Author Topic: Spamming Account Names  (Read 1583 times)

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!
It didn't take very long for someone to spam the main account directory with a gravatar image of a naked woman. 
I have filed a ticket to get a G-rated filter placed on that so that should be out in the next release.

Someone has also decided to spam the accounts with names like "a---------------------------------------1".... we appreciate the fees, but it is clearly an indication that people value getting listed on the main page.    Enough to spam the network.    This suggests to me that we should change a fee and sort accordingly.   

A big win for the shareholders and a reduction of spam accounts on the main directory page.

What you need here is a reputation system combined with your fee system.  People should be able to pay what they want to to start, interact with, rate or "report" users and if a user has both a low rating and a high number of reports they drop in the rankings and eventually become unlisted.  Someone can start with a small amount of fee paid but through positive interaction can see their relative ranking grow.

Being a keyhotee founder should be another factor that adds credibility but not a YOUWINTHEREPUTATIONGAME sort of factor.  You surely have bad actors with founder IDs, don't go giving away the keys to the castle.
Email me at adam@letstalkbitcoin.com

Offline Simeon II

• View Profile
It didn't take very long for someone to spam the main account directory with a gravatar image of a naked woman. 
I have filed a ticket to get a G-rated filter placed on that so that should be out in the next release.

Someone has also decided to spam the accounts with names like "a---------------------------------------1".... we appreciate the fees, but it is clearly an indication that people value getting listed on the main page.    Enough to spam the network.    This suggests to me that we should change a fee and sort accordingly.   

A big win for the shareholders and a reduction of spam accounts on the main directory page.

1.Read this post https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=5989.msg80590#msg80590
2.Then read the whole thread.
and BM you can figure out who the spammer is...

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
As an idea, to prevent spamming for main account page we can place at the top of the list the Keyhoote founders or doesn't show any names until user put something into the filter.
+5%

Offline testz

As an idea, to prevent spamming for main account page we can place at the top of the list the Keyhoote founders or doesn't show any names until user put something into the filter.

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.