tylerdurden and parishilton just found out about bitsharesx :D

please, let someone them note - accounts are not transferable.

i hope it's the british tylerdurden that I remember... my dear god... please let him still be lurking about the internet somewhere...

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
What if registered account's private key gets compromised? If account names are non-transferable, does this mean that the desired account name will be lost/unusable forever?
at the current stage ... pretty much .. yup

Offline vlight

• View Profile
  • BitShares: vlight
What if registered account's private key gets compromised? If account names are non-transferable, does this mean that the desired account name will be lost/unusable forever?

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
some people still don't get it or maybe

tylerdurden and parishilton just found out about bitsharesx :D

please, let someone them note - accounts are not transferable.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
The commitment was that keyhotee founder get a name registered in the KEYHOTEE genesis .. thats a different chain .. I3 pre-register all names in the BTSX chain that followed the nameing rules of the bitshares_toolkit. No promise broken.

Offline Number 1

• View Profile
May I clarify this. Keyhotee founders who were unable to register their Keyhotee ID may actually loose their Bitshares name as other users may register it?

I thought Keyhotee names were recorded on the genesis block. Surely it would have been easy to reserve the same names in Bitshares.

What about the following i3 speil back in the early days..
http://invictus-innovations.com/your-good-name/
"
Everybody needs at least one Good Name.

That's the one on which you base your reputation.  It's the one that Abe Lincoln guarded by walking three miles to return a few cents change. Its the one that gets you into clubs and past spam filters.  Its the one that gets people to take you seriously, to trust you, to give you that key break.  It's what small towns have over big towns. Sometimes you want to go where everybody knows your name.

Assuming its your Good Name.   Your Reputation.  Your Personal Brand.

Good Names are hard to build and easy to lose.  They take work to maintain. And investment. And sacrifice.
You stand behind them no matter what, because they are that valuable."

Where's "my good name" now ?!

Offline Riverhead

Can anyone help with the following error message I am getting on attempting to register my name.

Thanks

RPC server error: In method 'wallet_account_register': Assert Exception (10)

Means the name is already in the blockchain from my experience.

bitbro

Because Keyhotee is not functional yet,  the whole ID system is messy. Ideally, all the DAC should be linked to keyhotee

Will this be the case when keyhotee comes out?

Offline Number 1

• View Profile
Can anyone help with the following error message I am getting on attempting to register my name.

Thanks

RPC server error: In method 'wallet_account_register': Assert Exception (10)

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
Because Keyhotee is not functional yet,  the whole ID system is messy. Ideally, all the DAC should be linked to keyhotee
BTS committee member:jademont

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
oh .. it makes delegates earn more from the fees!

Offline DACSunlimited

• View Profile
Registered account names are for self-use only, and cannot be transferred/sold to someone else. It won't be like the current domain system. Registering many account names won't make anyone rich.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 05:52:43 pm by DACSunlimited »